Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I’m looking for a Nautique boat lift

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
powelwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powelwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m looking for a Nautique boat lift
    Posted: December-24-2006 at 7:03pm
I just bought a '99 Air Nautique that is spectacular. It has only 39 hours on it and is in show room condition.

Anyway, I have lake house with a traditional boat sling for an outboard boat, and I'm waiting to use my boat lift to raise and lower my Air Nautique. Does anyone make a supmersible trailer (no axle, wheels,etc) that the cabels for a traditional slide can be attached to, so that you can raise and lower the boat without the potential of damaging the drive shaft or fins.

Any other advice would be helful if there are other options???

Thanks in advance,

Walt Powell
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 9:01pm
Check out:

www.lunmar.com
www.boatliftdistributors.com
www.boatliftwarehouse.com

That should get you started. BKH
Livin' the Dream

nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2007 at 1:59pm
What about a Doozie
Google Doozie Boat lifts

I have two 4000lb ones in my boat house
powelwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powelwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2007 at 7:55pm
Thanks for your suggestions. Since I live in Houston, and since there is a large dealership here, there is also a company called Boat Lift Distributors in Houston. Last night I saw them at the Houston Boat Show (which is huge and fills the Reliant Center) and then have a cradle life that I think will work perfectly. It's a complete kit with the cradle, and a new motor and cables, etc. They want $1250 for the turnkey deal. It's seems like a good deal to me.

My only concern is that the I-Beam that run under the boat across the front and rear of the boat has a 22" lift on it. On top of this lift are the heavy duty boards on which the boat sits. I just have to measure to make sure that when I pull the boat into the stall that 22" t0 24" will clear the prop and drive shaft.
Walt Powell
powelwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powelwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2007 at 11:23am
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

What about a Doozie
Google Doozie Boat lifts

I have two 4000lb ones in my boat house
Walt Powell
powelwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powelwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2007 at 11:31am
Dear Nautique Frk ,

thanks for your reply. I sent an earlier reply, but I forgot to ask you about your Doozie Boat lifts. Are they "cradle" lifts, and if so, how tall our the "posts" (not the right word) that the boards that your boat rests on are attached to. The distributor in Houston has a 22" cradel lift where the I-Beam that is in the front and rear of the cradle is 22" below the vertical lifts, then the long boards (or beams that the boat rests on).

To me, this mean that when I drive into the slip, I only have 22" (or maybe 24" to 25" once the long boards are attached)of clearance to protect my fins, drive shaft and prop.

Do you have any idea how tall your cradle lift was above the Ibeams?
Walt Powell
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2007 at 7:33pm
Aluminum Boat Cradles Inc. Umatilla FL 352-669-3355 www.boatcradles.com Best around.

A neighbor went to the Houston Boat Show and picked up a coupon from some boat lift company. The coupon is worth a 20% discount for the next two weeks.

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2007 at 9:54pm
Walt,
Are you going back to the show and when? What lake are you on? I'm in Friendswood and ski in Clear Creek and at a Private Lake in League City...I'm headed to the show probably Tuesday.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
powelwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powelwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2007 at 11:03pm
I'm unfortunately not going back this week. I'm headed to my ranch tomorrow for this week, and then to my lake house at Riverside, Tx (outside Huntsville). We have a 250+ acre lake with a narrow inlet/outlet to the Trinity River above 20+ miles up river from Lake Livingston.

I think I was worried about the lift too much. It took my 14 yr old son to point out to me today that the boards lifting the boat would be under the water line just as a trailer backs into the water and you drive unto the trailer. After I saw a photo of our boat (the rear end on a trailer), I realized all I had to "clear" was the difference from where the boards that lift the boat (I forget the word for them), to the bottom of the shaft. Now I'm thinking I might get by with a 16" riser instead of the 22" riser. Any suggestions?
Walt Powell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic