NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

spark then no spark

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JayR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spark then no spark
    Posted: May-14-2007 at 6:45pm
my 64 skier has a 260 interceptor that i cant get started? Ill have spark at the points ( i know replace the points but i just got it and want to go for a ride) and then put the cap back on turn it over a few times and then theres no spark any ideas?
JayR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 6:46pm
ps i heard it run when i bought it so i know its capable
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 2:08pm
Do you have spark from the Coil to the plugs? What do you mean by no spark? When the points open the Coil "collapses" and sends the spark to the plugs.

64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2007 at 3:23am
Originally posted by JayR JayR wrote:

Ill have spark at the points and then put the cap back on turn it over a few times and then theres no spark any ideas?

How are you checking for spark? Just at the points? Any spark making it's way out of the coil tower? Please be a little more detailed about telling use what you've checked.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic