NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drawing people to the NE Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drawing people to the NE Reunion
    Posted: March-13-2008 at 4:43pm
Just curious. What would it take to get you folks that live beyond New England to come to the NE Reunion? Free beer? Special guests?   Hyping up the great time we had last year?
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 6:04pm
75 degrees in October, after our show ski season is over.    The weekends will be wide open for travel.

Free beer doesn't hurt.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 6:35pm
Well you had me as soon as you moved the date a little later in August, had a canoe race conflict last year but this year I am solid.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Just curious. What would it take to get you folks that live beyond New England to come to the NE Reunion? Free beer? Special guests?   Hyping up the great time we had last year?

Riley,
For what it's worth, I think you guys have done a great job out there putting a reunion together period. They are not easy to do...

The GL reunion was originally intended to draw people from the Midwest, since there was so many of us that lived fairly close (within a few short hours).

The success of GL, beyond actually a massive body of water for such small boats, is that everything is primarily available right there. There are plenty of hotels, a great camp ground, bars and eating establishments, supplies,parks, marina, ramps etc etc... Lets not forget the sand bar.. When the weather is nice it's truely unbeatable... It's really the ammenities that make it a comfortable, fun place to get together.....

Don't forget GL can draw from all 4 corners since it's centrally located.. A regional/coastal reunion will always be limited by size due to being land locked.

The only real way to attract more people is to nudge it out West somewhat. But then it would need to be called the "North East" Reunion, not the "New England" reunion. It can draw a lot more people from the West if it were in the Pocono's for instance. That would make it just as far to travel from the Ohio valley and beyond as it is to GL...

Anyway, just my 2 cents, thinking out loud..

Hell, we have 7 hotels within a 15 minute walk from one another in GL, and the way it looks and sounds, next year we'll have people commuting in from surrounding towns !!!!

Come on Summer !!!!
Moj'

(Brian is cheating and trailering from the Bay area just to get the door prize for the farthest traveler to GL).... What an adventure !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 8:06pm
The GL reunion sounds like a blast and I hope to make it one of these years. Keith has done a great job on the NE Reunion. It's all his doing, not mine. I'd love to see it grow into one like you guys have.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 8:18pm

Just curious. What would it take to get you folks that live beyond New England to come to the NE Reunion?

Move it to another region

Really, had I not decided to take my boat to GL this year, I was planning to go to the NE Reunion. Looks like a lot of fun.

As to why someone wouldn't go the NE reunion, my thought is 1) it's really out of the way unless you are from New England, and 2) if someone is going to travel significant distance, he or she is probably going to the gathering with the largest attendance. BKH
Livin' the Dream

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 10:08pm

That's a good starting point Bruce, and then throw in airfare, accommodations, and WE"RE THERE!! Do you prefer I fly into Boston ($264) or Portland ($328). In actuality, I just spoke to my wife and it looks like we'll be at the NE reunion. Only catch is that we have to stay at least several nights over in Boothbay Harbor, where we spent one of our honeymoon nights 16 yrs ago, as we visited every cool port in Maine. We hadn't been to Maine since and we loved it and we both really wanted a good excuse to go back. So thanks, WE'RE IN!!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

I like it right in my backyard,thanks

If I don't make GL this year,(which I haven't ruled out,but it's not looking good) I will be there for sure in 09.Gotta meet all the west/midwest guys in person.
I realize it's almost impossible for everyone to do both,Especially you guys in Cal.,but we'd love to see you.

IMHO,the smaller turnout at NE is mainly due to the fact that there aren't as many guys in this general area and alot of the guys who signed up in the past haven't made it for one reason or another.I've been to both NE reunions and the second one was definately better,so it's heading in the right direction.I can think of a few members of this site that are less than 3-4 hours from the location and for whatever reason, just didn't sign up or couldn't make it.Hopefully it will work out better for those people this year.Like Keith had mentioned also,it's a small lake,(but very nice)and if it gets much bigger,it may need to be moved.BTW Riley,was that an offer by you to bring the beer this year?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

That's a good starting point Bruce, and then throw in airfare, accommodations, and WE"RE THERE!! Do you prefer I fly into Boston ($264) or Portland ($328). In actuality, I just spoke to my wife and it looks like we'll be at the NE reunion. Only catch is that we have to stay at least several nights over in Boothbay Harbor, where we spent one of our honeymoon nights 16 yrs ago, as we visited every cool port in Maine. We hadn't been to Maine since and we loved it and we both really wanted a good excuse to go back. So thanks, WE'RE IN!!

Reid, FANTASTIC! Now we're talking. You will no doubt help with the draw. If you'd like, put a tour of Sebago Lake on your itinerery. I'll give you the grand tour.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

I like it right in my backyard,thanks

If I don't make GL this year,(which I haven't ruled out,but it's not looking good) I will be there for sure in 09.Gotta meet all the west/midwest guys in person.
I realize it's almost impossible for everyone to do both,Especially you guys in Cal.,but we'd love to see you.

IMHO,the smaller turnout at NE is mainly due to the fact that there aren't as many guys in this general area and alot of the guys who signed up in the past haven't made it for one reason or another.I've been to both NE reunions and the second one was definately better,so it's heading in the right direction.I can think of a few members of this site that are less than 3-4 hours from the location and for whatever reason, just didn't sign up or couldn't make it.Hopefully it will work out better for those people this year.Like Keith had mentioned also,it's a small lake,(but very nice)and if it gets much bigger,it may need to be moved.BTW Riley,was that an offer by you to bring the beer this year?

Mike
BTW Riley,was that an offer by you to bring the beer this year

Mike, if that is what it takes, I'd bring a keg of either Bud or Gearys.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 12:21am
   Whaaaat? ReidP "the legend" coming to NE? Bud's not going to cut it Bruce,better get the Geary's.Come to think of it,the beer Brad brewed last year was tasty as well.If you can make it Reid,it would be a pleasure to meet you & your wife.Boothbay Harbor is a great area,usually spend a weekend up there in July.The Sebago area is very nice also,if you have an extra day or two.Both within a very reasonable drive from the reunion site.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 2:19am

Reid, FANTASTIC! Now we're talking. You will no doubt help with the draw.

Wow...The famous ReidP as the headliner?? All you guys better get your reservations in now. Reid travels with quite a large posse. Not to mention a couple of great dogs and a lovely, patient wife.

Wish I could make it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 11:11am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Reid, FANTASTIC! Now we're talking. You will no doubt help with the draw.

Wow...The famous ReidP as the headliner?? All you guys better get your reservations in now. Reid travels with quite a large posse. Not to mention a couple of great dogs and a lovely, patient wife.

Wish I could make it.

john

JBear, think about it. You were spoken of quite favorably by a few people last year. One was a nice lady that was a great show skier.

You mid west guys, Free Brauts?
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 11:24am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Bud's not going to cut it... Come to think of it,the beer Brad brewed last year was tasty as well...Mike

Thanks Mike
Yep- leave the beer supply to me Riley!
While not in any way officially sanctioned by the event, I will bring plenty of home brew for everyone!

Reid- That's great bud! Looking forward to meeting you, your wife and the rest of your posse too If you fly up here, Manchester, NH is an option as well. Keep us posted, there are plenty of guys around to hook you up.

Now we just need to convince jbear!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 11:39am
Brad, you sound like my buddy from NC that tells me to leave the wine buying to him. Those gal. bottles of Carlo Rossi I buy may have something to do with it.

Anyway, I'd be happy to bring a keg of Gearys.   
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 1:32pm
The more the merrier Bruce!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 3:23pm
Unfortunatley, our posse won't be very large since we're flying. But I did run it past Nautique John last night and he was somewhat interested. I'm gonna let him school you yankee boys on some 'footin. Oh,...heck,....come to think of it John's just a yankee boy transplant himself, so you guys can relax.

I'm looking forward to some more of Brad's beer, if any's available. Otherwise, I've never had Geary's, and I like some good beer.

Jbear! Round trip tickets from Orlando-Portland non-stop, Fri-Sun $324, Fri-Mon $299 !!! I'll see you there! No excuses.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 10:34pm
Bruce: You have no idea how much I'd love to be there to meet you guys. Bad time of the year for me tho what with Work Camps and meeting our Ohio crew down in Tennessee. Who was the ski show lady?

Reid: How come you wanna send me to Oregon?
BTW: Where is Nautique John from? If he brings his buddy Eddie there will be some big-time schooling goin' on.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 2:06am

Who was the ski show lady?
john

The lovely Laurie (lauger), Jeff K's sister???
Wanna see that swivel ski this year
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 2:13am

Reid: How come you wanna send me to Oregon?
BTW: Where is Nautique John from? If he brings his buddy Eddie there will be some big-time schooling goin' on.

john

The big Northwest CC reunion is in Portland, John!! Haven't you been paying attention? Everybody's gonna be there. I'm even willing to buy your ticket if you can make it.

Nautique John is from PA. But Eddie the professor is home grown.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 2:22am
Now I am really confused. I thought I'd read where you were driving the Rialta north then I read where you were flying. Then its the NW instead of the NE. Are you getting appearance money for all this?

BTW: No cover in the mail today. Soon as I see it I'll get it on the red boat. Did you talk to the guy?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 10:30am
JBear, Yup, Jeff's sister. Seems like everyone knows you. Don't rule us out. We'd love to see you up here.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 12:52pm
Senior moment Bruce...me and Patti were lucky enough to have a visit from JEFF and his sister...who btw got all the looks in the family.

I never rule anything out but...

Last Novembers visit.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 7:57pm
Good picture. You ever seen Jeff drive with authority? His boat goes like h*ll, too.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 1:13am

You ever seen Jeff drive with authority? His boat goes like h*ll, too.

That kid definately has a screw loose.Two speeds...Idle or W.F.O. Seeing him and Woody coming down the lake side by side(literally) is quite interesting.I guess that's why they call em "rub rails" .

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 1:44am

You ever seen Jeff drive with authority?

This guy?

He did seem to love to go fast.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic