Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Nautique 2001 Trailer Guides

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
83_2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83_2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Nautique 2001 Trailer Guides
    Posted: April-11-2007 at 9:42am
Not a very exciting topic, but something I need to fix. At the end of last season one of the trailer guides on my 83 Nautique decided to "get loose" and I assisted so I didn't have a piece of pipe dancing down the highway. Last night I cut back the hose so that I could weld it back onto the plate I removed from the trailer. However two questions -

I know that the guides lean out slightly, but do they lean back as well? I was trying to look at my guide that is still attached to the plate and it appears to be about 10 degrees off of perpendicular.

Also, has anyone cut all the rubber hosing off and put bumpers on, or new hosing? If hosing, where did you get it, and if bumpers, can you use the bumper with a piece of PVC pipe inside? I know these guides have that little bend right towards the top.

Cheers!

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 11:45am
I had to replace my foam guide posts. I had a hard time finding PVC to fit over the steel tubes. I was finally able to find PVC used for Vaccuflo (whole house vacuum system) that worked perfectly.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 12:50pm
1& 3/4" ID polyethylene tubing fits over the 1& 5/8" OD pipe real nice. mcmaster.com part # 5181k14

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 5:13pm
Peter,

You're the man!!!! I've been searching everywhere for this. Thanks for your help.

Ken
83_2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83_2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 6:08pm
Ah, so it isn't see through, for some reason from the website I thought it was. Where did you get the caps?

Will cut off the rest of the rubber tonight and weld that sucker back on. Might add a little reinforcement to the other one too.

Thanks for you help!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 6:56pm
The caps are from mcmaster as well. I don't have the catalog here at home so I can't give you a part #. You could do a search on the mcmaster web site for "vinyl caps" and see what comes up. The tubing is 2" OD.

I did the same technique on the bow stop.

83, The poly tubing is a translucent white so you will want to paint the pipe guide ons.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2007 at 9:20pm
I had two new guide posts made by a local welding shop. I had them weld the top shut, so water wouldnt get in and rust them out like the original ones. I used some rubber tubing, grey, that I got from a local truck supply store.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic