NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hydrodyne owners Forum

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydrodyne owners Forum
    Posted: January-17-2007 at 3:17pm
For those of you who grew up watching ski shows in the midwest or elsewhere, you might appreciate this site HD Owner's Site
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 3:51pm
Someone mentioned Hydrodyne in another thread a few days ago. I remember in the very early 70's when my interest in skiing first kicked in and getting the water skier magazine that came out at the time. Hydrodyne pushed their I/O ski boat pretty hard in ads. It was low slung, which I liked but had a big huge motor box with a big scoop looking thing on it that didn't excite me too much. I guess they didn't catch on because they became extinct pretty quickly. Probably a real collectors item now.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 3:53pm
There are plenty of 18'/20' Dynes still around southern WI lakes, maybe one day I'll get my hands on one.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 4:48pm
He is talking about the I/O version. IIRC there was one on Green Lake.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 6:39pm
There's a really nice Hydrodyne inboard on the river where we ski. I don't know anything about it, but it sure sounds good when it goes by.

Rob
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

He is talking about the I/O version.

That's great.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 6:54pm
My neighbor has a 76' with the I/O, this year he picked up a new one with a 200hp OB in great shape, probably a 90something. Very cool boats especially when you throw 3 OB's on em.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 10:02pm
Guy in our ski club has the inboard model, '90 I think......nice boat. When I was a kid (long ago) and first starting to ski, we were all excited about a Dyne. Before we found Nautiques, of course.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 9:53am
Thanks for the tip. I really like the Hydrodyne outboards. There rare around here. I've never seen one. There's two inboards on our lake that are nice looking boats.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 10:30am
Stumbled across this ad today.

hydrodyne for sale-Craigslist
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 11:43am
There is a '85 20' for sale at usawaterski.org. Probably an old show boat, windshield and engine available.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 1:00pm
Not bad little boats. The inboards are pretty sleek looking. I hope their site is successful like Keith's.

On my way to Correct Craft to get my boat out of storage. I'm pretty happy about this.

Larry, get yourself ready, my friend!

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 1:28pm
Hey Ken,

I did get your email but I was on vacation that week and was just catching up last weekend when I got to it. I havent signed up for the reunion yet because I may be in NC that week (gotta check out my brothers new Skylark, and hopefully make a trip over to reidp's - If I was really lucky it would be the week jbear is thinking about swinging by) The Supra is all cleaned up and running good and ready to be sold. (ask Craig if he'd have any interest in consigning it for me, since you are heading up that way) I feel good about that because in years past, I am always late getting that done. The Tique is in the garage ready to go. Its been years since I started skiing on or before Memorial Day but I am ready already. I am in North Carolina the first week of June (two trips this summer), but would like to get out before that. Anytime you are ready, come on down. It would be good if Tim (or anyone else, Tim just happens to be the closest) could join us, but I'm guessing he heads off to CT every weekend to look after the 90 and the Tique. Anyway, I'm ready to go. Keep in touch.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 9:07pm
We've got a Twin-Rig outboard Dyne with 175's on our show ski team. Damn thing pulls like mad. We pulled 12 barefooters behind a Dyne with twin 250hps in Warsaw IN. But the ultimate is the triple 250's we see on the big show team's Dynes.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 1:53pm
There is one on Ebay right now.

Dyne
Greg

86 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 10:37am

I'm not sure if this is even a ski boat, but deserves a mention for biggest twin rig I've ever seen or heard of.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 11:09am
Kevin, I've seen that set up on the back of bass boats! Not really but I am always wondering why the bass boat guys with large HP's need to get from one fishing spot to another so fast.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 11:27am
Some of the best "racing" I have ever seen are the launches of the bigger southern bass tournaments. Those guys don't want other people to get to thier holes first. I went out with my friend Walt once on the James river on an allison "bass" boat, wouldn't do it again he would run at a steady 90 gps, then slow down to 70 to make sharp turns into little creeks that are only navigatable during high tide, great fisherman but if thats how he always drives hes lucky to be alive I don't think the helmets and the crash vests are going to be of much use the day a log pops up in the way.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I don't think the helmets and the crash vests are going to be of much use the day a log pops up in the way.

Joe, You might have missed my posting about the high percentage of drowned fishermen that are found with their flys open!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dalton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2010 at 4:48pm
Hi, If your interested in one give me a call. I have a 1968 17' all org. Thanks, Harald 757-435-4905
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2010 at 5:13pm
dalton, your location, condition, picture and asking price would help
dalton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2010 at 6:30pm
Anyone interested pls. send copy of your email address to: ccs001@verizon.net I will send pics & discription. Thanks, Harald
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2010 at 7:27pm
One thing about the hydrodyne website that caught my attention was that they have a link to a website in Australia that still have brand new Airguide speedometer, model 2025. I thought nobody have them anymore. Airguide 2025
akaufman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akaufman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 1:08am
Hi All,

Just came across this forum and wanted to mention that we are in the process of trying to sell our Hydrodyne outboard ski boat.

Here is the info on it, if anyone is interested let me know i have a lot of pictures avalable.

1984 Hydrodyne Championship outboard water ski boat. We have owned the boat since about 1985 and it has always been serviced and maintained regularly at marina in the Adirondacks. Used very little on a small Adirondack Lake. Motor is a 1998 Mercury Optimax 225hp with low hours. This is the best boat any of us have ever skied behind! The interior was re-done (upholstery and carpet) a few years ago and the teak has been refinished in recent years. The boat has always been stored indoors (in a covered boathouse during the summer and covered storage during the winter). Boat includes a galvanized Load-Rite trailer. Email for more info. Get it in time for summer, you will not find a better ski boat!
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2017 at 9:53am
Found a couple of these IO's sitting on what looks like original trailers. One may be a parts boat donor as it seems missing the out drive on my drive by. Have sent the owner a line to see what the status is. These have been sitting a long time and seems time to perhaps breathe a little life into them. Any interest?
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic