NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

boating / sking in southern waters

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boating / sking in southern waters
    Posted: May-18-2007 at 1:27pm
This picture was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Wiess about 90 miles north of Birmingham , Alabama !

That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth! Are you ready to go skiing on Lake Wiess ?! If you ski at the west end of the lake, try not to fall.

This alligator was found between Centre and Leesburg , Alabama near a house! Game wardens were forced to shoot the alligator - guess he wouldn't cooperate...

Anita and Charlie Rogers could hear the bellowing in the night. Their neighbors had been telling them that they had seen a mammoth alligator in the waterway that runs behind their house, but they dismissed the stories as exaggerations. "I didn't believe it," Charles Rogers said, but they realized the stories were, if anything, understated.   

Alabama Parks and Wildlife game wardens had to shoot the beast. Joe Goff, 6'5" tall, a game warden, walks past the 23-foot, 1-inch alligator he shot and killed in their back yard.

Hey Doc, Isn't this in your neigborhood

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 1:40pm
I think that was last year, i remember seeing that before... I believe it was on PN. Nonetheless, glad I'm in Ohio!!haha Thats a full deer!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 2:01pm
or Florida, or Texas...
urban legends

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 2:16pm
edit
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 3:01pm
I would not have to wait on the game warden...
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 3:15pm
me either, how bad would they have felt if it got a hold of someones kid..

Might have made a nice pair of shoes or two.
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 3:53pm
Those photos are from GA. Savannah, I think. Here in Central Alabama, we don't have that many gators (or crocodiles), especially not that size. Plenty of snakes, though.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 6:28pm
I posted that a while back on this site, But it said it was in lake conroe Tx. Baby T-Rex
It must be fake afterall...
RootRacing
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2007 at 10:45pm
DAMN my buddie goes fishin down there.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 12:08am
Snopes says it is true.

I'm glad I'm up here where we don't have to share the water with them
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 4:56pm
Ya, the first (of many times) I've seen that picture with the deer in its mouth, it was supposed to have been in Lake Conroe, TX. The snopes story says the 13 footer was taken in Bay City which is 2-3 hours from Lake Conroe.   There are plenty of alligators down here, and I see them while I'm wade fishing at least once a year. However, I'm pretty sure the deer in the mouth pic is a fake.   

J_I_H is in prime gator water on Chocolate Bayou.    If he doesn't have any stories, no one will. Jim, you got a good gator story for us?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 5:11pm
They pulled a twenty foot snake out of a creek in Indiana last year - someone's pet that got away. Made my seven year old afraid to get in the lake we use up here for about a day.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
mrese View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 1:39am
Originally posted by Poster112 Poster112 wrote:

Those photos are from GA. Savannah, I think. Here in Central Alabama, we don't have that many gators (or crocodiles), especially not that size. Plenty of snakes, though.

I haven't seen many gators around Birmingham or Huntsville, but I have seen several on Lake Eufaula, Alabama.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic