Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

transmission leak

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nzskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: transmission leak
    Posted: August-13-2007 at 6:23am
Hello to all in CorrectCraft world from New Zealand. I have a 2000 Ski Nautique that has developed a transmission fluid leak that I need advice on repairing. It appears to be coming from the gasket that seals the rear of the trans, and my question is can I replace the gasket with the tranny in place or is this a task that needs the trans removed to repair? The first challenge i can see is trying to undo the flange that the driveshaft bolts to. With the drive shaft uncoupled and slid back there's not a huge amount of room to work within. Any ideas / experience is welcomed.The amount of fluid in the picture is from 3 weeks sitting in the shed without use. Cheers Royce (I have ordered a tranmission manual from the U.S.A but I am getting impatient waiting for it to arrive) our summer is looming!!)
nzskier
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 10:17am
it will be real hard to do in the boat because of the flange nut, most of the time its torqued to 225 ft lbs and you need a impact and there is no room to get the impact in, your beeter off pulling and replacing the front seal while your at because sure as sh*t you'll replace the rear and the front will start leaking
"the things you own will start to own you"
nzskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 6:18pm
Thanks Eric, I'll hook into this weekend, look out for more posts if I strike trouble. Cheers Royce
nzskier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic