NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Music

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 2:24pm
Dr.
downloading some Toots & The Maytals - Live in London (1980) right now, I'll let you know what I think...
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 6:30pm
Randy,try this website;cajunzydeco.net
if your downloading try some of these;
Buckwheat Zydeco
Clifton Chanier
Wayne Toupes&Zydacajun
Zachery Richard
Nathan and the Zydeco Cha Cha's
Jo-El Sonnier
Doug Kershaw
Hope you enjoy these as much as we do down here.Most of these guys are locals that have real jobs that pay for their music habit....boat dr    
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:49pm
Lake: You ain't old enough yet to claim the "old guy" tag. But you guys all know where I stand on this subject: the music comes from those twin pipes coming outa your stern. When you shut 'er down for a cold one, nothing better than the sound of the water and nature.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:56pm
Jbear,

My son is always calling me old, I guess he has finally convinced me that's the case.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:59pm
Your Saturday greeting will show up on your e-mail in a couple of minutes. Stay tuned.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 9:33pm
I like 60's-70's rock, some metal, cla$$ical, not too much country. When I'm on the water...I listen to family and friends.
Scott
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 9:40pm
best sounds: lap of water on the hull. low grumble of the 351. While skiing we do a lot of doobie brothers, steve miller band, jethro tull, Eagles, mellancamp, the boss, boston, etc. while enjoying red wine: miles davis, coltrane, kurt elling, dave brubeck, jamie cullum.

Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by scott8370 scott8370 wrote:

When I'm on the water...I listen to family and friends.

Scott: I like that! Better even than loud pipes.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 11:39pm
Dr,

listened to a little of the Toots & Maytals. Kind of like listening to Bob Marley while smoking a big bowl of gumbo! Not bad, I'll give it a better listen tomorrow...   
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 12:48am
damn bd.   we just used the coona$$ microwave last week, but our camera bit the dust!!!
   I just bought my girl a K10D.... I will get a pic of it next time.

Oh zydeko is good, but most of the party's and weddings I play for like jitterbug, oldschool, swamp pop (DonRich) and those damn line dance songs....
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 1:21am
sorry for the late post, but I just finished gettin all the stuff done to cook a big stinkin GUMBO for tomorrow.
   The Mardi Gra$$ parade pa$$es in font of my house and the bar is across the street so it is a big a$$ block party.
Damn boat Dr. if I could have warned you earlier you could have came down and made this....

RootRacing
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 8:05am
Root, couldnt help but ask...what'd the blonde on the right have to do to get THOSE beads?   

btw,i see in your profile something about restoring muscle cars...got any?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:01am
Boat doc and Root,

Sorry to admit Zydecos not on my list as my regular listening music, but here's a web address of a good friends zydeco band Hurricane Gumbo. They turn any show they do into one hell of a party. My buddy Bill plays the squeeze box and he used to throw a party in his backyard called Billapalooza. It got so big they had to stop cause he had people driving in from all over and camping for the weekend in his backyard, what a blast that was. I guess the good thing about Zydeco is it's good fun music and once you get a few beers in the crowd watch out.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:36am
62,not to jump in on the m/car thing but,I have to project cars that i am not going to complete;
1. 1969 Mustang fastback,no motor or tranny,but complete interior.Too much rust for me to tackle.
2.1973 Mustang Fastback no motor or tranny,and not too much rust.
will sell both as a package deal,any takers in your area?
3.Brdley GT ,kit car,all the parts, plus a complete 1969 VW car w/motor.
Gotta git rid of some of my toys, any takers?????boat dr
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:37am
not feelin the zydeco fellas!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:25am
Toots and his version of John Denver's Country Roads, is one of my favorites. He changed the words from West Virginia to West Jamaica. Give that a listen.

My home email address is "oneparticularharbor@alltel.net". That tells some of you where my dial points most often. Did someone already mention Sirius 6031. I'm still a big Motown boy too, and the beach music's been known to echo from our dock often also. But I don't have a stereo built into a single boat of ours, 'cause while cruising I'm too entranced listing to the sweet and mellow tunes of Buddy Holley and the 4 Barrels, Isaac camSHAFT Hayes, Talking GT40 Heads, Barry Manifold, Iggy Pop-top, Crank Zappa, and the Sex Pistons, among other favorites, who all sing in perfect harmony. It's gettin late and I'm getting stupid.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:34am
I put a modest stereo in my 65, I mounted the head unit low and under the dash, you really have to look for it, and no holes in the dash. With the open exhausts on the 318 and no foam in the boat (the whole boat becomes a resonance chamber for the motor) I really don't have to worry about listening to tunes while under way. I really don't have to worry about holding a conversation either, it breaks down to shouting and hand gestures. The music that motor makes is really nice!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:09pm
hell I've got a stereo and 800watt amp amd still can bearly hear the damn thing if the motor is singing at 4K or higher.

But it's easy to hear with the motor off.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:49pm
I crank up what everyone else cranks up: Madonna, B-52's, The Cure, George Michael, Michael Jackson "Beat It".

On a serious note, if I had a stereo on my boat, I'd jam to Metallica, Ride the Lightning album, Korn, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Rage Against the Machine.

Ken

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

The music that motor makes is really nice!

Now you are talkin' my language Gary.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 5:41pm
Tim D
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 9:45pm
Tim: I am forever impressed at the cool stuff some of you guys can do with these computers!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 10:47pm
That's not impressive. I took it from a post on another web site. It's a gif, an animated pic. You just right click on any pic and click on save picture as and save it where you want to. For the tough copyright stuff, you just hit the print screen button on your keyboard and then in a program like photoshop you edit and paste. Anything can be copied and used that's on the internet. Like this one from an email.
Tim D
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 11:00am
Tim,
Bascically I think what John's saying is that while you indeed seem to come by and grasp it easily, others of us just can't fathom how it's done without walking us thru it step by step. And then if I do it just once and not repetitively, damned if it's not forgotten again. As I just told TRBenj on the phone a few minutes ago as we were talking about jbear's heads and various engine specs, I'm too the point with age and my memory overload, that I must now forget something before I can remember or retain something new. And with all the stuff I'm learning on this site, just imagine all the usefull stuff I've forgotten about.       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 11:17am
jbear,From the last three post I conclude the following:
reid, jbear and i have used up our hard drive,and must hit the DELETE to load new info.
Tim D does not have this problem........
              boat dr
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I'm too the point with age and my memory overload, that I must now forget something before I can remember or retain something new.       

Damn well said riedp,    I just hope my memory keeps all the good stuff and kicks out all the bad stuff....
RootRacing
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 10:07pm
Reid: Right on the mark my friend altho I liked the way the dr put it. I can usually "get it" if one of the guys here walks me thru it. Everytime I post pics I gotta go back to Randy-in-Ohio's great thread.

BTW: When are you leaving for here? I'da thought you'd be on the road by now. If not, pack some long pants, its cool here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 10:23pm
Leaving for where? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm bringing you something that the guys threw in the truck. I hope MM and 79 remember what they are.

Leaving Charlotte around 8:00am tomorrow, expect to be just south of Daytona at some crusty old campground by around 5:00pm. Libations 5:00:1pm. Orlando Saturday 8:00+/-??
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 10:42pm
You do know how to pick campgrounds...remember where ya spent the nite after Christmas?!
I have talked to MM and 79 and backfoot this week. All are on board.

See ya in a couple days.

Do you know where to get off of I-4 for MM's house?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic