Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Southwind Year

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Lake Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southwind Year
    Posted: October-17-2006 at 3:58pm
I have just closed on a house on a lake and the boat went with the deal. Title says 1968 CC. 20' length- hull material 4 -Color Blue- Hull I.D. # 894. Title # 95192024854. It says "Southwind" on the boat. It is an I/O with a MercCruiser 160 and a straight in line 6 cylinder engine I am guessing as a Ford. From what I have been told, CC did not make "Southwind" in 1968. Boat appears in good shape. Interior needs some work. Owner said it pulls 3 skiers very easy. My question to CC fans out there - how do I determine exactly what I have here? Year-etc. I will keep posted every few days for response. Thanks for all your help. Looking forward to getting more involved as a CC enthusiast.

Lake Pete
Lake Pete
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 8:44pm
The two-digit numeric indicates the sequential model year, beginning in the first year of production, 1962 with "10," 1963 with 11, 1964 with 12, and so on up to "20".

Find the tag# on your engine.

Scott
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 9:01pm
forget what the title says, look at the engine tag and take a picture and post them here and you'll have your answers within an hour.

the reason I say not to believe what the title says is because that is what they where told to enter when it was titled. when it was bought new it did not have to be titled back then and most likely they went with a discription they had in there database when it was titled.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 10:33pm
Thread jack; 79, where you been? Still in St Pete? Workin' yet? If you are still here we oughta get together.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 12:16am
hello i have a rare correct craft swinger model it is like the southwind and freeport model but it is the stripped down model with the six cyl chrysler inboard,pitcures are in the diaries section under 1970 swinger,if it will help,the only numbers i could find were on the dash and next to the gas tank and a metal tag on one of the stringers,i called southeast correct craft in florida and they were able to pull up the build sheet for my boat,you have to ask for the guys in the archives section they were very helpful,sorry i dont have the phone numbers handy at this time ,dan in ohio.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 2:15am
Hi..LP..Correct craft also made a boat called a..CARIBE..it looks like a southwind or freeport there is one on ebay now 4-sale take a look at that and see if its close to what you have.It may be newer then you think.the # for SECC is (407)851-1965 post a pic maybe that will help.
Lake Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2006 at 10:04am
Hi Madd Marxx - I looked on ebay at the boat you talked about. Yes, it does look similair. I have no windshield- probably removed at some point. I will look at the engine tag this weekend and report back to CC fans next week as to #'s etc. and go from there.Thanks everyone for your input.
Lake Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic