NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Having trouble w/ CCFan Loading

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having trouble w/ CCFan Loading
    Posted: May-21-2007 at 1:59pm
Is anyone else having trouble getting here? I was having some trouble last night getting the site to load(taking forever) on my home computer, & today at work after about a dozen tries it finally loaded. I was starting to get the "shakes" not gettin my CCFan when i needed a fix this morning, i had to go to other sites, PN & pwctoday.com....

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 2:41pm
Come on Nate, step it up: Does Keith know?
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 4:00pm
OH WOW!! turns out I'm an idiot...I even posted midway through the first page. Can i delete this post to save any dignity?..hahahah

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2007 at 10:09pm
Testing should be finalized and the switch to the new host should happen sometime next week.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2007 at 5:37pm
Nate: Know just what ya mean; I've been at summer work camp for our middle school kids and have been off for close to a week. Tough! I've been gettin' the "shakes" in the evenings.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 1:13pm
Keith, Any good news about the new host? Lately the site has more bad times than good! It sure will be nice when it's done.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 10:38am
Everything is super fast right now.

Are we on the new host??

82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 11:51am
Hey Guys,
No, not on the new host yet. The issue is that the site has too many simultaneous users for the shared hosting service I am currently using. CCF will work great at non-peak times but be really slow during peak usage hours

On top of that, the site is mostly database driven. For example when viewing this page, each user is hitting one database to view the forums post, another database to properly display the banner ads at the top of the page, and another database to display the boats for sale in the left-hand column. The site gets over 12,000 unique visitors and servers up nearly 600,000 pages views per month. That’s a lot of activity.

Joel (M3Fan) is helping me out. With his help, I'll be transferring to the new host shortly and upgrading the current databases to MMS SQL. All of which should make the site run much faster. My new host is also burstable, meaning it also allows me to upgrade on the fly. Once on the new host, if the site outgrows my hosting plan, I can simply upgrade to a dedicated server where I own a dedicated amount of RAM and won't be as vulnerable to peak usage slow downs.

This is a major upgrade so it's taking some time. Bare with me. It should be better soon.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 12:16pm
Thank you Keith and Joel.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 12:41pm
Yes, Thanks Keith and Joel. It sure will be nice! I do most of my catching up on the site between 3:00AM and 4:00AM CST when I get in to work. There must be alot of people like myself who are early risers or alot of people still up at that time clogging up the server. It locks up then too. I, as well as many others are looking forward to the deluxe upgrade.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic