NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braggin’ rights

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Tim, that was a little salt in the cut ....

Thats true, I just had to rub it in. Although I put a lot of space between us out of the hole, he finally did catch me by the time we were out of the bay. Not bad for a 20' boat full of people though, so Im happy.

In a few years maybe Ill run with you guys on the top end- Ill need to bring a smaller boat to the party.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

[QUOTE=79nautique] i'm selling mine this week-end and starting over

Having beaten you as bad as I did, thats understandable

So Tim, does that statement mean you'll be getting a new boat and/or engine as well? I was really looking forward to a year off from the engine upgrade projects. Oh, I forgot, my boat was already that fast, so I'll make some time.

And Stang you are correct! Brian's 72 Fuelie was strong and I'm confident that the 52 MPH it was reading with 3 guys in the boat was most accurate.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

So Tim, does that statement mean you'll be getting a new boat and/or engine as well? I was really looking forward to a year off from the engine upgrade projects. Oh, I forgot, my boat was already that fast, so I'll make some time.

And Stang you are correct! Brian's 72 Fuelie was strong and I'm confident that the 52 MPH it was reading with 3 guys in the boat was most accurate.    

I think a 16' CC would be a nice addition to the fleet. The plan is to fix up the Tique and go from there- not sure if Ill keep it or trade it for a Mustang or Skier. It may be a few years before I have one worthy of lining up with your blue rocketship though!

Brian's '72 did run very strong. That was a fun ride- it just kept on pulling. That 318 was pretty impressive.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 3:03pm
Yep Tim already has that Tique in his back pocket, I still think that is potentially a very fast hull and Tim isnt afraid of research, time, and money...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 9:06pm
considering the motor hasn't been touched in two years, winterized twice, the plugs have been fogged heavily 5 times (winter and spring) the last two years and the timing was off and it would ping a little on the top end, didn't have the 13x14 prop and had the 470 bolted on, I did all right, might have beat me out of the hole but didn't see anyone other than Reid pull away on the top end.

Oh well
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 11:05pm
Thats bull sh*t, not only did i blow you away on the hole shot you was not in the hunt on top end . I was the only other boat to run with the blue flash, fog or no fog, tune up or what ever.....
I was topping out at 44, reid at 46,you was not even in the hunt buddy.
Look at the last picture above ....
Boat Dr
Reid P
MaddMarx
You ain't even in the picture..........................boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Thats bull sh*t, not only did i blow you away on the hole shot you was not in the hunt on top end . I was the only other boat to run with the blue flash, fog or no fog, tune up or what ever.....
I was topping out at 44, reid at 46,you was not even in the hunt buddy.
Look at the last picture above ....
Boat Dr
Reid P
MaddMarx
You ain't even in the picture..........................boat dr

maybe because my boat was on the trailer heading down the road behind my truck when the picture was taken their slick.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:13am
79...it says go slow, but not when you are racing!! Tim, I wish we could have line them up, I think that would have been a close one, I should not have messed with my prop!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:23am
MM you where about even with me after the prop change so yes sell that 540 and use the OJ
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:30am
Yeah that thing sucked, I sold it to Hollywood that day!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:33am
at least you broke even or made a buck maybe. You bought it right to start with at 50% of what I paid for my ACME at dealer cost.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

79...it says go slow, but not when you are racing!! Tim, I wish we could have line them up, I think that would have been a close one, I should not have messed with my prop!

Nice pic! Since you ran even with Chris on the top end, Im sure youre faster than me, as he had me by 1-2 MPH. I probably would have taken you out of the hole- I even held off Reid up to about 25-30. Of course once he planed he took off like I was standing still.

I was pretty happy with the way my bigger boat ran- I think the only guys faster than me out of the hole would be Joe and the Dr with their strokers. Maybe Ill pick up some top end once I figure out what prop works best. I just cant run with the lighter boats that run nose high- I probably never will, at least in the '90.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 10:20pm
tim that's why I stayed out of the race between reid and boat doc, half the boat close to the same HP. The math just didn't work in my favor.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 6:51pm
Oh, hell, I thought this thread was about beer chugg'n sorry....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

M Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 5:49am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Billy, I know that you and some others may find it hard to believe, but I guess I'm just a little bigger speedfreak (aka redneck) than you. Your engine in my boat would have taken it all. I've had 10 years to chase that thing for every little bit of speed possible, from grinding the hook out of the hull, to testing 100 diff props, and finally to placing a well-fed MaddMarxx in the back seat to really make her bounce. Your hole shot waxed me better than Hollywood's bikini line, so we'll call it even as I thought I'd own the take off and falter on the top end. Tim got me there too as it turned out. So after our last conversation that afternoon regarding your potential, if my baby blue comes back next year she'll watch the drag action from the sandbar. Joe, JrVic, and Tim, and whoever else,......the stage is yours.   
M Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 6:03am
hey know this the little yellow rat rod was looked away I think billy was scared of a boat that looks like a rubber duck... and hey its fast out of the hole and top end well it'l make you gasp for air. can't wait to see you or anyone on a lake river or puddle        m miller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic