NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Next Florida CCFan Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2008 at 10:50pm
Central FL Info:

March
Average High Temperature: 77ºF
Days about 90ºF: 0
Average Low Temperature: 56ºF
Days with Lows below Freezing: 4
Average Rainfall Amount: 3.4"
Days With Rain: 7
Days with Thunderstorms: 3
Days with Fog: 15

April
Average High Temperature: 82ºF
Days about 90ºF: 2
Average Low Temperature: 60ºF
Days with Lows below Freezing: 0
Average Rainfall Amount: 2.0"
Days With Rain: 5
Days with Thunderstorms: 3
Days with Fog: 12

Auburn, AL averages (near Lake Martin)
Average Max. Temperature (F) Average Min.
Feb      60.8                    38.0
Mar      67.1                    43.6
Apr      76.0                    51.6
May      84.1                    59.3

I was checking out Lake Martin and it looks like a sweet lake. Lots of coves and bays, kind of like Dale Hollow. The only downfall is that we were trying to have a early spring reunion. We would have to wait until about May up there for the temps we can get in March down here. The problem with waiting until April is, depending on the weather of course, that a lot of the die hards will have their boats in the water already up north. ( I seem to remember hearing about people going on ice breaking missions ). We wanted to give a mid winter break to the guys up north and a chance to get a weekend "fix". I also understand what you say about the weather being inconsistent, but I like the chances based on historical highs and lows
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2008 at 4:03am
Greg; I am all for March or Febuary in Florida. Last year we had a great trip on the St. John's the weekend Reid and his posse were down for Daytona. First time we met AdamT and his pretty pink boat. There is pictures and a thread on here somewhere but I don't know where. We gotta get with azues and do some scouting around.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2008 at 10:18am
JBear! Good to hear from ya! I thought we had lost you!
Boats:
NautiqueFreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2008 at 8:48pm
thats funny you say Auburn, AL azeus17 haha because thats actually where I live right now. i am in school here and yes it is very close to Martin. Well its whatever you guys decide, just gonna throw the idea out there because my family has a nice lake place there and I know a bunch of folks there that would help out and what not but will figure it out and I can't wait where ever we decide to go!!
If ya can't do it behind a Nautique..I don't wanna do it!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I'm torn and indifferent as to the fall 08 or spring 09 issue. I can see a good time in the fall, as the northern boys may be seeking some relief by early November and needing a fix. But would any of these guys be able to get their boats out or even think about that and hauling in potentially bad weather, or just plan to drive or fly in. Or would the spring be better when everyone might be looking for a getaway and an early splash. How many snowbirds however, even then would actually think of hauling that far vs flying or driving boatless and then hoping in one of the other members' boats? Thinking more here right now, 2008 already seems to be filling up as Mojo mentioned above, and with two other reunions on the books already, Spring Bash 09 might be the best bet. This would give us all the most time to plan and clear schedules. But this is the Mark-Eddie-Jbear Affair, so I'll roll with whatever they think will work best.     

I'm bumping this just to see if this party is still in the minds of our Southerns buddies to put together next Spring. It may be to early to still plan this out, but hell, summer is just about over up hear and the winterization, boat storage planning would go easier knowing we might have to get to the boats with snow still on the ground....

Look forward to hearing of the possibilities..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 4:06pm
I am pretty sure that I would attend. Would also plan to bring a boat.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
92NautiqueSNOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92NautiqueSNOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 7:34pm
I too would love to be able to attend- just reading about the great time and fellowship at the GL reunions has my interest. I too would plan to bring one of my CC's (depending how the old girl is running)
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 9:56pm
FL late March or early April works best for me. Can not get boat out of storage till sometime early to mid March. Those of us bringing boats from the North might want to winterize for the haul, for I have heard of blocks freezing during the drive while returning from a Spring break.

This is about the time of year when we try to visit in-laws in Ft Myers. A FL get together would be a welcome addition.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
bill1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 12:55am
I'm still interested.   Count me in.
bill
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2008 at 9:07pm
I think it is still in the plans. I have been meaning to go check out a campground/lake, but something always seems to come up. We still have roughly 6 months to plan, but definitely count on pulling her out of the snow for the trip!
Boats:
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2008 at 1:30am
Count me in also, I live just a short drive from Lake Cresent and will gladly take some pics if that would help.
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2008 at 5:54am
Hey Brad. That would be great. Are you familiar with the lake? Does it have a sandbar or area to congregate? The campground looks like it would work for us, but it is always nice to have a spot on the water to meet up as well.

I will be out of town for the next two weeks, but would love to meet up with you sometime to check it out if you would like.

Adam
Boats:
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2008 at 11:13am
Hey Adam, I have never been on that lake but it looks really nice. I see you are in Jax we could make a day trip down to check it out. I can't put my boat in the river here anyway it's still flooded from FAY. Just let me know.
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but for the next CCFan Southeast Reunion, Mt. Dora, Florida is calling our name. Fans, it's the closest venue to being the the Green Lake of the South, and if it's possible, with the same ammenities. (Mojo, you should come on down and check it out). I've been there several times and was amazed. Just Google Mt.Dora and also the Dora Canal and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's history rich with a quaint, charming but eclectic downtown area, with ample restaurants and bars, just a block off the water. And a chain of lakes connected by the Dora Canal which is the epitome of cruising beauty rivaled by few. And for the ladies who may not want to spend the whole time boating, there are antique shops galore (sorry guys, but it may help your chances). As you may notice if you do a search, and as Pete is already aware, it's home to one of the best Antique and Classic Boat Society (ACBS) shows out there. Nautique John, Matt and myself will be down there for that show with the 'Skiff at the end of this month. Jbear, Eddie and Mark, you need to meet us there Saturday, 3/29, for a reconnaissance mission. Mt Dora is about an hour north of Orlando.

{{{{ Bump }}}}

JBear, sent you an email......

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 2:21am
Hey Mojo...didn't get the mail...not getting any thru the site again. Will send you one thru your profile and maybe you get send me a return.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 11:21am
Chiming in a little late on this one but Kim and I could possibly pull the 88' down for this one as well. Keep us updated dated gentlemen.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2008 at 1:07am
You guys better be coming.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

SemperFIsh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SemperFIsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2008 at 10:53am
I think I might try to make my first CC reunion, I just restored my grandfather's Fish Nautique and I think it would be fun, might even try a little tubing and skiing. I can't wait to find out when and where, (hopefully it will work with my schedule.)
I am posting a complete rebuild video of the FN in my youtube channel, Gigg566, (Google Gigg566) and it should come up, or (Google Duane and Selena). One of them should work. Let me know what you think, I have a couple more to make and post.
                             Duane
Capt Duane
Tampa, FL
Semper FIsh N Dive
Old Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2008 at 11:18pm
Google the Lake Minneola Inn.
It is located west of Orlando
in Minneola, Fl. Not far from the
mouse house either. Not as quaint
as Mt Dora but less expensive.
It sits on a chain of lakes that have
sandy areas to beach which many
of you seem to ask about.Plenty
of restaurants and if your
really bent on shopping Mt
Dora is about a 30 min drive
by car.

99/90/80 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2008 at 2:13am
Thanks ripper...looks like we are looking at the end of March for an "informal" reunion. We nreed to do a little looking around here but at least this will give you Northern guys something to think about.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic