NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1996 Nautique Damaged - $4,000

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2006 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

Where's DavidF, the Fibergla$$ whiz???

Moj

I'm, just a bit busier than normal. Fire and fibergla$$ composite do not mix. The polyester in the gelcoat actually burns readily. However, I am unsure how the modified epoxy resin resists fire. If the damage is limited to the gelcoat and does not penetrate the fibergla$$ composite structure too much, then no problem fixing. Otherwise, It will take a bit of work. Wonder what the bottom looks like.
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2006 at 7:53pm
When I was younger traveling with my parents near Gatlinburg, TN, winding through the mountains we came across a boat burning on the trailer. It was disconnected from the RV, and the people were just watching it burn. My Dad asked how it started... the driver threw a cigarette butt out the window and must have landed on the cover.

In the mountains, not close to any fire station, the only option was to watch it burn. As I remember, it was an I/O, so I wasn't heart broken. ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic