Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1.23 transmissions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.23 transmissions
    Posted: September-02-2007 at 6:27pm
I bought a new toy that I am so excited about. The seller called it a nautique but it looks like a tique to me. It is in better shape then any CC I have bought yet. Not painted with a mop and the interior is pretty good.Stringers are good, I will take pictures soon. Engine was rebuilt but blown up. I took it apart yesterday and the cylinder was cracked all the way up. It was a Mercruiser engine reverse rotation. I was going to reverse an engine and stick this crank and parts into another block but I found what I wanted really bad. A 1.23 transmission for 250 to my door! No more messing with reverse engines on this puppy for me! So now I am looking for a block that is big (350 or better). My question is can I assume this transmission used a regular rotation engine before i got it or do I need to check the pump or anything before I put it in the boat. Eric did I do good you think? I am getting a collections of 1 to 1 velvet drives.

This is the transmission
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2007 at 12:52am
I was going to buy it this morning but was not sure if it would fit. I went back late today to buy and it was gone. Let me know if you cannot use.
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2007 at 1:35am
Need a 1 to 1? I hope I get as lucky with the engine.

I bet you will hear somone else say about the same thing when I post the pictures of the boat. The fella posted the ad at 12 am and it was mine by 7. I like to jump quick which often gets me in trouble but I have a good time!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2007 at 11:27pm
its a good buy assuming that is what happened to it, you can swap the pump on these for either direction. i buy alot of trannies off e-bay and i crack everyone of them apart for the sole purpose of that they can be 2 hours away from taking a dump....and usually they are....they are sitting in the corner of someones garage for a reason. I would at least tear down and inspect and put in some seals, input in forward spins opposite rotation on these transmissions. i prefer the borgs if i had a choice but with that trans you get the opposite rotation and the down angle
"the things you own will start to own you"
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2007 at 2:57am
I will look it over when it gets here. Thanks for the information. I am anxious to see the rotation in action. I have props for both directions but I dont want to have to put the balance weight in the passengers side. I need to call you this week on the 1 to 1 rebuild.

I am working out a deal on a 350 that has never been run that was won in a car show lottery. I figure I will have it machined for the marine application and put a cam in it and be ready to go if my luck continues. Now to find a cam to put in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic