NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bow Flag

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bow Flag
    Posted: November-06-2006 at 10:07am
Hi guys

With the water toys put away.I'm back to projects one on my list is to have a bow flag on my 92 SN.
The vintage bow lights I've seen are too bulky for the nose of my boat.And I've looked at the
at the skockets both flush and surface mount,so I guess I'm polling the knowledge of CCF any ideas will be carefully considered.

I have a nice CC burgee will look better fluttering on bow than garage wall help me out!

Thanks Munday
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 11:58pm
I would go with the flush mount on a newer boat..if you didnt run the burgee, it wouldnt distract from the boat..

Burgees...dont leave home without 'em!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 12:36am
Steve,
I am watching tv here at 12:29am, and just noticed that I have been looking at your 64 picture, for 15 min. now! Sort of dreaming...
That's a good picture.
Scott
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 8:56am
Here's another oldie, not my son, but the boat with a pennant flag, flush mounted.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 9:33am
Thanks Wood,thats the only answer I can figure out too.92 only boat I have w/o burgee.Have ole glory on the stern light of course but miss my bow flag.I'll get a flush mount I reckon thinkin I should paint the staff epoxy black to match the rest of the hardware.

Thanks Munday
barr68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 2:04pm
I need a burgee for my 68 Cuda . Where can I get a nice one? Thanks Jim B.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by scott8370 scott8370 wrote:

Steve,
I am watching tv here at 12:29am, and just noticed that I have been looking at your 64 picture, for 15 min. now! Sort of dreaming...
That's a good picture.

Scott, Thats about all i can do for the next 4 months.. just put boat in storage last week

btw, 68 , I had a local lady make my burgee...I made a full size paper pattern of
the size , shape and color combo.. get lots of comments on it.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 12:18am
68, I had mine made by A&A Marine. If you can't find them in a Google search let me know, I've got records somewhere.

The burgees sure add a lot to the cla$$ics

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2006 at 11:07am
Chuck, Like that picture. I have always liked the lines of the vintage boats, especially under way. Low and lean.

Another thing I like is they look very small and innocent. Unless you know better, its hard to believe they have big V8s, sound great and run like crazy. I kind of like that deceptive appearance.

For two years now, I have been going to buy an ensign for my stern light pole and havent gotten around to it. This year for sure, make a good Christmas present maybe. Would like the front pennent too, but since I don't have a spot for it in my light, guess I'll have to go without.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2006 at 11:33am
Tique, I just checked out your "30 years," very nice, great pics, great memories.

And yes, those cla$$ics love to sit low, but they pop out of the water hungry to go.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2006 at 11:38am
Gotta agree..nothing pretteir (or more fun!)than a cla$$ic in the water!!! Is that your boat? Your pic looks like a post card!

this is my 64 last summer at Summit Lake in WI... my early morning therapy ...no one else up..grab a cup of coffee, go for a cruise... (and wake up the neighbors )

Life is good!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2006 at 12:58pm
Steve, yup, my boat. And thanks for the post card comment. Thats kind of how I feel. Here is same view, zoomed out a bit.

Ugly time of year, but I took this pic on December 27, 2003, the day a realtor showed me the house. Made the offer the next day. Its in NC, and living in ma$$achusetts, it didn't hurt the sale that someone was out skiing this December day. I can only enjoy this place a few weeks a year, which makes the post card comment even more accurate. Having the island out there, a short swim away, is kind of fun, its almost like its our own, except a few other folks do collect there to swim and stuff on weekends. Quiet part of the lake, speed restriction sets in about 100 yards to the right, so no significant boat traffic out front and only a short idle to where we can start skiing. No jet skis allowed on the lake either. Retiring there in 1687 days...but who's counting.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic