Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sport 216 Impressions, please

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
CC216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sport 216 Impressions, please
    Posted: October-29-2006 at 7:29pm
Hey Everyone:

My first post to the forum!

I wanted to get some opinions on the slalom wake of the Sport 216. I test drove just about every direct drive bowrider this year, but didn't really consider the 216 because of it's size, and didn't drive/ski one.

However, I just read a review of this boat on waterskimag.com and they said it has almost world cla$$ slalom wakes. Drat! Now it's really too late in the year here in OH to test drive one.

I sold my Prostar 205, which had pretty nice slalom wakes, and a lot of interior space. The 216 is even larger, with more interior space, and it sounds like it has similar or even better slalom performance.

Anyone care to comment? I typically ski at 15 off, 34 MPH, so I am by no means a world-record skier. But I hope to get better and hope my younger kids want to run the course some day.

Thanks!

-- Mike
1987SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 7:41pm
I have never run behind the larger boats. I have three kids who ski. The two younger ones, 16 and 14, are just learning to ski the course. The wake on our 1987 SN is large at slower speeds (26-30 mph). This makes crossing the wake difficult. As a result, they have a hard time holding enough angle to run a full pa$$ at these speeds. And, since they are novice, they can't run a full pa$$ at faster speeds. I know the guys at waterski magazine had great things to say about the 216, I would just caution you that when your kids are running the course, wake is a major factor.

1987 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 7:49pm
I would say the slalom wakes on the 216 are at least as good as the 205MC, if not better. It is a very good ski boat, and versatile enough for wakeboarding and the family. It certainly is not as good as the 196, or even the 206, but then again, those are world cla$$ ski boats. Just as the 205 is not as good as the 197 in the MC line. It's a lot of money. I'd test drive it first, even if you have to wait. However, I think you'll like it. BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 9:55am
If you have not looked at the 206 check it out also. The slalom wake is substantially better than the 216. You do give up some space in the bow and trunk but IMO not worth the difference in performance. Both great boats either way!
CC216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 11:03am
Thanks for the great feedback, everyone. I've watched the waterski magazine video of a slalom skier crossing the 216 wakes, and they certainly look crossable - at least on par or better than the old PS205. The 206 sounds even more superior, but does give up some interior space.

I am trying to find a boat that has all the space for the family - and their friends, but also be something I take out in the pre-dawn hours for some serious slalom skiing.

Need to squeeze in a test-drive before the ice forms! :-)

I'll keep you all updated on my quest for a Nautique! Thanks again!

-- Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic