NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

registration numbers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: registration numbers
    Posted: June-23-2007 at 12:12pm
My 19 year old daughter called me from Wisconsin yesterday with a attitude! Besides the attitude that a lot of girls her age have these days, she had been pulled over by the water patrol while driving the Sea-doo. Evidently when I put on the registration numbers 5 years ago, I made a mistake and put in a "M" where there should have been a "N". It must have been before I got my new glasses! Well anyway she has told me that the citation is $175 and I'm finding this hard to believe that it's that much for having the letter mix up. We did have the registration card in the Sea-doo and the officer did call it in to confirm the information. I somehow feel I'm not getting the full story from my daughter. The citation is being mailed so I'll have to wait to see what it says. In the meantime, it is of coarse all MY fault!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2007 at 12:50am
Pete,

Seems kind of picky to get a big dollar ticket for having a letter off.

One of the lakes we frequent boats over 25' register through the US Coast Guard (I think it is actually figured on displacement). They then don't register through the state of Missouri.

I've never had a boat that big, but probably there is a big savings to do that.

And yes, children are always right.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2007 at 11:00am
its being mailed so you can pay it Pete
"the things you own will start to own you"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2007 at 12:48pm
Pete, I think the proper word here is;
CARBON FOOTPRINT.....
Pay the fine,and add to global warming.They will use a percentage of that fine money to buy a tree...........boat dr
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2007 at 1:45pm
Pete, I've been told that the Wisconsin water sheriffs are directed to have a zero tolerance mentality, regardless how loudly common sense screams. If there was anything more to the story, I'm sure she would have multiple tickets.

I fought a silly too close to pier fine 2 years ago. The Green Lake DA gave me a suspended sentence after I sent in my arguments. You should do the same, especially for $175 for a honest mistake.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2007 at 3:02pm
The dnr around our parts isnt tolerant of offences at all. I was jumping the wakes behind dads boat to close one day on my aunts jetski and the guy was going to give my a 200 doller or so ticket but my dad came over there and actually had talked to this guy before and got me out of a ticket. I didnt know the dude was chasing me for like 10 minutes because his boat was so slow haha.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 10:08am
Well it's been 3 weeks now and still no citation in the mail. When I was up north last week and talking to a few people I found out that the new police officer on or water patrol likes to pull over pretty young blond girls. Can you believe a officer of the law would do that?? The only good thing is that it doen't seem at this point that a citation was issued. My daughter also said that when he pulled her over that she did not get a copy of the citation which seemed odd.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 12:01pm
Pete,
Don't worry about the blonde thing up in GL.. There is a new recruit on board the DNR boat now and it's a "she"..

They pulled us over right off the main ramp at GL last weekend.. Routine check and to hand out ice cream coupons to my girls for wearing their life vests...

There's only one boat out there, and a lot of water to cover. Most likely you won't see them, but it you are screwing around etc, they'll find you...

Flotation, fire equipment, registration...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Flotation, fire equipment, registration...

Moj'

Never without it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2007 at 1:35am
Pete you can go here and find out if there was ANY ticket issued to her (as well as any othther secrets)....

CCAP
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2007 at 12:48pm
Pete..... you may not want too,
Do you guys in other states have documented boat? I dont know the exact reason but it allows you not to have registration numbers on the boat but you do have to run a permanent placard in the engine room with the numbers on them
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 7:53am
Well, I did finally found out last week that my daughter for being to close to another boat and I for the goofed up registration letter were not issued a citation. I guess the pulling over of young blond girls theory was the problem!!

Eric, Wis. only requires the registration numbers on the hull sides and then the registration card to be carried on the boat. They also hve just started to require and issue titles for all boats and not just a registration.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 11:10am
Eric......In GA you've got the standard Registration #'s on the side, Registration card that the DNR provides with the 3 year decal must be aboard the boat and ANY driver must have a drivers license on their person.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic