NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuse ratings on 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuse ratings on 77 Tique
    Posted: October-09-2006 at 5:48am
I've been cleaning the dash and installing new fuse holders on my 77 Tique. I neglected to note the fuse sizes before I removed the old holders. I ended up with 4-10 amp fuses and 1- 20 amp. Where does the 20 amp go? The horn? Thanks, Pete
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2006 at 4:26pm
No one has answered yet, so Ill wager a guess. Id say the larger breaker is for the ignition.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2006 at 4:38pm
Nice guess Tim, you're right. The proof is in the references section.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 5:46am
Thanks for the input. Yes I did go to the references section before posting the question. The only problem is those wiring diagrams are for later years. The 77 has its own fuse for the horn wereas in later years its power came off the ignition switch. Looking at amp ratings of various loads some horns can get quite high and the reason a relay is sometimes used. That is why I thought that maybe the 20 amp was from the horn. Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic