Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

spark plug gap

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bsucics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsucics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spark plug gap
    Posted: April-29-2007 at 4:10pm
Changing plugs for the first time. The plugs that I've pulled have a 30 gap. I do not have the original manual, but from the information that I've read here, I had set the gap to 34. Can anyone verify this? Thanks!
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2007 at 6:56pm
What engine do you have? Year? CID? Ford or Chevy? Need some additional info.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
bsucics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsucics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2007 at 7:03pm
89 sn 2001 w/F351 - pulled out motorcraft plugs and replaced with autolite 24's
bsucics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsucics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 9:45am
Found .035 in the engine manual posted in the reference section, so I guess that's the answer. Should I expect to see a difference in anything since previous plugs were gapped at .030? Thanks
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 11:16am
None that you will really be able to tell.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
83_2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83_2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 12:01pm
Just replaced mine, the plugs I pulled were at .045!   I called SkiDim just to double check the .035. I haven't dropped her in yet, but after starting her up with the fake a lake over the wknd she sure did sound like she idling quite a bit smoother. Just need to finish up my teak platform and we are good to go!
swifty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swifty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2007 at 12:15pm
Does this gapping go for a 1976 302? Thanks for your help
acpskitique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acpskitique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 4:09pm
Yes, .035 is correct. The Autolite 24's a got for mine were almost dead on out of the box.
'76 Ski Tique 302PCM
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 4:37pm
Hey guys,
There are downloadable PCM manuals in the reference section of the site. They are loaded with info on your engines and tranny. I've read mine from cover to cover and you'll amazed at the little things you can pickup.I rebuilt my 351 with info and specs entirely from these manuals, I think it's good reading and would probably answer a lot of questions in maintaining a properly running rig. Enjoy
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic