NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carpet for 76 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Lake Horse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet for 76 Mustang
    Posted: February-26-2007 at 9:05am
I'm trying to find similar carpet for my mustang and I'm having a hard time finding some. The reason I want to stay OEM is because the sides are perfect but the floor in one spot is wearing through and I would like to keep it all the same. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Lake Horse
76 Mustang

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 9:30am
Do a search for Capri carpet. Look at there indoor outdoors. It comes in several colors. They will send you a sample. The color match will not be exact due to being made at different times.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 2:13pm
Thanks 8122pbrainard for the help! Material looks pretty close but I'll get sample to see how close it comes to OEM. Thanks again!!!
Lake Horse
76 Mustang

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 4:51pm
remeber your carpet is going to be faded so the sample will look a little brighter but will fade as well over time. You might notice a difference the first season but most likely not the second.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 5:07pm
Primarily what I'm looking for is the combination of black specs with the overall red material.
Lake Horse
76 Mustang

JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 9:11pm
    Hey Lake Horse if you find some let me know as I need the same color scheme for the 74.        Thanks!!    Jeff....
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 10:47pm
Wow, how cool: a JEFF KOSTIS post!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 9:06am
I will shoot you the information if I find the right kind Jeff.
Lake Horse
76 Mustang

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Wow, how cool: a JEFF KOSTIS post!

john

Thanks Lake Horse!
And Jbear, YES I am still alive I think, bit will never try to compete with your 1400 posts!!!

Jeff...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 8:20am
http://capricarpet.com/grass_carpet.htm

Here's a link for the 70's carpet

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 8:45am
that stuff doesn't look the same I don't think it was the black specs to it like he is looking for. I'll give my buddy a call and see if they have some old carpet in storage that they did not use anymore. I know they do not use that style of carpet anymore but they may have some laying around.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 10:55am
79, The marine blue that I used has the black specs. Best way to compare is to request a sample.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 1:24pm
8122, I requested a sample but I checked a local carpet store and they had a red Astroturf sample that was dead-on but I need to check the material height. I don't remember it being an inch tall. Thanks for the info.
Lake Horse
76 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 10:31am
Lake Horse, Wow a inch tall!! Someone must have used some Scotts Turf builder on the Astroturf!! Do you mean 1/2"? Seriously, keep in mind the grass turf really mats down and is the reason I changed mine. It still looked good, it was just matted.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 8:02pm
    I would like to find some blue for the 76 as well. I love pulling the exhausts and gas tanks and seeing crap pieces used as wrapping....

Jeff....
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 9:08pm
Lake Horse, Are you saying your local carpet store has the old astro turf carpet red with black specks JUST like original? If so I would like the phone number of the store because I have searched high and low. I am looking for red and black and blue and black.
Thanks for your help. bj
hasbeenskier
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 8:12am
Discount Building Supply
Oxford, MS 662-236-5615
Ask for Red Astroturf
I bought a section 12'L x 6'W for around $30 and I also got the glue there too for about $3. Color and design is dead on. I installed it Saturday and let sit to Sunday afternoon. I try to get pics soon.
Hasbeen- I did not see any blue but I do believe they said something about brown and green.

8122, I'm sorry; I exaggerated about the height. It's a little short of 1/2"
Lake Horse
76 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic