Print Page | Close Window

Get the Kids out on the water.

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14181
Printed Date: April-26-2024 at 9:08pm

Topic: Get the Kids out on the water.
Posted By: bkhallpass
Subject: Get the Kids out on the water.
Date Posted: June-26-2009 at 6:33pm
Several of you have seen this pic. My 2 year old daughter on her first trip behind the boat by herself. She even stood up. No world record or anything, but we were pretty happy. Would be great to see some pics of your kids out on the water, doing what these boats are meant to do. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Replies:
Posted By: C-Bass
Date Posted: June-26-2009 at 6:49pm
^Great pic. That'll make you forget all about the maintenance, upkeep, high gas prices, the scratch in the gel coat, etc. That crap that I have a feeling a lot of us here are guilty of letting get to us. That picture is what it's all about.

-------------
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6103" rel="nofollow - 99 Sport
85SN

Posted By: kapla
Date Posted: June-26-2009 at 7:30pm
supercool!!! I gotta get one of those for valentino!! So she likes it by her face....
I asked valentino a couple of times if he wanted to go with me on the tube and he didn´t ..so I didn´t push him...eventually he will ask me and I´ll be more than happy to take him!!!!

-------------
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Date Posted: June-26-2009 at 8:09pm
I sent her out on the tube with her mother last summer. I'm
not even certain I could get in and out of a tube.

This device is called and EZ Ski trainer. It has a ski skimmer as
a base, complete with two bindings to put the feet into. It then has
an inflatable wrapped around it. The child can sit or stand. It is very stable. She just floated away from the boat as I idled up. She's going less than 5 mph in the picture. It's actually borrowed from a
neighbor. I may have to buy one.

She loves it and now thinks that she is going skiing, every time we
head for the boat.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: 05 210
Date Posted: June-29-2009 at 12:35am
   That's really cool Brian. Great pic! Has she had swimming lessons yet? She looks so comfortable out there behind the boat.

Mike

-------------
http:/diaries/details.asp?ID=2219" rel="nofollow - Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Date Posted: June-29-2009 at 1:17am
Yes Mike,started swimming lessons when she was 6 or 7 months old.
Since March we've had her in private lessons, or lessons with just one other child, twice a week. Those will continue at least into November for this year. She can't swim yet, but she's getting there.

My wife has full discretion over the activities, with the exception of swimming. It is the one thing I insist upon. I don't care if she ever chooses to compete, but I expect her to be very competent in the water.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: scottb
Date Posted: June-29-2009 at 4:55pm
Here is a pic of my older son from last summer. He is 5 in this picture. He doesn't have the itch for skiing yet this summer. He just wants to ride the kneeboard, but that's better than the tube.

Date Posted: June-29-2009 at 10:49pm
Excellent Scott. Looks like he's doing great out there.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: 05 210
Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 1:01am
   I hear you BKH. Our kids have been swimming since they were 3. Now 10 and 11, they are extremely confident in the water.While we still keep a close eye on them,we don't have to be right on top of them if they want to jump off the dock,etc. They spend alot of time with their cousins at the lake and a few of them are scared to death to even get on a tube out away from shore(but we're working on them).

Here is a couple of my son,taken last year. My favorite thing to do is take a doubles set with him,we have a blast. They grow up fast....

Mike

-------------
http:/diaries/details.asp?ID=2219" rel="nofollow - Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Posted By: Randy_in_Ohio
Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 3:45am
A couple pics of my twin boys at Norris Lake last week. We had a great time.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1602&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995" rel="nofollow - 1993 Sport Nautique

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 10:06am
Great pics. When you start them out young like that, they still want to hang with you when they're teenagers and even older. My kids are 21, 18 & 15, and they've always been disappointed when they can't make skiing in the morning or a cruise in the afternoon due to work. They've been able to take the boat by themselves since they were about 14 and they'd rather take their parents along rather then leave them on the beach. Boating, skiing, boarding are great family stuff.

My wife had all our kids in swimming lessons at the YW when they were tots. Definately a good way to go.

-------------

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 10:33am
Here's a picture of a member of our ski team's son at 16 month's. He's riding a ski skimmer, which is one of the best tools to get kids comfortable behind the inboards.

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 4:57pm
tull, that gear is just great!!! 16months!!! wow cool...looks like he is having great time behind the boat...

-------------

Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 7:00pm
Good pics all. At sixteen months we thought about putting our daughter out there by herself, but decided it just wasn't worth it. She got used to being out there with mom, and this year at 30 months was very comfortable by herself. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 11:45pm
My kids last summer: him 182 months, her 227 months

-------------

Posted By: Terp
Date Posted: July-09-2009 at 12:50pm
Unfortunately I have no pic to post or to savor over the years, but our daughter Tessa got up on two for the first time yesterday. She's 6 this summer and my wife thought maybe we were pushing it a bit, but she always thinks that! I picked up the HO trainer ski package (skis, bar and special tow rope.) After looking it over I ditched the training rope set up and elected to let her have a go w/ the traditional tow rope. I got in the water with her to help and coach and on the 4th pull she was up and I was left two hundred yards behind cheering in her wake. Very bittersweet since I couldn't see the look on her face when she was up, but the smile on her face when I caught up to her was ear to ear!

Date Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:12pm
Congratulations Terp. Just take her out next week and get a pic. She won't look so different by then

Larry, I definitely have to meet you some day. You crack me up sometimes. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: harddock
Date Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:46pm
My daughter Wakesurfing age 9

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4487" rel="nofollow - 1998 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:55pm
Son Wakeboarding age 7

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4487" rel="nofollow - 1998 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:57pm
Doubles 9&7

-------------

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: July-09-2009 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Terp Terp wrote:

Tessa got up on two for the first time yesterday. She's 6 this summer and my wife thought maybe we were pushing it a bit

Nahhh, perfect age!

-------------

Date Posted: July-09-2009 at 3:54pm
first tournament, first air

-------------

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: July-10-2009 at 2:19am
Randy: Been off for awhile so I missed this post...where did you go at Norris? We are headed down there after we visit GL. Water looks real high. Man I can't wait to get there.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: The Dude
Date Posted: July-21-2009 at 3:08am
Great pics guys...I enjoyed them all!

This is my youngest at age 5

Here she is with her twin sister two years ago (Randy_i_O, I didn't know you had twins too!)

I love this one of them on that same day...

-------------
Mullet Free since 93
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=717&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 95 Sport

Date Posted: July-21-2009 at 4:25pm
OK, I realize my kids are a little old for me to be playing this game, but just because they are older, doesn't mean we still don't have fun out on the water together or that I can't be a doting parent. Just took this one yesterday.

-------------

Date Posted: July-21-2009 at 4:32pm
Dude, awesome shots of your girls!

Larry, Thomas can get some air! Is that behind your Ski Tique?

-------------

Date Posted: July-21-2009 at 11:22pm
Yes Bruce, that's the tique. He was in pretty good form yesterday...may have something to do with the pretty redhead he brought along for the first time....you remember 16, don't you?

-------------

Posted By: 75 stang
Date Posted: July-22-2009 at 10:57am
I do! it usually ended in some sort of pain that needed massaged out. The spills were a lot more painful when I was barefooting and slalom skiing. I came ripping in to the dock for a big soaking of the girls on the dock, planted the ski and then found out i was going a little fast on the whip... I did not have enough weight to keep it planted and ended up tangled in the boat lift. Oh to be indestructible again.

-------------
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/Bigblockbandit/Lake%20and%20boats/ - Boat Pics

Posted By: LakeBoy
Date Posted: July-23-2009 at 4:49am
Went out and ripped a footset tonight. My kids were in rare form and wanted to ski. After they skied, I put them in the swing on the boom so they can "barefoot like dad." Cute...

Julianne, age 5:

John, age 7

-------------
Got Foot?

Posted By: jrmcmich
Date Posted: July-24-2009 at 9:10pm

This is my sons first time up for an extended period of time.

I got my youngest (3) to give us a thumbs up between crying getting on the kneeboard with me.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4554 - 1994 Sport

Date Posted: July-24-2009 at 9:13pm
Nice pics everyone. Keep them coming. Young or not so young anymore, I guess they are still always kids to you. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: July-24-2009 at 9:13pm
what is that they are riding?

-------------
Got Foot?

Date Posted: July-25-2009 at 3:13am
Here's some video of my kids on the skimmer and trying to barefoot in the swing. The boy, John, can ski behind the boat. Julianne is still new to it, but is having a great time. No better way to spend a Weds. evening.

%20http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmtiKERmFbQ - Teach the Kids

-------------
Got Foot?

Posted By: shawnmc
Date Posted: July-25-2009 at 9:29am
My little girl

Date Posted: July-26-2009 at 9:02pm
uh got some pics of my kid on his first attemp on the tube..yikes he didn't like it...

-------------

Posted By: stang72
Date Posted: August-13-2009 at 2:23pm

Helden at age 8 practicing for WWA....Get the kids on the water!

-------------
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/images/3720/photo1.jpg" rel="nofollow - The Super Air

Date Posted: August-13-2009 at 2:27pm
Flips at 8? Wow!

-------------

Date Posted: August-13-2009 at 2:41pm

The flip is new for him...just learned it!Here is some big air...little rocket!

-------------
stang

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/images/3720/photo1.jpg" rel="nofollow - The Super Air

Date Posted: August-13-2009 at 6:59pm
He's fearless.

-------------

Posted By: emccallum
Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 1:30am
wow that is impressive! awesome

Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 1:38am

not a great photo ....we take one every year, this year we added one more to the group even though he was on two skis.

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 9:47am
Stang, your boy can do some cool sh*t behind your boat... Impressive

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 1:57pm
I think thats what Brian meant....kids on the water....pull all 5 at once! Nicely done.

Kristof...sorry we missed you at GL. The little one can go all day!

-------------
stang

Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 2:25pm
Some more great photos all. Now I know I'm getting old when an 8 year old makes me feel inadequate in a sports event. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 3:19pm
Face it Brian...... you ARE old!

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 7:35pm
Well at least you don't have to suffer it in person....it will only get worse for me. Brian your still king in your household right? When the girls allow it!

-------------
stang

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: August-16-2009 at 7:08pm
Here are some pictures of my three girls taken in June on Lake Lanier when we went camping for a few days.

Kaitlin (13) showing her form:

Kaitlin getting some air:

Sydney (13) actually looking at dad:

Sydney likes the flats:

CONCENTRATE!

Tamara(10) Ready or Not, here I Come!

Tamara working a bit to get back over the wake.

As stated here time and time again. Get your kids on the water and get it in their blood as they grow up too fast!

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: August-17-2009 at 11:58am
love the pics!!! I hope to be putting valentinos this summer here!!!

-------------

Date Posted: August-17-2009 at 4:00pm
Finally got my youngest talked into giving it a try, trapped him in front of the neighbor girl. I had to make some concessions though, we have to use the row boat with the 9.5 on it because he is convinced my big loud mustang wont pull him slow enough... I have been wondering what his holdup is and apparently it was a mental thing with the mustang. Guess i need to complain less about the boring slow tubing speeds while he is in the boat, i'm sure it came from one of my comments.

I did get the neighbor kids skiing a couple weeks ago, they came over and wanted to tube, i threw a little fit and told them tubing was for no talent hacks that have no ability... so we went skiing!

-------------
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/Bigblockbandit/Lake%20and%20boats/ - Boat Pics

Date Posted: August-17-2009 at 4:16pm
+1 on the tubing.....I cant stand tubing. Last night about 7:45, a storm had run everyone off the lake, and it was like glass. I had a couple of older kids wakeboarding and me skiing. Some of the younger kids came over to the dock and wanted to tube. I said no way, not with this kind of water. They got in, and wakeboarded. Thank god they have adults like me around them!

Date Posted: August-21-2009 at 1:27am
We finally got a little bit of video. Not the greatest quality but better than nothing. Usually it's just the 3 of us & I've been staying in the water with her to get her started. This time Grandma was along for the ride so we put her to work w/ the camera.
Tessa is usually only good for about 5 or 6 pulls before she's shivering, frustrated and done. She wants to be instantly good at it. She'll be 7 in December.    
Great thread Brian. Nice posts by all.

http://s386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/terp/?action=view¤t=1250820331.flv - Tessa skiing

Date Posted: August-21-2009 at 3:53am
More good photos and vids from all. Terp, looks like the wife is pulling your girl at a pretty good clip there. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: August-21-2009 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Terp, looks like the wife is pulling your girl at a pretty good clip there. BKH

Yeah, there's been a learning curve for her too. Big difference between pulling 185# on one ski and 49# on 2.

Date Posted: August-25-2009 at 11:25am

This is a picture of my 12 yo skiing on his home made ski. He cut a piece of OSB plywood into the shape of his skimboard and wanted to try and ski on it. It took him about five or six times but he got up on it. Deep water start. After this photo we stuck a small fin on it, and he had a blast.
I broke down and ordered a wakeskate for him, but he may end up sticking with his own design!

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: August-25-2009 at 6:25pm
em,
Here's a project for you and your son.

Wakeskate gluing fixtue:

I used 5 layers of 1/8" plywood on the first one. I've tried to get my son to make one himself and have recommended 3 layers of the ply with 2 layers of carbon fiber. Maybe when he's done chasing the women!!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: August-25-2009 at 6:46pm
Oh no......I am not a wood worker! I used up all my woodworking skills for the Pinewood Derby (first place!). You are way above my skills. How did it turn out? I saw my sons contraction for bending the wood; I wish I had a photo! Two concrete blocks and an 80lb bag of water softener salt and the water hose.
If you could figure out a way to convince him the wakeskate would impress the girls, he would be in the garage nonstop! My son is just starting to think girls are so bad after all....downhill from here!

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: August-25-2009 at 8:49pm
Em,
That picture is about 3 years old. My son is still using the original wakeskate I made. Still holding up it's shape but due to some nicks on the edges, some of the oak has taken on some water and it's turning black. Oak does that!! I didn't go real overboard on the finish due to the usage a wakeskate gets. Polyurethane on both sides. The top got the anti skid which is silica sand sprinkled in (still maintains the clear finish) and then the bottom was wet sanded and buffed out.

So, if your son is the better woodworker and would like to give it a try, I do have more pictures and would be happy to help out. Show him the picture. Yes, The gluing fixture is better than a bag of salt and concrete blocks!!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:14pm
IT WAS OUR TIME......

The lake was less than favorable. Water temps around 70 degrees, wind blowing a steady 20mph easy. We heading out of the marina in the Nautique, fighting 2 foot white caps (yes this is GL, WI)to reach some sort of skiable water. After rattling our teeth and freezing our butts off (maybe 73 degrees out), I ask my oldest daughter if she's going to ride or finally try slalom, which she has always wanted to try, but with always a reserve voice and attitude.
Well, we darn her with an oversized HO wmans Comp ski (she all of 80 lbs soaking wet). I thought, man this is heavy and she's going to have one heck of a time with it, but what the hell. She has good balance and arm strength, maybe she'll fight off the height and responsiveness of the ski..
Shivering on the platform, she get the ski on and we dump her in and we get ready. Now, there are boats everywhere, tubes, skiers and the like are trying to use the same water.. The waves are crashing over her head as she continues to keep the ski tip stright and body centered. Finally after waiting what seems to be a lifetime, I said to myself, screw it, we have to go.. I scream to her to "Ball up" and I hit it, giving the throttle a good jolt, but now enough to pull her over the top or handle from her hand...
I can see in the mirror, she's actually fighting, ski tip still coming out and centered, so I throttle up and out of the hole she comes !!! She leans back and is up and perfectly balanced and is skiing..... SHE's UP I Screamed. She has nailed the initial launch, never to have strapped a slalom ski on before or any ski on for years as she's converted to wakeboarding...
She's skiing and sees some flat water and head out to her strong side with a Sh*t eat'n grin the size of Texas and make a cut back to the boat, through the wake to the other side..
We are screaming in the boat, fists stabing the air and high fives around the boat with such disbelief, happiness and pride, Time-Stood-Still for me... My entire childhood flashed in my mind. People on the docks are screaming, people on other boats are clapping as the run seemed to never end.. Then she finally let go out of exhaustion...
I've never seen anyone master a deep water start the first time, especially in those conditions and carve for a mile... Choking up with pride, I jumped in, swam out to her, shirt, hat and all and wrapped my arms around her. It was her moment. With me growing up around water and skiing, "It was our moment". One I will truly never forget...

Nothing like a day on the lake to mark a footprint in your sole....

Moj'
My daughter Danielle, age 11

Yep a CCfan Fan

My 9 year old Gabrielle

Thanks Brian for the inspiration to write my little story for 2009'
Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:31pm
Great story Moj. My mom is the only other person I've known who got up first try on a slalom. Good stuff. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:40pm
I'm hoping this will help teach them a few new things as well...

Ha... Picked her up Sat..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:54pm
Congrats on the new boat. Is this the boat she slalomed behind? BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Congrats on the new boat. Is this the boat she slalomed behind? BKH

Thanks Brain..... Nope the 96' Ski... We'll see how she does behind this new wake she'll see for the first time..... She said Sunday, forget that, I want to see what happens when you fill the "water thingies" and the wake gets bigger for boarding.... Yep, typical kid hahaha..

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: September-01-2009 at 3:16pm
Snap, another new boat. You guys are crazy I barely have enough time to maintain and use just one boat and I don't even have any kids. I am trying to find a partner for another though...

PLBC is shopping for a 98/99 Sport, his wife is looking at 07/08 206s! lol

-------------

Date Posted: September-01-2009 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Snap, another new boat. You guys are crazy I barely have enough time to maintain and use just one boat and I don't even have any kids. I am trying to find a partner for another though...

PLBC is shopping for a 98/99 Sport, his wife is looking at 07/08 206s! lol

Well Kev, you can see when you do have a wife and kids, you have to keep the whole brood happy, especially while out on the water all day.. All the small boats I've had have been great, but never a good match for GL, additional friends, and more gear.... It's bigger boat, or a house on the lake... Ahhh, I can still slave away to pay for the boat haha.. You'll get there some day....

Dave.
PS: I don't envy PLBC... hahaha....

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: Okie Boarder
Date Posted: September-01-2009 at 9:29pm
Great thread! I'll add some...

My oldest and I riding doubles.

My youngest riding a good run.

My oldest jumping.

Date Posted: September-01-2009 at 10:08pm
how old are your kids?
nice jump on the last picure..
don´t be afraid to give us their names, we are all good people here!!! lol..
I have 2 boys Valentino aged 3 and Tomas aged 1. And Looking forward to iniciate Valentino this summer...

-------------

Posted By: lewy2001
Date Posted: September-01-2009 at 10:33pm
Great story Mojo I was cheering as well.

Gee those Air Nautiques are getting popular at GL. They would be a great family boat on that lake with the extra freeboard.

-------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2999" rel="nofollow - 89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 12:00am
Okie, that first shot is great. Can't wait till I can do that w/ my daughter.

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Great story Mojo I was cheering as well.

Gee those Air Nautiques are getting popular at GL. They would be a great family boat on that lake with the extra freeboard.

Thanks Lewy.....

You've seen first hand the conditions that Green Lake will throw out on any given weekend... Without sounding corny, boating during the summer is our family's "thing". Water sports, fishing, floating, whatever is done in a boat, we do... With this past summer being the coldest, roughest I've ever seen on Green Lake, I threw caution to the wind and got yet another bigger boat.. The 211 will hopefully keep us on the water even more... I'm keeping the dream alive of making more fond memories while my girls are still at the age where they like me Ha..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 1:05pm
kapla,

Bryce is the oldest. He's 9...will be 10 in November. Tristan is the youngest. He turned 7 in May.

Bryce actually had his first competition this year. He competed in SPF here in OK. He took 3rd place overall in the grom division. He can do HS W2W pretty good. Sometimes he can get 4' of height. He is pretty good with ollies, lip slides, front slides, back slides and he can do a TS 1-wake jump.

Tristan got up a couple times last year and rode about 20'. In the picture of him you can see the smile on his face. That was from this year. He has ridden several times now where he stayed up and riding for a good while and is even starting to move around a bit.

We definitely love being out on the water and all learning and growing in the sport of wakeboarding, plus bonding as a family. It means the world to me to be able to spend that kind of time with my wife and kids making memories.

I'm kinda bummed we need to park the boat and do the stringers, but we'll catch a few rides to finish the season and we'll get right back into it next season.

Terp,

Doubles is sure a lot of fun. Especially doing it with your kids.

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 4:59pm
Here's Bryce with his trophy and his friend / idol.

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 5:22pm
Very cool stuff...
Nice age to start into the competitions..
I started into them when aged 20...before that the sport here in argentina didn´t exist...

-------------

Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 5:42pm
Andy, where did they host that tourney?

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Doubles is sure a lot of fun. Especially doing it with your kids.

Never too old for that.

My brother (57) and me (53), just last summer
(I know...this is supposed to be a "kids" post...but I think we probably still qualify.)

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 5:50pm
And your brother still gets you to take the long rope.

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 6:13pm
Yeah, I think it is cool getting him good at the sport and competing so young. If he sticks with it, he'll be quite the rider by the time he's 18.

SPF is held at Eufaula Lake.

Tique...great pic of you and your brother. I wish my brother and I were both into watersports (and lived in the same area). It would be fun to do that with him.

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

And your brother still gets you to take the long rope.

Well, he is older...so I spot him a few points.

Andy: It's in our (his, my sister's, and my) blood. Summers at the lake house with the 66 mustang when we were kids. My sister calls it "lake effect" - that need/passion to be in, on, around the water and boats. I think we've all passed it on to our kids, too. Right now my brother is in NC (where the picture was taken) and I am in MA, but we have a vacation/retirement home literally right around the corner from my brother, so hopefully not too many years before its more full time. As it is now, we get down there a couple weeks a year. (He still has the bug too, bought a 67 Slylark a couple summers ago off of CCF.)

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 6:49pm
That's great. I hope my sons will have that same sort of bug from the memories we're creating now.

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

That's great. I hope my sons will have that same sort of bug from the memories we're creating now.

I don't think you have to worry...looks like they've been bit pretty bad already. Has a way of sticking with you.

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2009 at 7:05pm
I love doubling with the kids....I am going to try and get a good photo of the whole family skiing as a xmas card, but, the 5 yo is being stubborn!

As for passing the bug, some of my fondest memories as a child are at the lake skiing. I know my three will never forget the times we have had skiing. Best family fun ever!

Date Posted: September-08-2009 at 10:54am
Newest member of the Skiing club at 8. I finally talked him into it yesterday, my boys will do anything for Ice cream and to impress the neighbor girl...

And the Rockstar finish

Same old d*ck pope Jrs I learned on and his older brother learned on.

we ended up using the of 66 9.5hp evenrude on the rowboat as he did not like dads big loud Mustang because it goes to fast, gotta pick your battles.

-------------

Date Posted: September-08-2009 at 2:15pm
Way to go!

Date Posted: September-08-2009 at 2:40pm
Excellent Sean. Like to see that old hardware being used. A reminder of the simpler days.

-------------

Date Posted: September-08-2009 at 2:48pm

we are all about old school here, the '66 Evenrude I put together for the boys this summer, the 68 Chris and our newest boat the 75...

-------------

Date Posted: September-08-2009 at 2:59pm
We like old school around here...unfortunately these boats are all long gone. Although I think my brother still has his mid 50s vintage 7.5 hp Evinrude that our Grandfather gave him around some place.

(a repeat video post...originally in BKHs first boats thread)

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/lhine763/?action=view¤t=oldboats_0001.flv - some old family boats

-------------

Date Posted: September-11-2009 at 12:45pm
The boys just called, dad, school was canceled for Fog today, can you skip out of work early so we can go ski? Gotta love the excitement!

-------------

Date Posted: October-25-2009 at 4:22am
Got the kids on the water for one last barefoot set before the season ends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyJTywQGd80 - Kid's go Foot

-------------
Got Foot?

Posted By: Tomski
Date Posted: November-11-2009 at 12:33pm
Here's one from this summer, all my friends' teenage kids - in total there was 9 of us on the boat at the time!

It was a family camping weekend and over the weekend 10 kids ranging from 8 to 17 years old had their first experience behind a boat either on the wakeboard or the knee board.

2nd photo is my little man. He's a bit young yet, but loves being out on the water and being towed around the kitchen in the Ronix box!

Tom

Had to winterise last weekend, sadly. But thinking about a Christmas/New Year run, assuming the lake isn't frozen.

-------------
Easily Parted From Money

Date Posted: November-11-2009 at 1:07pm
One of the best things I ever did for my kids was get them on the water and teach them to ski.

-------------

Date Posted: November-29-2009 at 4:04pm
first steps of tommy in the water...

he really likes the milk chocolate waters!!!

Nagual my nephew also enjoys the ride....little nap...

learning to drive, so he can tow me...

the family, tommy, mum, nagual, and my sister veronica (nagual mums)

-------------

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 5:03pm
Could very well be the thrill of my lifetime. Definitely up there w/ my first solo.

http://s386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/terp/?action=view¤t=TessaDaddyskiing.mp4 - Skiing w/ my daughter.

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 6:02pm
Excellent video John. What great fun. In all my years of being out skiing with my kids (since about 1995), I don't think I've ever doubled (or tripled) with them. Might have to do something about that.

-------------

Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 6:04pm
Very nice, I'm working with my girlfriends kids now. I ordered a EZ Footer yesterday to help out with the learning curve.

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 6:08pm
Great video, enjoy it, as it goes by so fast. My goal is to have a family portrait of all five of us on slalom as a Christmas card.....I am currently waiting on the last one, a stubborn six year old girl. Just got her up on trainers this past weekend. No good pictures, only cell phone. She is the third child and you tend to forget the camera alot by number three!

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 7:52pm
What a difference a year makes. Both wakeboard, both now slalom, girl is up on one trick ski and learning and now footin' ages 11 & 8

-------------

Posted By: BFNSport
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 9:11pm

Jake 13 Molly 15
First season for both kids.

-------------
2002 CC Ski Nautique
1988 CC Barefoot Nautique

Posted By: Tomski
Date Posted: August-13-2010 at 7:36am
Haven't been on here for a while, but thought I'd post this one of Matthew at the wheel. He loves the boat - it's a 30 mile drive to the marina and the whole way it's "boat, Massyou, drive".

Katy and I got married at the end of June as well. We had the reception at a hotel by the lake so managed to go wakeboarding on our wedding day.

-------------
Easily Parted From Money

Date Posted: August-18-2010 at 3:09am
Finally got the little guy, luke, who is 4, out on the water. never pressured him. on sunday he decided to throw his hat in the ring. All 6 of us got on the water that day, a family first. I made this video from our runs that day. hope you enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RROHLkD9_f8 - Family Ski Time

-------------
Got Foot?

Date Posted: August-18-2010 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Terp Terp wrote:

Could very well be the thrill of my lifetime. Definitely up there w/ my first solo.

http://s386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/terp/?action=view¤t=TessaDaddyskiing.mp4 - Skiing w/ my daughter.

Whay to knock it down with the kid. no headpackers either. good barefooting water you got there!

-------------
Got Foot?

Date Posted: August-18-2010 at 3:15am
Here's the little guy after his first set:

-------------
Got Foot?

Print Page | Close Window