Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battery Placement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery Placement
    Posted: June-28-2007 at 2:12am
I forgot to photograph the position of the battery in the '74 Mustang I'm doing some stringer work on. I am getting ready to pour the foam and was going to bury a battery box in the foam in the center of the boat under the dash. Now, I think I remember the battery was in the bilge in front of the ski pole. It obviously makes a difference as if I put it up front I will have to shoot a piece of PVC off the PVC the wiring is ran through to run the battery cables under the foam. Can someone please help with my brain fart?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2007 at 4:45am
well the box really isn't in the bilge there is a wall that separates it from that area and the drain for the battery box dumps into the bilge. You don't need to run the wires through the PVC that the other wires are ran through there is a smaller piece of pvc that paralell's the other main tube that goes from the bat box to the bilge area.

For location it is basicly the centerline of the boat with the forward edge of the box basicly even with the footrest starts to slope up and makes that 4-5" transition into the bow from the main floor. maybe bak an inch or two with the long side of the box running bow to stern.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2007 at 7:47am
Watch the height. It gets real shallow up there. My 77 has just barely enough room for the cover to lay flush.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2007 at 11:53am
copcraft, the set up youre proposing sounds very similar to how the newer boats are set up. Here is a pic of whats going on under my floor. '79 is right- a seperate PVC tube is run from the battery box through the bulkhead for the battery cables.

copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2007 at 1:19pm
Thanks guys, you saved me again! I'll hopefully get that set up today and foamed tonight,

David
rudderdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudderdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2007 at 2:17pm
Actually, the hull was the bottom of the battery box on my 72 ski tique. I remember drilling a drain hole in what i thought was the battery box to let it drain into the bilge, and then heard water hitting the shop floor.
rudderdad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic