NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looks of new boats

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looks of new boats
    Posted: January-17-2007 at 1:01pm
Interesting thread over on PN. Guy complaining about look and lines of 07 boats seen at boat shows. Complaining that they look like I/Os now, not the cla$$ic clean lines of comp. ski boats.
One of them reminded me of the old boats on the fibergla$$ics web site

PN link
show photos link

What do you think of the new boats and their lines? I know last year I thought the closed bow 196 was the best looking boat at the show, but I tend to like the cla$$ic clean lines myself, versus all the swoops and swirls and goofy graphics. I guess that might come with not being 25 any more.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I thought the closed bow 196 was the best looking boat at the show, but I tend to like the cla$$ic clean lines myself, versus all the swoops and swirls and goofy graphics. I guess that might come with not being 25 any more.

Not entirely, Larry. I prefer the cleaner graphics of the 196/206 to the rest of CC's line as well. I think those and the the non-X Mastercrafts have the best looking graphics as of late.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 3:02pm
Geez, looking at the link w/ the boat show pics, I thought maybe it was a set for a new hip-hop/rap video!
Snoopdog does Mastercraft
Guess I'm gettin old!
My 10 year old wants to listen to the hip-hop station or watch MTV videos & I'm disgusted.
I hear "Your not watching that crap" come out of my mouth. I sound like my old man 30 years ago.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 4:12pm
I like the new stuff and the old stuff. The cla$$ic lines of the old CC are unbeatable but the size and function of that bow is hard to beat. I think boats have come along way. The styling is all preference, but the function of the new stuff is amazing.

I like the look of the new supra's they are pretty cla$$y in my opinion.

THe thing that drives me crazy is the price of these boats. There is no way a 21ft boat is worth 60k+.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic