NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

control cables

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: control cables
    Posted: June-04-2007 at 7:27pm
anyone know the correct length for the shift and throttle cables for a 79SN. how about apart number for the red jacketed tele-flex cables isn't that what I want or are the u-flex ones at Skidim ok?
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2007 at 8:39pm
they are 17ft, I need a set too, can you get me a price!!
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2007 at 10:24pm
A place across the street makes up Cablecraft premium SS cables while you wait, right in front of you, then stress tests them. Thats the way I'm going next time. O-ring sealed too.

There is only one rep per state, but maybe one is near you?
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 8:07am
Another option is White Lake. They have the 17' cables for $40 each before our discount is applied.

Control cables
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 1:01pm
After breaking a couple of junk U flex chinese ones I went back to the red jacket supreme.

Tim
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

After breaking a couple of junk U flex chinese ones I went back to the red jacket supreme.

Tim

do you have a part numbers for both cables and/or a source as well?
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 6:09pm
rex marine...has the red jackets for about $35 dollars, I will try to post the link later!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 6:21pm
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 10:03pm
Here are the red jackets, check them out.
Only $30.99
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 10:30pm
I saw those Mark they are actually a little cheaper on the site I list also they are the 1/4-20 threaded ends and not he 10-32 we need. The cables that I listed are the new Extreme cables from teleflex they are suppose to be better than the red jacket cables for 20 bucks more. These are sold single and I need to order two cables right?
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 1:31am
yeah..you should do them both at the same time!
So you say we need the 10/32 ??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 1:50am
I believe so I won't be able to check mine untill next week so If you could take a look at yours to confirm I would appriciate it.

Oh and I'm bring a secrete weapon to GL for the races, going to bring about a 100 bucks worth of C14 for the boat.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 2:57am
whats c14????? are you talking fast gas?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 6:18pm
yes
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 8:29pm
Yeah...I was planning on having something like that in my tank to, its good for about 20 more hp!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 8:33pm
79... can you post a pic of your manifolds and the elbows, you were talking about, and any other parts you think I may need for mine..thanks.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Yeah...I was planning on having something like that in my tank to, its good for about 20 more hp!

Better plan on bringing more than a $100 worth, Green Lake is so big we burned a tank of gas each day we were on the water last year. Your gonna need a tanker and a valid credit card.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 9:00pm
a tank a day, are you kidding me!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 9:07pm
well you can't run straight c14 to start with and at about $15/gal you don't want to.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 9:17pm

a tank a day, are you kidding me!!

Nope, I left the boat in all weekend though so with the 4 of us boarding, skiing and cruising we were would come back on fumes each day. Its also hard to stay out of the throttle with all the hardware in the water and onlookers but what fun would that be anyway.

We also paid for dock fuel cause it's a pain to move the motorhome twice a day to load/unload and run to the gas station. What the hell it's only money right.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 9:19pm

79... can you post a pic of your manifolds and the elbows, you were talking about, and any other parts you think I may need for mine..thanks.

your's are a little different than mine from what I remember send me a picture to verify please. I don't have a picture of mine assmbled yet.

Your's have one inlet on the front then a jumper hose for the snails at the rear. The main thing your going to need is to replace the snails/risers with elbow to get them under the motorbox. I would do a dry fit first to see if they clear the motor box. Also I believe your's all readyt has the fittings on the front for the hoses. Send me a picture and I'll give you a ring to talk about it because I have alot more stuff to hook up than you have too and one piece I got lucky and found over at Horner's in Tampa otherwise I wasn't going to be able to hook up the 1" coolant lines to feed them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic