NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Update w/ Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 12:59pm
As of 9:00am today, the Bayview only has a room with a single queen bed with kitchenette and the appartment left. I was only able to get a off the lake front but don't plan on spending much time in it anyway!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

[QUOTE=Mojo]
Pete,
It has an open, backsided bulkhead where down on the floor straight below is where the battery sits.. Is there a chance in hell he could mount a ski eye to the top of the bulkhead without having the thing ripped to shreads or look stupid??
Jason really appreciates and info that can be found on retrofiitng the old 57'
Thanks Much,

Dave,
I'm not too keen on the bulkhead idea because it wasn't designed for it and it would see most of the load. There is a seat pad on top of the dog house that could be removed for skiing. The ring and finger could then be put through a hole in the dog house into a framework fastened to the engine and stringers. With the seat pad back on, the boat would be back to original! The frame would take some engineering and the work of a welder but that's the route I wold look at. By the way, I don't think the windshield is original because in 57 the Sportsman flat decks started using the Taylor made curved plexi. Someone a long the line may have done some "retro" work on it. I need to ask Steve!!

Dave (and Jason), I just got a email from Steve and the Chris is a 56 so the flat glass windshield is the original correct one. Just thought I'd let you know!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 4:35pm
Keith, I talked to Barb at Hattie Sherwood today,trying to reserve early,not.
She had a suggestion tho,rent the whole place.That will give us all the parking and area that we need for anything that go's.This will also include the parking area at the base of the hill,she called that the overflow area.......
She will talk to the Mayor and see what his veiws are and what type of dicount that would be afforded to us as a group.
We would set our own rules and regulations,cook outs ,Meet and greets and what ever turns our cranks.....................

what is your ideas on this?????
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 5:21pm
Why does Mary have to discuss anything with the mayor?? Is the campground owned by the town??

If we can procure the place for a discount that would be great, that is if enough people come back for GL-08'....

Just my 2 cents..

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 5:27pm
Her name is Barb Orfeild, and yes it is owned by the city of Green Lake.The land as it was ,belonged to Hattie Sherwood.She willed it to the city, for a long time it was a park, but parks do not produce any income.
Hense it became a camp ground w/38 sites............boat dr
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Her name is Barb Orfeild, and yes it is owned by the city of Green Lake.The land as it was ,belonged to Hattie Sherwood.She willed it to the city, for a long time it was a park, but parks do not produce any income.
Hense it became a camp ground w/38 sites............boat dr

Crap, sorry Doc, I was thinking of the owner of the Goose Blind when I typed the name... Right on about the ownership... Personally, I would be holding my breathe on any discounts, but it's worth a try...

Other than that, usually she rebooks everything after the first of the year.. It's not usually a problem if you call early..

Also, there are some really nice one and two bedroom homes for rent in town or on the water.. Many of them rent by the week, but they are all negotiable.. Maybe some people would like to take advantage of these great finds... or pool up and share... Like the
Tuk-me-inn across from the park.. That thing was empty our weekend and all week... Great place for a meet n greet also..

Just a thought..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 5:53pm
MoJo, she only showed 16 spaces rented for that weekend, and her veiws were that we could get it all for about the same money.
She will crunch the numbers and submitt them for approval.It would please her , and will do what she can to make us happy,very little money is coming into the coffers during that time............boat dr
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 6:00pm
Sound great... Let's see what she can come up with.... The Fri gathering down at the base of the ramp would offer a great alternative spot, if they are willing to let us...

Thanks for your work on this Doc !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 8:06pm
Boat doc what was the price for a site per night this year? If we end up renting the whole place then we could just make the empty sites parking spots for all the boats and trucks. Easy way for everyoen to get to meet, and see all the boats at once. I would think between the guys staying at the campground and the rest of us that would be going we could put the money tohether to rent it out.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2007 at 1:52am
20-25/night and yes you can get a deal.....for the slow S.O.B. first hand experince yes.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2007 at 2:28am
79Nautique and Ski Lime

Quinner and Stang72

Ski Lime, Quinner, 81Nautique

Reidp
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 12:33pm
Marshall Morgan FINALLY sent me his GL photo collection and ask that I post this link to share them with everyone. He's got a bunch of great shots, including shots of shots being downed, and our caravan with sites along the way up and back.    
http://picasaweb.google.com/marshalltmorgan/CCReunionPics

EDIT: There are several photos taken with the dogs and kids by the water at Quinner's neighborhood beach area outside Chicago. Neat place.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 9:22pm
Wow that slide show option was great. Alot of nice pics.. Next year still can not get here fast enough.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 10:23pm
Boat Dr, Did you ever post the five hundred or so pics you and the B'Nurse snapped?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 11:06pm
Have them in two different slide shows,one is boats the other the town,will post later when the buzz has died somewhat........boat dr
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2007 at 11:20am
Great slideshow Reid/ Marshall. I'm sure the drive was tough but that caravan looked awesome, what a site.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2007 at 11:24am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

MoJo, she only showed 16 spaces rented for that weekend, and her veiws were that we could get it all for about the same money.
She will crunch the numbers and submitt them for approval.It would please her , and will do what she can to make us happy,very little money is coming into the coffers during that time............boat dr

Boat Dr/Mojo, I had a similar Conv with Barb before we left GL. This is a real option for next year friday night. Lets talk before the campground closes for the season.

Mojo,I'm going to keep tabs on Reids return trip to GL and maybe take a drive up for the weekend. We could probably get a lot done over a few beers if you're around.

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 12:03pm
No problem Alan... Right now we'll be up once more before Labor day, and Labor Day weekend of course....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
  Share Topic