NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question for the boat dr

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for the boat dr
    Posted: July-30-2007 at 5:54pm
When we were at GL,you told me how to install the fittings on my braded fuel hose. I didn't think to ask how to cut it. Help! Thanks Gary
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 6:03pm
with his teeth, I suspect!
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 4:43pm
gary, give me a call and will walk you thru it,is not hard nor for the faint of heart,1-318-386-2825............billy
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 4:49pm
tape and a hack saw or cut off wheel work.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 5:03pm
If you have tried that with the Russel,it makes for a shi ty job.The trick that works for me is the cut off wheel, but use the Fiberglass packing tape.Even after the glue melts the f/glass stops the unraveling of the weave......boat dr

every one will skin a cat differently......
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 10:08pm
Thanks guys.Billy I'll give it a test run with the tape and my dremel,the hose is plenty long.By the way my hose has the fiberglass tape on it when purchased from Summit,so they do it the same way-
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 10:24pm
I called Sumitt and they turned me on to that trick, was not mine. I don't have a problem asking when I don't know.
But over the years I have learned a few COOL TRICKS..........boat dr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic