Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using Rislone

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Rislone
    Posted: May-05-2007 at 12:09am
I have a lifter ticking in my boat, and I got a jug of Rislone (450ml) Do I add the whole jug into my oil filler. I'm not sure how to use it.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2007 at 7:57am
   98N -       
Rislone is a solvent, warm the engine up add the rislone & run at IDLE for 10 minutes or so & drain the oil.Don't put the engine under load,it thins the oil and won't protect the bearings or cam. I like some stuff called
Sea Foam it can be used in the oil to clean the crank case and dry out moisture and in the gas tank as a fuel system cleaner.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2007 at 8:45am
Rislone is not that kind of solvent. The following is from their website........

How To Use Rislone Engine Treatment

The convenient quart size of Rislone Engine Treatment allows you to replace a quart of motor oil at oil change time. This reduces the cost of using Rislone Engine Treatment since you are not paying for that extra quart of oil. If you do not use Rislone Engine Treatment at oil change time, the product can be added at any time to top off the oil level. Another popular application is to add a quart a few hundred miles before an oil change to help remove the maximum amount of harmful deposits from your engine.

The bottom line is – it’s easy to use.

Replace a quart of oil with a quart of Rislone Engine Treatment at oil change time or add any time when down a quart. For more than 80 years, Rislone has specialized in formulating innovative petroleum products for the automotive industry. Rislone’s premium technology brings you clean-engine performance you can depend on.

Rislone website
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2007 at 9:40am
When you have a cut you put a band aid on it, if you remove the band aid the cut is still there,
Im not a fan of any oil treatments especially in transmissions, i can definitly tell when there is a additive used in a transmission on tear down, all the internal seals will swell to twice the size and seize the pistons in the cylinders, it will be really slimey and usually ends up costing more for the rebuild, im up in the air on engine treatments, if the engine smokes a little i would consider adding, but in the long term i know it has to come out for a rebuild so it is a temporary fix to a long term problem
"the things you own will start to own you"
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2007 at 6:04pm
I agree but a stuck lifter is different story. I have had one stick on a motor that was rebuilt and had 30k on it. Everything else was great. Get the lifter unstuck and hopefully you will get many more seasons out of it.

Brad
advsouthwind View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advsouthwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 11:34pm
Instead of Rislone just try a quart of dextron/mercon III fluid.It is a highly refined oil with alot of detergents in it.That is an old engine builders trick and cost lest.
gave up sea ray life for a 77 southwind 20 project just livin the dream
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 11:16pm
Where do I add it to the gas?
advsouthwind View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advsouthwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 9:55pm
Into the crankcase in place of a quart of oil.
gave up sea ray life for a 77 southwind 20 project just livin the dream
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic