Print Page | Close Window

HO kneeboard opinions

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11904
Printed Date: May-16-2024 at 11:19am

Topic: HO kneeboard opinions
Posted By: bwana50
Subject: HO kneeboard opinions
Date Posted: September-09-2008 at 11:25pm
First, "hi everybody!", forum newbie checking in.

I've been looking for an inexpensive used compression-molded kneeboard. Recently an HO 5-Forty has popped up near me; anyone have experience with that board? I'd consider myself early-intermediate level.

Tim

-------------
1996 Ski Nautique

Replies:
Posted By: The Dude
Date Posted: September-10-2008 at 12:39am

This is a good board. Make an offer.

-------------
Mullet Free since 93
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=717&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 95 Sport

Posted By: jdkenyon
Date Posted: September-10-2008 at 6:51pm
I have the older version of that board and really like it.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1955 - 94 Ski Nautique

Posted By: skibum1110
Date Posted: September-23-2008 at 1:17pm
I ride a Neptune trident Ted Bevelacqua signature board. One of the best kneeboards ever made. There very hard to find, but if you do get one of those. There was one with a carbon fiber deck and one with a yellow deck.

-------------
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team

Posted By: skinaut
Date Posted: October-02-2008 at 9:28pm
The Hydroslide "Explosion" is the same as the "Trident" with different graphics.
Neptune sold the mold to Hydroslide.

I still use an old O'Brien airageous and love it

Posted By: rosconole
Date Posted: December-19-2008 at 9:47pm
I have HO Joker I got awhile back, Whoa what a slick ride.

-------------
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee

Posted By: 86BFN
Date Posted: December-19-2008 at 11:15pm
Welcome Tim,
You'll find all the info you need here. I however can't help you one this on as I don't like any forein objects on, under or around me. LOL
Best of Luck,
Steve

-------------
👣 Steve
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4057&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1986&yrend=1986" rel="nofollow - 86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: December-22-2008 at 11:06am
Tim,

First of all welcome to the best bunch of boat bud's you'd ever want.

Secondly, I can't help you with that particular kneeboard but I own 2 O'Brien Airageous kneeboards. I love those boards and so do the 4 other ladies in the family that ride em. Paid full price for my first one. Was looking for a second so that two could ride at the same time and only paid $40 for the second (on ebay of course).

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: December-23-2008 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

I love those boards and so do the 4 other ladies in the family that ride em.

Hmmmmm....the 4 other ladies.....

You seemed pretty manly when me and Patti met ya.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: December-23-2008 at 8:55am
Ask anyone of them John and they'll tell you that I'm a "Girly Man". Too much estrogen in one household if you ask me but sooner or later I'll get a skibud out of one of em' to increase the testosterone level. Either that or have to be packing at all times.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: December-24-2008 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

have to be packing at all times.

Your suitcase...or a gun?!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: December-24-2008 at 9:15am
Ha!...............as Radio would say..... "Both!"

-------------

Date Posted: December-25-2008 at 3:03am
Saw a picture of all your ladies on the Christmas thread...I'd suggest a gun. Very nice looking crew. From Mom all the way on down....in fact...Kim looks like a sister..not the Mom. You musta married over your head this time..just like I did.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: December-30-2008 at 1:54am
The trident/explosion I wouldnt condsider a good early intermediate board as its not all that forgiving, the 5-forty will do you right if you get it on the cheap you will be happy with it. Or just save your body some wear and tear and get a wakeboard..

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: December-30-2008 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Kim looks like a sister..not the Mom. You musta married over your head this time..just like I did.

john

Second times the charm. It's better when your spouse is classier than you.

Well...............Most of the time. After this Christmas/New Years eating we've both over done we've promised each other to be in much better shape for boating season.. Guess I'd better hit the Wings-n-Beer one last time.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window