Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help, Please!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
WakeFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, Please!!!!!
    Posted: June-29-2007 at 7:55pm
Hello, I am a new correct craft owner as of this past spring. I have a 1993 ski Nautique with a PCM 351 V8. I have a few questions. I cannot find a reference to decode my Model # found on the engine tag. It is as follows...(PRD-PR-R10). Does anybody know what this means. Also, can anybody recommend what spark plugs to use on this motor? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2007 at 8:30pm
When I got my boat earlier this year I emailed PCM the codes on the tag and they emailed me back the next day what exactly I had.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2007 at 8:37pm
I believe you have one of the rarer 1:1 boats with a reverse rotation motor built after '89. The 2nd letter indicates engine rotation. I forget which letter indicates the motor and version (standard vs. HO). However, I believe only the base 240hp motor was available with the 1:1 transmission- so unless the heads were swapped out, the correct plugs would be Autolite 24's.

If you can, get some pics of the motor, especially of the casting on the heads like this:

WakeFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2007 at 12:46am
Wow! Thanks for your quick replies! I did actually try sending the info to PCM numerous times with no reply back. I will give it one more shot. As for the heads, what do the bars indicate? Also, I pulled burned-out Autolite 25's from the motor. Not sure if the threads from these plugs help to indicate which heads I have? Anyway, is the reverse 1:1 motor good or bad? As you can tell, I am just starting kindergarden when it comes to my boat education. Thanks again!
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2007 at 4:00am
This address is the gentleman that replied with the PCM information. mbazen@pleasurecraft.com
I believe the bars on the heads indicate they are the GT40 heads. If you have those and they are original then it should mean your motor is rated around 285 hp. There should be a tag on your transmission somewhere that would indicate what model and gear it has. Either 1:1 or 1:23.
WakeFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2007 at 12:24pm
It is a PCM Transmission with a 1:1 ratio. Luckily the tag tells me that! Just not sure what motor I have other than its a 351.
WakeFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2007 at 12:27pm
It is a PCM Transmission with a 1:1 ratio. Luckily the tag tells me that! Just not sure what motor I have other than its a 351. Thanks for your info. I'll try that address.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2007 at 6:36pm
If you Email the boat serial number to correctcraft they should be able to tell you how the boat was equipted from the factory.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2007 at 11:24am
This help at all?

WakeFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2007 at 1:23pm
Yea, I appreciate all the advice! I have tried PCM numerous times, with no replies to any of my E-mails. I have also E-mailed correct craft twice with no replies. I finally got a number from the correct craft site and I am going to try calling today. Anyways, I did my tune-up last weekend. Just figured I would wing it with the plugs and used Autolite 24's. The boat runs great! I also did a carb rebuild because of fuel leaks. All is OK. Pulled out the steering cable and ordered the 19.5 foot cable online from a site mentioned in another forum here. Hope it comes in this week so I can go out this weekend! I will let you know how the phone conversation works out! Thanks again guys, for all you advice!
WakeFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2007 at 4:46pm
Spoke with Correct Craft on the phone and got the info I needed. Thanks for your help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic