NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Used Boat Prices

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Used Boat Prices
    Posted: January-04-2007 at 4:16pm
Just for chuckles I plotted the cost of used boats for sale on this site against year. Did about 130 out of the 200. Here's what it looks like. Gives you a sense of the price range for various time frames. Of course these are just asking prices, I don't know if the boats sold or for how much if they did.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 9:15pm
Larry: I think you may be spending just a little bit to much time at the computer.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 9:17pm
Where's the vertical axis for "priceless"?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 9:44pm
Chuck; Right across the top man.

Boat: to much
Maitenence: always
Gas: don't ask
Sound when you fire it up on the ramp (plus the looks): you guys know what I mean!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2007 at 8:52am
75Tique,
Great work. This is exactly what I'll be doing in the near future. I will add a form that allows you to enter a year and model and it kicks out a estimated price range - much like the price range when looking at the details view of a boat for sale int the Diaries section.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2007 at 9:05am
Keith,

Did you receive the paperwork I sent to you?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 12:27pm
BOAT =

B = Break
O = Out
A = Another
T = Thousand
------------------
Break out another thousand !!!

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 1:32pm
We will NEVER lose our shirts on selling our boats. I would easily get my money back if I were to sell my boat....except the replacement engine.

Can we say this for a Bayliner????

Ken

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 1:49pm
resale is good regardless of the year it all depends on the condition of the boat and what motor is in it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 1:55pm
I agree, Chris. I would say that more Correct Craft owners care for their boats than not. Occasionally, I do see junk floating around on the cla$$ified ads. For some reason, I personally judge how the owner kept up with the boat by looking at the hull/graphics and condition of seats. If the hull, graphics and seats are messed up, how well have they cared for the engine???

Ken
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

We will NEVER lose our shirts on selling our boats.

...unless we have major issues with oil/petroleum. Shortages or ma$$ive price hikes will put us (especially those with very expensive rigs) in a very tough position.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 2:05pm
does that count when your motor costs more than most stock CC for that year? I.E. 6K in the motor and blue book is 5K
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 2:14pm
I dropped $5,500 worth of engine and installation into a $9,900 boat. The $5,500 was well worth it due to the boat being in "excellent" condition. I would have spent the same amount of money on an engine for my 1980. Guess it depends on your love for the boat.

Ken
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 2:22pm
79, that just tells me that P.T. Barnum was correct, there is one born every minute............ boat dr
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

does that count when your motor costs more than most stock CC for that year? I.E. 6K in the motor and blue book is 5K

That's the boat you probably end up keeping for yourself a long long time, and for good reason.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 3:14pm
didn't build the motor to turn around and sell it cheap
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 3:50pm
Your boat is definitely a keeper, Chris.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 3:56pm
get calls every now and then people trying to cut the price, but it's hard to do when you still are bolting on more goodies, just wait until spring then I'll un=wrap the heads and take some photo's and so you all of the nice shiny polish aluminum exhaust with anodized fittings for the plumbing. might even break down and spend another 200 on a chrome intake to finish off the looks then if I do that then I'll have to break down and get new chrome fuel bowls too.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 4:08pm
What would you buy next, Chris?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic