Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foam removal

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
Author
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 7:25pm

Eric

WOW!

Farmer
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 9:03pm
Eric,Great job on the floor. Is that removeable piece of floor, your idea? And do you cut the carpet to fit that piece, or go over it? Thanks, Scott
Scott
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 9:06pm
Scott, That is how our 88 is. I believe it is "factory". Makes working in the back half of the boat way easy.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Scott, That is how our 88 is. I believe it is "factory". Makes working in the back half of the boat way easy.

Thanks Kurt. I like that. Is the carpet cut around it. And is there a piece of trim covering the seam? Scott
Scott
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2007 at 8:03am
Scott, yes it's separately carpeted, with trim on the sides. I've seen people eliminate the access hole, as well as the trim.

Factory

Sorry Pete!

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2007 at 9:41am
I put everything back to the way it was, it is nice having that removavable floor to get at things, gotta few more things to do inside then I'll put in the carpet. the carpet wont go in until everything is complete. taking a sanity break from the boat,
I'll get back at it in when I get freed up....the hard part is done
"the things you own will start to own you"
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2007 at 6:55pm
NO Eric a sanity break would be a couple hours and a couple buckets of beers at the local strip joint. Then go back to work the next day well relaxed.

The boat looks awsome.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 5:59pm
Eric did all your snow melt yet? Ours finally did and I went by the lake and it looks pretty open to me. I would say by next week all remaining ice floats should be gone. Summer is almost here.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 7:55pm
all gone thank god, hopefully for good, had the doors open today breathing some of that fresh air....wont be long
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 9:48pm
fresh air is always welcome at any shop. That's the only bad part about the addition to our plant, we no longer have a big door right ourside of the millwright shop.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2007 at 7:34pm
Eric how is the pink carpet coming along?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 4:52pm
main piece is going in today...wont be long
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 4:56pm
Well calling for snow the rest of the week so, you have time yet. No need to be in a hurry was just checking. Had not heard anything baout it lately. Figured you were waiting for the carpet to get there.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 3:15pm
re-fresh
mjess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 2:38am
Eric
I know this is a almost a year old post but I just finished glass floor and foam removal on a 78 S.N.My question is on the other years of S.N. what size marine plywood did C.C. use for the main floor. I know it's 3/4 for the inspection cover. Any advice on the rebuild? I don't think as of now I'll refoam or use the glass route on floor
ski naut
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 12:44pm
they glassed the top of the floor, it was probably 3/8 thick, there wasnt any plywood used for the floor
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

they glassed the top of the floor, it was probably 3/8 thick, there wasnt any plywood used for the floor

Wood wasnt used on *most* of the floor- CC used 3/4" planks between the motor box and battery box to span the bilge. I replaced with 3/4 ply. Like Eric said, the rest of the floor is fiberglass over foam. Most of it is ~1/4" thick.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2008 at 12:45pm
picture
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2008 at 12:59pm
Thanks Eric! This will help a lot. I guess I get the bonehead award for not finding it myself?!!?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2008 at 1:04pm
im having flashbacks, I think i will down load all the pics i have on a cd and mail it to you, believe me it will be helpful, i probably have a hundred or so, call me with your address I'll get it down to you
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2008 at 1:08pm
You're a pal...and just in time! This will also help Bill(majic1029). I'll call you at the shop tomorrow? And I'll send you a few back to spin in the shop.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 11:58pm
when I re did the entire interior of my 78 martinique that I bought in 02 (or was it 03) I ended up taking all that darn foam out. It was waterlogged from the drain from the battery box being glassed almost all the way shut from the factory.

I ended up using the liguid wood repair for the couple of dry rotted sections, used 12 gallons of fiberglass resin, and a lot of FG sheet.

When I replaced the floor, I used plywood that I glassed top and bottom, and in the end, the boat probably weighs 500 lbs or so more than original.

That is fine since it is a wakeboard boat, and it works quite well.

I re carpetted the interior with specific boat carpet, and I had my friends dad do a custom vinyl interior. I got rid of the cheesy bench seat, and made a backward facing curved front passenger seat that can fit 2 normal sized people, and I put in a drivers seat froma Mariah that I should probably re vinyl to match the rest of the tri color grey/ light blue/ med blue vinyl scheme.

Now I need to do some small engine mods as I am certain my running issue is a leaky intake gasket. Heck its only 30 years old, I can't see why it is failing;) My awesome Gf got me a set of chrome valve covers and an edelbrock performer intake to go with my much newer 4160 carb I had a local carb guru build for me that I got last year.

the boat has always been a work in progress, but the 250 man hours I spent on it were well worth it.

I need to upload some pics, but now all it really needs after the minor engine fixes (plus probably gt40p heads since the head gaskets are 30 yrs young as well;)

I would love to put a tower on it, but the Fly High pole has worked pretty well so far.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 12:03am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

that is how my 78 martinique was.

no wood in the floor at all, besides the access cover/ plate behind the motor, and the stringers of course.

if you completely glass the plywood, you don't need to use anything but good normal plywood. it gets marinized by the resin.

But my nautique now has 1/2" ply on the sides, 3/4" ply for the entire removable behind the motor "plate" and layers of 1/2" and 3/4" ply in front of the motor.

It is SOLID now, and remains dry since we yanked the foam out, and put channels for any water that does get in to drain to the center bilge.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
  Share Topic