Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1.23.1 trans-who made them?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
91nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.23.1 trans-who made them?
    Posted: June-22-2007 at 10:01am

Guys,

Anyone know which company actually produced the 1.23.1 transmisions found in the 88+ model CC'S?

They look like a borg-warner trans,but no part reference pages I can find match up,and on the housing and ID plates on both transmission's I have,it only say's PCM.

Any-one know? or did PCM actually produce them?

Thanks
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 11:37am
They are PCM transmissions. I'm not sure if PCM actually manufactures them but you won't find them under anyone elses name.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 4:06pm
Hurth manufactured them and then ZF marine aquired them not to long ago, ZF is a world wide company with roughly 4 billion in sales, they use ZF in Mercedes, Jaguar and even Ford trucks. PCM labels them for propriotory reasons, soon an aftermarket company will sart producing aftermarket parts wich will make them more reasonable to rebuild, currently a seal and gasket kit for the 1.23 and 1:1 is around $180.00, a clutch kit is around 200.00 and the hard parts are ridiculous. But.... well Ill leave it at that
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic