Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winterizing the boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JeffL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winterizing the boat
    Posted: October-30-2006 at 5:06pm
Hey guys just started to winterize the boat. I filled the fuel tank and added stabilizer, but I can't get the coolant to pump through the motor. Is there a thermostat that has to open before it starts pumping, or is it time for a new pump? I unhooked the line from were the tranny lines hook in and put it in a bucket of coolant and it did nothing. Also were would I get a new pump, and is there anything else I should do to winterize? First boat I ever owned so not real familar with the winterizing process. Thanks

1968 CC Mustang 302ci
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 5:14pm
take a 5 gallon bucket and dump 3 gallons of antifreeze into the bucket. fill rest with water. hook garden hose to water inlet hose. start up boat let warm up to temp. shut down open pitcocks aloow water to drain from the block. close them, then sitck inlet hose into bucket and start boat up, allowing antifreeze water mix to be sucked into block. immed. take a can of fogging oil and for engine. shut motor down..do these steps as quickly as possible.......i then remove battery, hose my motor down with wd-40, and add 2 boxes of moth balls and a bucket of charcoal for moisture.. this whole proces should take 30-45 min.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 5:19pm
............forgot.............if the motor isnt sucking water your impeller could be toast..take off water pump and see if your impeller is in good shape....if so, then your pump may have to be replaced. tranny lines? confused on what your hooking up here?.you need to hook up the intake hose(going to the opening on the bottom of your boat).........68?...maybe try www.skidim.com!......hope this helps!
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 6:00pm
Check the current boat maintenance threads. There is one right now that will give you a ton of info Otherwise do a search in the forums.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic