NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Re-run

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re-run
    Posted: May-24-2007 at 9:31am
just posting a message on how easy borg warner transmissions are to rebuild (john)
Im on my third re-run for the year, this one takes the cake, they ordered thier $200.00 worth of parts and REPLACED the parts(not from me) and guess what what.... no go. sent it to the local dealer they removed it and i dis-assembled it.
first thing missing was the reverse end plate, i dont know how you could leave a part this big out. second, was the forward end plate was in backwards. The metal floating around took out the pump.
lets add it up with figuring in the Memorial day weekend rush.
YES they are easy to rebuild JOHN and yes JOHN they are easy to screw up too....
"the things you own will start to own you"
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2007 at 11:57am
That's awesome. Happy Memorial Day!!!
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2007 at 10:57pm
eric; I hope you don't mean me......would just pull mine out and send it with a blank check to beautiful Brunswick, Ohio.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2007 at 4:21am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

eric; I hope you don't mean me......would just pull mine out and send it with a blank check to beautiful Brunswick, Ohio.

john

John, I'd think it would be easier to just send him the whole boat with a note, "It's broke."

Chuck

P.S. Your Indians undid our Royals last night; I was there with son #2--beautiful night at the ballpark
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2007 at 7:24am
not you John, I think he knows who he is, he made a statement that said they are easy to rebuild and that parts are cheap, and that makes everybody want to rebuild them.
now you have to remember thier are guys on this site that dont know if they have a ford or a chevy if they have 8 plugs or 4 plugs that try to rebuild the trannies and this is the result and on the other side of the coin there are many guys on the site capable of rebuilding them and they work fine for years
I will sit on the phone for 2 hours if thats what it takes to walk someone through rebuilding the trans, I dont mind.
I just get irratated when someone sends out negative signals that these are easy to rebuild and the weekend cowboys do them on thier garage floor and it ends up costing them 3 times the amount....thats with the dummie charge added in
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2007 at 8:20am
I consider Memorial day "transmission kick-off weekend" Tuesday morning the phone doesnt stop ringing.
Most failures are from low oil levels, so please you guys.... dont check your trans oil so my phone rings Tuesday
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic