Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

91 windshield needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Angolafw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angolafw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 91 windshield needed
    Posted: December-24-2006 at 9:42am
Need a windshield for my 1991 Nautique.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 10:16am
You are going to have a very hard time finding a used one- parts boats (especially that new) are pretty rare.

Although theyre not cheap, I believe you can still get a replacement through your dealer. Water Bonnet was the original manufacturer.

The original owner of my '90 had the windshield replaced some time ago. He put on a 92-93 windshield that I like much better. The part number for this windshield is 7773-1.

64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 7:57pm
I've got an 80's or 90's Nautique windshield on a '64 Dunphy that I would sell (the windshield, not the Dunphy!). I'm trying to fix the Dunphy up (needs a fair bit of work) and I'd like to have a windshield that looks more like the original one. So I figured I'd mention it here. A friend told me about this site and the post. Cool site!
I'm gonna try to add some photos here. I'd like to end up with $200.00 if you're interested. I will post exact dimensions soon, but it's the curved type (approx. 72" across and 15" or 16" high -- I'll check the curvature of it too). I think it is shorter on the trianglular side piece's bottom and back legs than the one pictured above.   
Inboards Rule!
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 8:03pm
Oh well - that's the best picture I could upload it looks like due to size limitations; not sure. However, I have a lot of good digital pics of it for a better look I could e-mail if interested. It's in very good shape. Not perfect, but very good. The other pics would convey that.
Inboards Rule!
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 8:17pm
Just another note. This photo sort of makes the windshield look like it's the flat one. It's not; the front piece is significantly curved. The picture angle makes it look sort of like the flat one now that I'm looking at it. Just figured I'd clarify that! :-)
Inboards Rule!
Angolafw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angolafw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2007 at 8:42am
Thanks for the reply! Looks good,, where did you get the width measurement from,, the top of the windshield or the bottom(that sits on the deck)? Water Bonett made it originally,but approx. 1 year ago, stopped with that model on up to 1996. They have since teamed up with Taylor Made (merger). Anyway,.. some more pictures & measurements would be awesome! Also, if you need any advice on your restoration, I'd be glad to help you out. My business is fibergla$$ repair/restoration of boats and personal watercraft in NE Indiana.
You can contact me at brad_kammeyer@hotmail.com
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2007 at 9:24am
Sounds good. I'm stil at the other computer. When I get back to mine I'll email better pics. I had just taken some rough measurements and that approx. 72" length is at the deck (bottom of the windshield). The 15" or 16" height I mentioned was from the center of the curved top straight down to the deck but I don't think that dimension varies much as you go toward the ends (maybe a little). I'm not positive but I think I saw the Taylor Made logo on it somewhere. I'll give better specifics when I email pics.
Inboards Rule!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2007 at 9:27am
Hey 64X55, Looks good!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2007 at 4:16pm
Hey Angolafw,
Just wanted to make sure you got my e-mail and pics. Sent them and never heard back from you. I think I copy and pasted your e-mail from one you sent me, so I was a little concerned that you didn't get it.
As I noted in my 2nd e-mail, don't worry about it if the gla$$ doesn't suit your needs. Just wanted to be sure you got everything. If you didn't get them I can try again.
Thanks!
Inboards Rule!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic