Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot suit

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
laydowndatwater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydowndatwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot suit
    Posted: February-21-2008 at 10:25pm
just wanting to know what the best padded barefoot suit is out there plan to start soon and also ive heard ur livejackett can fly off while barefooting, and since i dont plan on drowning how do u keep it on or is there specific life jacketts
Patrick
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 10:33am
Lay

You don't wear a life jacket if you have a good barefoot suit, the floatation is built in. If you don't have a barefoot suit, most high end ski vests will stay on.
The only way a cheap life jacket is going to come off is during a hard crash. And that never happens.
One other suggestion, buy some barefoot shorts, especially if you don't have a barefoot suit. Us older guys learned to foot without all the fancy BF suits, but the rackage on the package is no fun

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 1:22pm
What Tull said!!!!!!!!
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydowndatwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 9:19pm
any suggestions on the best suit with the flotation in it?
Patrick
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2008 at 1:21am
Lay

I have not seen a BF suit without flotation. There is a thread running right now discussing suits;

BF suit thread

My sons Vortex suits were comfortable, but wore out pretty fast. I have an Intensity suit. Pretty stiff but protective. I got used to wearing barefoot shorts under my BF suit, and now I don't like to foot without them.
Barefoot International makes a nice suit

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2008 at 12:49am
I have always used a BFI's Iron Mike Sepal suits with out any problems. They seem to last albeit I'm only a weekend footer. I got mine online for a few hundred bucks.

A good suit will make all the difference. Go as thick as possible with plenty of padding. When I first learn to foot all I had were my shorts, vest, beer, and a boat full of girls I needed to impress. Ouch! the upside is I learn really fast.

Never can be to safe!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydowndatwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2008 at 11:23pm
who makes the biggest paddest suit on the planet
Patrick
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2008 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by laydowndatwater laydowndatwater wrote:

who makes the biggest paddest suit on the planet

These look like they would be pretty comfy.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic