Forum Name: CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15308
Printed Date: May-20-2024 at 7:38pm

Topic: Lake Clinton Spring 2010
Posted By: behindpropeller
Subject: Lake Clinton Spring 2010
Date Posted: September-15-2009 at 3:34pm
The thread on Lake Clinton 2009 makes it look like a great place to go. I thought it might be easier for some people to schedule if we picked dates further in advance.

I'm up for something 2-3 weeks before Memorial Day in May. Does anybody know what a typical water temp is for this time of year?

Tim

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: bpski
Date Posted: September-15-2009 at 4:03pm
We have gone the last 2 years on the 3rd sun in April. The Warm Section was about 80-85. The cold section was about 60-65 about half way down. Last spring was cold and the water was still Warm. It would be fine in may. Although if it is windy out of the southwest it can get VERY rough in the warm section. We were there on a very windy day last April and used the warm section launch, which had very little protection. While waiting to load on the trailer we took a wave over the transom that went all the way up to the pylon on a 226.

Posted By: weitekampt
Date Posted: September-15-2009 at 8:41pm
I live on that lake and I can vouch for those very few times that it is like that. I have had water splash in my boat while taking off my trailer which isn' hard to believe, but that is a very freak example. I was there about a month ago and there was chop due to wind but nothing difficult. I do have to agree that if you are there in the spring, it is busy at the warm side. Nothing like August or September. Everyone is fighting for a warm spot. It will be super skiing in the morning, but the afternoons are all about throwing out the anchor and enjoying that first sunburn of the year.

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1559&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 1993 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Nautiquehunter
Date Posted: September-18-2009 at 3:17am
Count me in bpski told me about this lake we went there in April water temp 80s on the warm 65s on the cold.This lake is great in the early and late season.

Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: September-18-2009 at 2:26pm
Where is Lake Clinton?

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Date Posted: September-18-2009 at 3:39pm
SN206
Clinton lake is in central IL near Champaign, Urbana.

Posted By: tnplicky
Date Posted: September-18-2009 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Where is Clinton Lake?

Google Maps - Dewitt, IL

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: September-23-2009 at 7:12pm
I'm interested for sure! Seems like a great way to kick off the summer!!

-------------

Date Posted: December-13-2009 at 6:35pm
Anyone in for the 29th of April? I could make a full weekend trip if anyone is interested?

-------------

Posted By: M3Fan
Date Posted: December-13-2009 at 10:19pm
I'd consider a spring trip down there for sure. I have no plans that far in advance.

-------------
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: December-14-2009 at 12:18am
I'm sure we'd be in if the weekend is open for us. A little too early to tell yet.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Posted By: RainDog
Date Posted: December-27-2009 at 11:34pm
I'm planning on a spring and fall run. No better way to kick off and wrap up the year for us Northerners. Moj' would be in for sure as well, barring any conflicts.

Would April be a little early? If most of us are tent camping, it could be pretty damn cold. Many years, I'm still snowboarding in late April.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1868&sort=&pagenum=1 - 62 Classic

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5242&sort=&pagenum=1 - 2002 Super Air

Date Posted: December-28-2009 at 1:02am
Steve, I'd be in for April and I'll bring Mojo's boat...his old one! If it does stay cold are there any hotels around? Otherwise we'll sleep in the back of the Expedition again.

-------------

Date Posted: December-28-2009 at 12:22pm
We went to Clinton in April 09 the air temp can be iffy but the water temp was 60 on the cold side and 80 on the warm side. Clinton has become one of my favorites. Count us in whenever you go there.

Posted By: RJ
Date Posted: March-11-2010 at 2:54pm
Hey Guys,

Me and the fam will be going to Lake Clinton for Spring(ish) June 11-13. were leaving Friday 11 morning and coming back Monday 14 morning. I requested an A loop campsite. Come on along if you can, would be great to see some you there.

Raindog,
Is it too early to think about the Fall trip? I'll throw out Sept. 11-12 any thoughts?

-------------

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: March-11-2010 at 5:14pm
RJ,
That sounds like a good time to hit Clinton. Can't do it that weekend. Possible the next

Can I ask what a "loop" campsite is?? Is that one where you don't have to back up a rig and or trailer??

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-11-2010 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

RJ,
That sounds like a good time to hit Clinton. I'll check into it and hopefully join you guys.... Confirm somtime soon..

Can I ask what a "loop" campsite is?? Is that one where you don't have to back up a rig and or trailer??

Moj'

Mojo, it's just the layout of the campground, some of the sites are on the end of the lane and it resembles a cul de sac or Loop. there are no pull throughs but still plenty of room to manuever.

That weekend sounds good to us but too soon to tell for sure.

RJ...September already? Must have a bad case of cabin fever.

-------------

Date Posted: March-11-2010 at 5:55pm
Sometimes its hard for me to speak properly with a keyboard. The campsites are built as loops and they are identified with letters A-J or K (I think). I requested the campsite = loop A site 43. If you are coming down there is a pdf form that you need to print, fill out, and mail to the Clinton Lake Recreation Area. They only accept mailed reservations. On the form you can request a loop and which sites you would prefer. The pdf can be found on their website http://dnr.state.il.us/LANDS/landmgt/PARKS/R3/cll/cll_app.pdf - LK Clinton campsite request
I mailed my form back asking for campsite A43 or 44, or any open between A40-47.
We're trying to stay in that area but we'll take what they've got open.

And yes the campsites have room for your truck and boat/trailer to park.

I hope you can make it.

-------------

Date Posted: March-11-2010 at 6:00pm
OK I get it.. Never looked in the campground area, but will try and rent a camper for the weekend.

Any chance you guys would consider the weekend before or the weekend after??? Found out the weekend of June 12 I'll be out of town...

Really want to hook up with you guys this year. The one day last fall was certainly not enough to enjoy this great spot !!!

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-11-2010 at 6:07pm
I've got the cabin fever something fierce!

We just got back from a week in the Keys, that only made things worse.
Our summer is filling up way fast, so I was thinking why not at least mention it.
On a related note Im guess-timating that the Green Lake Reunion will probably fall on July 16-18 Ive got that pencilled in on the calendar already too. I know Im sick but man...I cant wait for the season to begin!

Moj,

Sorry man, we're booked the weekend before and the two after. I hate how summer fills up way too fast.

-------------

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: March-11-2010 at 6:28pm
RJ, what do you know about that yellow and white PS 197 with the 6.0L in it on your site?

-------------

Date Posted: March-11-2010 at 6:41pm
What Up Hollywood.

That was a nice 197 but it sold. Unfortunately my website is outdated, but I'm within weeks of finishing and launching my new site. I really should rework the current site but instead just figured I would put the time in on the new one. Are you looking for something in particular? shoot me an email

-------------

Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: March-25-2010 at 12:30am
RJ, we'll try and make it, last falls run was awesome! I am with you, now that I can't get the sled out any more I've got the cabin fever bad. If the ice is out of the lake at Easter I may have to break out the wetsuit...

Storm34 we stayed at a Holiday in LeRoy, it was brand new and very nice. We'll stay there again if we can make it!

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: March-25-2010 at 1:04pm
We've got site A44. I hope you decide to go.

-------------

Date Posted: March-25-2010 at 2:45pm
I must have missed the date? What is the dates of this function?

Date Posted: March-25-2010 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

I must have missed the date? What is the dates of this function?

June 11-13th.....

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: March-26-2010 at 3:44am
Thanks Mojo. Ill make my reservation today see ya there.

Date Posted: March-26-2010 at 12:21pm
Have to catch you another time Mike.. That weekend I've got other commitments.. Looking to plan something late May, weather pending...

Have a great time, Clinton's great...

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: March-26-2010 at 2:08pm
Moj;

Keep us all informed on the late May trip, I was hoping for a May trip as well.

Steve

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: March-27-2010 at 1:33pm
The warm water end of the lake is open on April 1. The weather focast is 72 and sunny for the first 74 on the second. I am de winterizing this weekend and I'm shooting for a one day early kickoff. I will let you know how it goes.

Date Posted: March-28-2010 at 11:11pm
Hunter, I knew you would be the first one on the lake this year. I was going to dewinterize the boat yesterday, but didn't. I am sure Renee and I (maybe Evan) will be there when the group attends IF we are not in the fields. Planting season is nuts for us. I'm sure we will be there though.

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1559&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 1993 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: March-29-2010 at 2:48am
Boat and van are ready to go. Its looking like friday the 2nd will be the day we have room if anyone wants a pull. I will give a report on how it goes. Also I am making the arrangements for the June mini.

Date Posted: April-05-2010 at 2:01pm
Clinton Lake opened on 4-1 we took a trip there on the 2nd. Although it was very windy it was still a great day on the water. We got a few sets of surfing in but it was too choppy for skiing or boarding unless you went to the cold side. The water temp was 65F on the cold side and 77F on the discharge side. I met a guy with a 1979 Century Arabian V drive.
Sweet looking boat in realy good condition. Hope to see you all there in June.    

Date Posted: May-17-2010 at 8:56pm
Renee and I were there just walking the campground. Basically went there just to take notes on good campsites. We came to the conclusion that the "A" loop is good if you want to be able to walk down to the lake. There are also some real good sites in the "G" loops that actually have trails leading to docks. Many people use these. But we really liked the "G" loops sites. They would be great for reunions where we knew there were going to be 7 sites rented or more. Basically we would have the whole place. Great trees and all grass nicely mowed.
I think we are going to reserve spot A47 which is the one we stayed in last year at the reunion. Paperwork going to be done in the next day or so. But I would reserve soon if you are plannin on being there! I remember last year some people walking down the street saying how they NORMALLY had several spot (ones that our group was occupying)and they weren't too pleased. So people do reserve well in advance. We should have done this when RJ did his!

If anybody wants a copy of the notes Renee and I took, we would be happy to pass them along.

Looking forward to seeing many people again. Lets start getting a head count so we know who will be attending and at what times.

Later!!!

Oh, we will be at the lake Saturday around 1ish and be there until Sunday afternoon. Taking the camper over so we will be there overnight!

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Date Posted: May-17-2010 at 9:16pm
Just sent our request in for A loop but we'll take what ever's available. Don't know if we can even make it and the boat is still in storage but we're gonna give it a good try.    Just a late start for us this year but it'll kick in shortly.

-------------

Date Posted: May-17-2010 at 11:48pm
Oh Alan, you know you will be there! Throw the seats in the 81, charge the battery, air up the tires and hammer down! I'll have that 6 pack ready that we talked about.

I just filled out the form for A48. They have a pretty stupid registration process so check out the instructions very close. Everything is by snail mail....no electronic stuff or by phone.

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/PARKS/R3/cll/cll_app.pdf

This is the link if that helps anybody.

Looking forward to it!!!

Tim, you still in hibernation??? Wake up Lichtenstein!

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Date Posted: May-19-2010 at 6:11pm
Alan there's always room on my boat for you and Dania. I cant wait to see both of you again.

Date Posted: May-21-2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

Alan there's always room on my boat for you and Dania. I cant wait to see both of you again.

Thanks Mike, I just called and I'm picking the 81 up Sunday afternoon. Luckily I put it away in pretty good shape so I really don't have much to do to get it ready to go. See you in a few weeks.

-------------

Date Posted: May-24-2010 at 1:41am
Just thought I would let people know, but Wade Cox will be at The Liquid Edge in Farmer City that same weekend. Farmer City is only a few miles up the road from the lake. I now some people have shown interest in going to The Liquid Edge and this would be a great time to do it and get some professional lessons. Doug runs a great operation there and I would recommend stopping by sometime.

I just happened to be at the lake this weekend and ran into Tony Nichols who is good friends with Doug and he told me the news.

Hey, I have cold beer in the boat so that is another good reason to come!

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Date Posted: May-25-2010 at 3:19am
Doug is a great guy only bad thing is he doesn't sell CC.

Date Posted: May-25-2010 at 12:27pm
You are right, but his is selling a ton of MC's. He does push MC first, but he does push CC's second which is good to hear. They were down at the Correct Craft factory not too long ago taking a tour. Must maybe he would cross over the fence to the bright side of things???

I did get confirmation back on A48. We are locked in for the full weekend. I was out mowing the yard last night and saw a pile of boats coming home from the lake. Ugh, damn grass!

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Posted By: scottb
Date Posted: May-27-2010 at 12:21pm
It looks like we are going to miss the Clinton Lake gathering again this year, but we are going to be down there this Saturday, 5/29. If anybody else is out there, feel free to stop by.

Posted By: rleinen79
Date Posted: May-31-2010 at 4:12pm
Just confirmed a babysitter for the weekend. Dena and I will be there Friday afternoon. It will be my 3rd time at Clinton, Dena's 1st, and the first for our boat. See you there!

Rob

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7744" rel="nofollow - 2006 Ski 206
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1123" rel="nofollow - 97 SNOB

Date Posted: June-01-2010 at 1:32am
Rob, so dang glad you and Dena are heading down. We were chillin' in the water last weekend and it was awesome. Family said it was even better this weekend! You will have a blast and glad to hear you are draggin' the ride down!

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: June-01-2010 at 3:02am
First time in the water since the tranny job Rob? Will be interested to hear how it goes. Take a few pictures.
Hugs to both those beautiful girls you live with.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: June-07-2010 at 1:01pm
So lets get a head count. Just curious as to who all is coming and when they are arriving.

Todd, Renee, and Evan: Renee Friday morning/noon-Todd 6:00pm

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Posted By: rleinen79
Date Posted: June-07-2010 at 2:29pm

Rob and Dena: Friday late afternoon / early evening

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7744" rel="nofollow - 2006 Ski 206
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1123" rel="nofollow - 97 SNOB

Date Posted: June-07-2010 at 3:58pm

Alan and Dana: Friday evening A46

-------------

Posted By: M3Fan
Date Posted: June-07-2010 at 5:52pm
Alan and Dana: Friday evening A46
Hughes': Maybe this fall

Have fun guys, wish we could make it.

-------------
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Date Posted: June-07-2010 at 6:57pm
Rob, give me a call for better directions this time. No need to drive to Missouri at night! Leave teh GPS at home!!

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Date Posted: June-07-2010 at 6:58pm
Mike and Gail Hunter + 2 maybe 4 Friday mid-morning.

Date Posted: June-07-2010 at 7:44pm
RJ and Fam in A44
Arriving noon or so friday.
leaving Monday AM.

We have some friends coming they have A43
and A47 (I think)

-------------

Posted By: tnplicky
Date Posted: June-09-2010 at 10:56pm
Hope you have a great time guys! Doesn't look like we will be able to make it. The wife has other plans

Date Posted: June-10-2010 at 12:27pm
Tell Pam that you need to get the oil changed in the boat. It is a super complicated job and you need to take it to a town called DeWitt and have us knuckleheads do the work. We will then need to do numerous shake down runs to make sure it is good for the rest of the year. When she asks why your ski is in the boat.....well, you have to create that excuse.

Actually, just beg her to change her plans! Ha, just kidding but we will miss watching your morning slalom runs and the girls skiing. We may steal your camp site then.

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Date Posted: June-14-2010 at 1:49pm
Had a great weekend with everyone who attended. Had some great skiing once we got our sorry butts out of bed. Sunday morning was spectacular. Alan and I got some "tough slalom runs" in and we met up with Gail (NautiqueHunter) for some good slalom runs. It is always fun to help other skiers out who have questions. What fun to see that smile while skiing!

The weather was bad and had 2 major rain events roll through and that put a damper on the day a bit. We got a great evening ski in on Saturday and "sat in the hot tub" for 30 minutes or so just to relax.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who ventured down. As always it is great to visit around the camp fire and tell stories. Hope everyone made it home safely.

Looking forward to GL real soon

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Posted By: scottb
Date Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:08pm
Pics?

Date Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:59pm
You're askin' the wrong dude! Barely know how to type on the forum. I didn't take many pictures. Wife did, but more in teh campground. I know Nicole takes pictures so maybe she will have some posted later.

You'll just have to attend instead of look at pictures!

Several of us were already talking about setting the date for fall gathering. Like to do it before Labor Day just due to work. We could do a late one....2-3 weeks after Labor Day. Don't worry still warm!

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.

Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 1:43am
We'll be heading back to Clinton this weekend, no campsite reserved but we'll make do. Need a third so come on down. Email me if you want to hook up.

-------------

Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 1:55am
thread jack...sorry.

Alan..tried to send you a couple e-mails. Did you get them?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 9:46am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

thread jack...sorry.

john

Haven't seen any John and I'm guessing you aren't getting mine so I'll try again from my work computer today.

-------------

Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 11:36pm
nothing here this evening.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: LaurelLakeSkier
Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

thread jack...sorry.

john

Haven't seen any John and I'm guessing you aren't getting mine so I'll try again from my work computer today.

Kind of on the same threadjack.... Alan I also sent an email via the PM here about a YLM distributor I just got. Did that ever make it through?

Mark

Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 10:15am
Originally posted by LaurelLakeSkier LaurelLakeSkier wrote:

thread jack...sorry.

john

Kind of on the same threadjack.... Alan I also sent an email via the PM here about a YLM distributor I just got. Did that ever make it through?

Mark

Mark, I have no Pm's, give me a call anytime 630-209-3619 or email at the mailto:sales@actionscreen.com - office

Jbear, I don't know what the hecks going on, I've sent it twice.

-------------

Posted By: LaurelLakeSkier
Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 10:28am

Mark, I have no Pm's, give me a call anytime 630-209-3619 or email at the mailto:sales@actionscreen.com - office

Thanks....I think I've got things figured out now (with some help from Mallory). New coil should arrive today and will be finally getting around to putting the distributor in this weekend.

-------------
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!

Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 11:28am
Originally posted by LaurelLakeSkier LaurelLakeSkier wrote:

Thanks....I think I've got things figured out now (with some help from Mallory). New coil should arrive today and will be finally getting around to putting the distributor in this weekend.

Mark, Is the YLM new or used? I think they are set very conservatively in respect to total advance from the factory so be prepared to pull it apart. I can mail you the advance shims if you like but you'll probably have it dialed in before they get to you.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window