Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deafcon III Tower Speakers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
James T Brockma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deafcon III Tower Speakers
    Posted: November-02-2007 at 10:01am
I am wanting to buy a pair of Polk Deafcon III tower speakers to replace the pair of Deafcon I's I currently have. Does anyone have a pair to sell or know to they can be purchased. Thanks
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 12:14am
   Let me think about it.I May upgrade to the '08 6x9's.Are you looking for just the speakers/cans or the amp also?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
tmb80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmb80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 10:09pm
I have a pair of deafcon III speakers for sale. they are off an '05 211. I am buying a new boat so I'm going to order the new alpha's. they are in excellent condition & sound great. I'm asking $1000.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 10:13pm
curious..whats so special about these nvs and deafcons..how much louder than some polks/etc in a can?..i know most of it its in the amp
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 9:06pm
    Ryan,

The defcon IIIs are Polks in a can.They sound good,but there are better ones.Some guys just like the factory look of the defconIII billet alum. cans.I like mine,but they add serious weight to the tower and make it a real PITA to put down by yourself.I like the look/sound of the '08 6x9s as well.The amp is just a 2 ch Clarion,but works well.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 11:15am
Originally posted by tmb80 tmb80 wrote:

I have a pair of deafcon III speakers for sale. they are off an '05 211. I am buying a new boat so I'm going to order the new alpha's. they are in excellent condition & sound great. I'm asking $1000.

tmb80,
If your Deafcon III's are still available I am interested. Thanks, Jim
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2007 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Let me think about it.I May upgrade to the '08 6x9's.Are you looking for just the speakers/cans or the amp also?

Mike

Mike,
If your speakers and amp are available I am interested.
I have tried to email you several times but my messages keep getting returned with a error message. Thanks, Jim
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 9:58am
   James,
Don't know why you'd be having trouble.My email seams to be working ok.I was going to email you,but your address is not on your profile.I am waiting to hear back from the dealer on the price of the upgrade,then I'll make a decicion...don't worry they aren't going anywhere.I'm not actually advertising them as for sale.

You can try me again if you like.

mikesucci@comcast.net     or
   rpmscycle@comcast.net

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
spanky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:27am
Hey James,if you can live with the them you will not find a better or louder towerspeaker than the wetsounds, pro 80 are like $900 bucks new,and they are about half the weight of the deafcons. You can barefoot at 45 and it will sound like your in the boat!
If not, a grand for a set and amp in good shape is a good deal.
don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic