Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need new graphics and plates

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mwig3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwig3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need new graphics and plates
    Posted: June-28-2007 at 10:17pm
have 1979 ski nautique and the graphics on both sides are faded. should i repaint or use vinyl? what is best course to pursue in finding someone to do this?

also, the "correct craft" plates on both sides (rear) are broken. where can i find replacements?
mwig
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2007 at 8:10am
mwig, Use the search feature above. There is a lot on the hull side graphics. The plastic CC tags are available from White Lake marine. I'll see if I can find you a link. Found it:

tags from White lake

These are black plastic so you will want to spray paint them white with one of the new spray paints for plastic. Then hard block wet sand the white paint off the top of the letters and you will end up with the original black letters with the white sides.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
au79nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote au79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2007 at 1:38pm
I bought a 79 back in April and had the same issue. Inside was great but graphics were a little faded from the sun. I did research on both paint and vinyl and after talking to several people I found a sign shop here in Nashvile that did a rubbing of the letters and hand cut them. I am very pleased with the look.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2007 at 3:00pm
mwig, This is my 77 and the graphics were done in vinyl by the previous owner. I'm known here on this site as a purest so one of these days I will repaint them. Painting is the harder way to do it but it will last longer. Ether way a vinyl shop who does trucks can take a tracing of your exsisting, scan it into their computer and then make you the vinyl or they can make you the reverse in the form of a stencil.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2007 at 3:13am
Check out the thread under Boat Parts Wanted forum "1989 Barefoof Nautique Hull Decals".
Contact Ryan at VinylGraphics at www.vinylgraphics.net.
Their art department can create what you're looking for.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2007 at 12:57am
I would repaint the design. I repainted mine in 1992, I used 3M's The Edge tape to mask off lines and frisket for detail. The vinyl only has a 7 year warranty.
Here's a pic with the stripes masked with the tape, the pony and mustang were masked with frisket.

Here's the boat last summer.
Tim D
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2007 at 2:25am
A good sign shop can do wonders for graphics. While searching for lettering to put on my old boat I was pointed to a sign shop. Should be able to create a very close match to origional for you, doesn't take too long, cost is not bad either.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic