NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hollywood sighting in Houston

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hollywood sighting in Houston
    Posted: May-17-2007 at 11:31pm
Hollywood was working in Houston this week and was kind enough to make the drive down to ski with me (although he took the round-a-bout route which added at least another 30 miles to the trip during the morning rush!). On someone else's ski with a couple old guys (me and my buddy) he out skied the Dude.

This forum is great! Kevin, great having you down here. Everyone else, you're welcome too.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 10:45am
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

although he took the round-a-bout route which added at least another 30 miles to the trip during the morning rush

I really wouldn't consider it much of a rush, but those damn dots they use as lane dividers are extremely annoying when you're bobbing and weaving. Sure is nice being on the water in only 30 minutes from downtown. If you're ever (or anyone else) up in Chicago let us guys know, we've got the city pretty well surrounded.
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 12:29pm
Great pics......... No beer gut Holly ? Oh, to be young again.

Dude, you seem to have a golden setup there in Texas. I like the two fishing poles next to the cooler on the dock; a great way to reflect on another great day of skiing.

Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 12:47pm
Ya, notice I have my shirt on to cover up my gut.

There are some other things to be noticed in that picture too...
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 1:09pm
One thing I notice is that that is not your boat. I don't even think it is a CC. I also notice that snappy fuel efficient car in the background. BKH
Livin' the Dream

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 1:19pm
Let's see............ old ski's in the rafters, green floaty, Hollywoods tat's on his side, the Toyota Prius in the driveway, what Holly is hold in his left hand ........... the hot babes waiting for you in the house ?

OK, just tell me what I'm missing
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 2:52pm
Oh, the boat ......... good catch BKH.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 4:18pm
Dude,

You know it's the Hat!!

And how standing next to a guy like Hollywood always makes you so much better looking!!!

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 6:44pm
I wrote in my last post that I thought BK would catch it first. Then I erased it. Ha.

It's not my boat (or place). Not only that, it's not a CC.
It's my buddy's house where I ski at least once a week because it's 10 minutes away with the boat sitting in the slip--simple, fast, easy--like Hollywood!

Ya, the plbc tat is sweet. And the hat.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 6:50pm
Hollywood and the Dude you guys skied behind something other then a CC. Isn't that like breaking the eleventh commandment, though shall ski behind no other then a CC.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 7:24pm
As much as I love Correct Craft boats, I say you take a pull behind whatever you can get. They're all fun. BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 9:16pm
Oh, I thought that was the Dude on the left and Hollywood on the right, my mistake

Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 10:03pm
Dude: Must be something about HW's sense of direction. When he came to have dinner with me and mrs jbear he was a little late(!) as well. But it was well worth the wait to meet him.

Gotta be careful hangin' with these young guys; they make us older fellas look bad.

john

PS: David is that your friend's mc? Nice looking set-up. I gotta agree with BKH: take them rides whever you can get 'em
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 9:02am
Not only do they make us look bad, but fat too.
Shoot, I'd ski behind anything that would pull me. That boat waiting in the sling is 10 minutes from my house. Can't beat it. Except...it's a MC.
I told HW that since that 205 is the same year as my sport it is basically the model that was the straight on competition for the sport. There are a couple things I like on the mc--wake is softer at longer lengths than 22off. Turns sharper. However, the sport kicks butt in so many other areas--faster, stronger out of the hole; more solid tracking and same speed on pull; way less spray; way faster to 36mph; drivers access to skier is much easier (lower free board); and my 95 is in much better shape than the MC (although mine sits in garage and his outside on lift)--it's a bit hard to compare since I know mine has been maintained so much more thoroughly than his.
Well, I got carried away. But I'll say this. You can go to the boat show and a new MC or Malibu may look every bit as good and nice. But when you look back at the 95 models, the CC is far superior in performance and has held up far better. Every time I tear into my boat I find signs of quality that amaze me. I replaced the fuel line this winter and they had ties every 8 inches all the way to the fuel tank. I'm telling you, I love my CC.
Dude out.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 9:56am
Hollywood looks kinda like Tom Cruise when he was younger. He's gotta be some kinda chick magnet.

Always nice to put a face with a CCF name. Thanks for the pics guys.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 5:36pm
I'm a ski whore I'll take a tug from anything/one.

jbear: my sense of direction is OK, just more of a visual learner than audible and didn't have a map. And for the record, I didn't make a single wrong turn on my way to Harborside, damn blue hairs holding me up at 5mph.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2007 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I'll take a tug from anything/one.

HAHAHA that might be my new favorite quote from this site. well said, good sir!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2007 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I'm a ski whore

Hilarious !!
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic