NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where I can get one of these?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where I can get one of these?
    Posted: October-22-2006 at 11:40pm
My water temp gauge does not work. I have been looking for a replacement but I can't find a match. I have a '93 Sport.

Thanks

64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 3:39am
In case you can't find the new gauge, these guy's do a great job of repairing old gauges.

info@redlinegaugeworks.com

Good Luck
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 7:08am
This place was a good source for the VDO guage I was looking for.

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_mult.asp?Type=Hourmeter&Series=Cockpit&Cart=
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 9:40am
have you checked it out to find out if it is the gauge or the sending unit that is bad? Ground out the lead on the sending unit and if the needle on the guage moves then the sending unit is bad and not the guage.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 9:54am
That's a good idea. It took me a good part of the winter to find the vdo hour meter to match the one in my boat, only to find out it's not the guage. There's another problem I haven't been able to solve yet.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 10:25am
If you guys have found a source for the original white face gauges, let me know. VDO currently sells some that are very similar, but not exactly like our originals. The "Ocean Line" gauges are close, but have different bezels. The "Cockpit White" have the correct bezels but the faces dont have the symbols. The Standard (Industrial) Line is exactly what we need- but isnt offered with a white face any more that I can find (black only).
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 10:31am
79-
The gauge works, sort of...

It will peg all the way to the right, then if you tap on the gauge it will come down. the Previous owner told me he had water come out of the speedo tube and got the gauge wet. I think I may take it out first and see if I can clean it up, maybe get it to work.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 10:44am
TRB- DIM told me that they stopped making these gauges awhile ago... they told me you could find them on ebay for awhile but they are getting rare. I was hoping someone may have a used one laying around...

"The "Ocean Line" gauges are close, but have different bezels. The "Cockpit White" have the correct bezels but the faces dont have the symbols. The Standard (Industrial) Line is exactly what we need- but isnt offered with a white face any more that I can find (black only)." I agree

does anyone know if either of these would actually work? If I can't get this one fixed I need to find a replacement.

Has anyone ever torn one of these apart?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 11:02am
actualy, this one looks like a better match
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 11:35am
Give North Hollywood Speedometer a call. I bet they can fix your original gauge and make it look brand new. They specialize in VDO instrumentation.

North Hollywood Speedometer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 11:55am
Thanks Dave- I think I will call them, probably best to send it to someone who knows how to fix these, rather than screw it up myself.

Thanks...

behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 2:56pm
Summit racing has nice electronic digital gauges.

about $100.

Tim
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 3:59pm
Tim- good idea I would have to change them all out to match... But I probably could find some really cool looking ones.. And summit is local... i will keep this in mind, see how much it costs to repair the one I have...

Thanks for the input

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 4:04pm
Randy, Summit also carries the VDO's that are a close match if you decide to replace with new.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 4:12pm
TRB- Yeah, i was just checking those out... they have a S load of them.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 5:31pm
Another repair place...
Where some of the gauges are going for my other restoration project.

http://www.tempman.qpg.com/
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 4:34pm
I replaced the temp gauge with a VDO "Cockpit White". Picked It up at Summit Racing for $25. looks real nice. Unless you are really looking you can not tell it is different from the rest... I had to remove the light from the old gauge and put it in the new one (used some JB Weld) so the light would be red like the rest of them. I guess I will have to wait until next year to test it out. I did short it out between the sending lead and the ground and the needle moves all the way to the right...

Thanks for everyones input...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic