Print Page | Close Window

94 SPORT NAUTIQUE WAKESURF NO BALLAST

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15248
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 4:28am

Topic: 94 SPORT NAUTIQUE WAKESURF NO BALLAST
Posted By: beck
Subject: 94 SPORT NAUTIQUE WAKESURF NO BALLAST
Date Posted: September-09-2009 at 10:14pm
anyone tried wakesurfing behind an older nautique with no ballast? wondering if it is possible and how good it is, thanks

-------------
1994 Sport Nautique 21ft 5.8L EFI Pro Tec Injection 310HP

Replies:
Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: September-09-2009 at 11:17pm
Never tried wake surfing, but I have seen it done behind a '78 SN

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: September-09-2009 at 11:29pm
Beck - We have a '89 SN, ballast it up to rated capacity, & my son can barely surf it ropeless. (I myself can only get slack in the rope for 10-15 seconds at a time).

So I think you will need ballast to surf without the rope, unless you are really good or a very small person.

I really like surfing (or trying to), takes a lot of focus, (not that I have any of that!) so go for it!

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Posted By: harddock
Date Posted: September-11-2009 at 2:18pm
I take my kids wake surfing behind a CBSN. I bought an older Fat Sac on EBAY. It is like a waterbed matress bag inside a heavy vinyl duffle bag. It has a little pump and hose, takes about 5 min to fill/drain and adds about 400 lbs. It helps but it still isn't like a Air boat with multi tanks and a Vdrive. You might have to play with the speed to get a sweet spot with the wake you have

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4487" rel="nofollow - 1998 Ski Nautique

Posted By: kapla
Date Posted: September-11-2009 at 3:00pm
I can wake surf the hell on my 92 sncb ..I need major ballast to get big decent wake.. I´m a regular so for me to ride front side I put 2 x 600 lb on the port side of the engine cover and one 600 lb in the back between the cover and the back seat!! with this set up i can go ropeless and I´m close on the 360 turns...
outlaw i know but its the only way on this older boats!!! lol...
without ballast forget it..no fun at all!!!

-------------
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Print Page | Close Window