Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15935
Printed Date: May-06-2024 at 3:51am

Topic: Greatest flashlight ever
Posted By: M3Fan
Subject: Greatest flashlight ever
Date Posted: November-30-2009 at 6:10pm
I've been using one of these http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-65018-Stylus-4-Inch-Penlight/dp/B00008BFS5 - Streamlight Pen Lights for the past few weeks on some automotive projects and it is so amazing that I actually have to write a post about it. It's incredibly bright (the light output is amazing) and incredibly convenient to use. The "pen" form factor makes it incredibly easy to probe small areas with light and easy to keep on you. It's also incredibly useful and discreet for inspecting potential new vehicles. I used it to show a seller numerous little problems with the last project car I bought which really helped on the price. It's waterproof, aluminum, and individually serialized. Awesome product.

-------------
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Replies:
Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: November-30-2009 at 6:37pm
How does this compare to the fleshlight?

-------------

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: November-30-2009 at 6:46pm
I have one of those, but it has a UV LED in it. Great for finding oil leaks in engines.

Tim

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: November-30-2009 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

I have one of those
Tim

Tim,
Which one?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: November-30-2009 at 11:25pm
Our mechanic at work has one and likes it,but totally useless looking for oil leaks on an English car

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: December-01-2009 at 2:52am
I had a Ford F350 "icecream" truck for underground work...gotta be kinda hard to carry a ladder on an english car. Boy you must have better mechanics at your garage than we did Gary.

john

Hard to resist commenting on Joel "probing small areas" but I did.

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: December-01-2009 at 1:00pm
Great flashlight. I've had mine for three years, same battery. I always put it back in my truck glove box after use, and don't tell the family where it is (that's why I've had it for three years). My mechanic got it for me from the Snap-On guy, so I'm guessing it cost more than $14.

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: December-01-2009 at 1:09pm
On the topic of flashlights, this past weekend, Lowes had a deal on these LED flashlights with built in tripod legs. I've had these for a couple of years, and they are great. It uses two or three AA batteries (I have two different models) in each leg, but you can remove sets of batteries from a leg if needed elsewhere, and the things just as bright. It has three different light settings. The first one I got was about $20, the second $16, and Lowes has them for $7.99. The most handy flashlight I've owned. If they still have them, I highly recommend picking one or two up.

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: December-01-2009 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

I have one of those
Tim

Tim,
Which one?

Pete-

I can't find the one I have, just type in "UV LED" and some will come up on amazon.

Tim

-------------

Posted By: Fl Inboards
Date Posted: December-01-2009 at 1:18pm
I like my 6 D-cell Mag light switched over to LED. It also serves as a ugly stick under the front seat of my truck!

-------------
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0

Posted By: scottb
Date Posted: December-01-2009 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

I like my 6 D-cell Mag light switched over to LED. It also serves as a ugly stick under the front seat of my truck!

I have one of the 4 D-cell variety. For the life of me, I cannot get it to fit into my glove box though.

Posted By: peter1234
Date Posted: December-01-2009 at 5:27pm
I have a special light that we use to find oil leaks on older harleys   its called daylight

-------------
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go

Date Posted: December-01-2009 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

I have a special light that we use to find oil leaks on older harleys   its called daylight

Good one Peter!

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Print Page | Close Window