Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Indicator light question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dee View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indicator light question
    Posted: July-25-2004 at 3:35am
Just bought a 1990 sport nautique with 351. My new love. The question is, how do I distinguish the positive from the ground connections on the gauges. My dealer told me to run an additional ground from the gauges to the motor as i get a volt light warning the more breakers i trip on. I know there is more that could be causing it, but he said this year model had some problem with the grounding.
Any help or suggestions I would like to hear.
Sorry post so long.
nms1991 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nms1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2004 at 1:23pm
Dee the positive wires are purple in color and the ground wires are black.
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2004 at 2:00pm
Dee,

Did you get to the bottom of your problem. Take a look at my "Low Voltage" topic in the engine repair forum. It sounds like your 90 may share the same crappy gauge wiring that my 89 has.

Mark
nms1991 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nms1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2004 at 3:54pm
yes they did use the same gauge wire in the dash the biggest problem is the crimp connections are 14 years old and have some corrosion on them. The best thing you can do is to run a new ground wire to the dash and check your connections under you dash.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic