Forum Name: CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16170
Printed Date: May-14-2024 at 6:16pm

Topic: St. Johns River Run 2010 - 2/19-21
Posted By: boat dr
Subject: St. Johns River Run 2010 - 2/19-21
Date Posted: December-30-2009 at 1:04pm
Setting at the keyboard, too cold to boat....Old minds tend to wander..

What is the interest in a small swap meet ??????????

We have spoke about this before, just not enough time at the official events.

There is the space to do it at Parramores, we have reserved the pavillion there for the whole weekend............

Yeas or Naes

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Replies:
Posted By: Fl Inboards
Date Posted: December-30-2009 at 1:13pm
Did some one say swap meet?? I can smell-em!! Count me in.

-------------
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0

Date Posted: December-30-2009 at 1:19pm
Jody give me a call, all I have is an old cell no.

1-318-386-2825.......Billy

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: December-30-2009 at 4:07pm
Now, that would be great..

I'm sure to find some goodies to attend.

Dave

Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 1:54am

Just to let everyone know,

Yes, I am bringing out the 72 Mustang "The One" to show
to all it's family members...

And to line up for the big race as well.

Dave

Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 2:12am
Race? Do tell Dave.

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 12:52pm
Ryan, It was suggested last year that we should find out who has the fastest boat on the river. Headed back to Parramores campground from the glenn springs, those in the race made a run for it. No GPS to determine the winner; just a line em' up and see who has the fastest boat. The boat belonging to the Boat Nurse was the fastest in 09. Should be interesting to see who has the fastest in 2010', Hmmmmmmmmmm?

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 1:14pm
Dave if all you have to bring is that Mustang ,better find 10 mph to even get in.
We will have Show and Go,please be advised if Karen brings her boat ,stay in the show catagory.
Plans are to bring the Dart,having the oldest boat this year is almost as good as having the fastest in '09.
Tim there was a GPS used , Reid posted his top speed and Karen was faster, do not remember the number,I just know her Am. Skier was not built in '64 to go that fast.
Some times its better to be cool than fast.................

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: WakeSlayer
Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Dave if all you have to bring is that Mustang ,better find 10 mph to even get in

hahahha. At least 10.   Karen's boat is silly fast.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 3:38pm
My Apologies Dr. I thought that there wasn't one used. Just an all out drag race.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Ryan, It was suggested last year that we should find out who has the fastest boat on the river. Headed back to Parramores campground from the glenn springs, those in the race made a run for it. No GPS to determine the winner; just a line em' up and see who has the fastest boat. The boat belonging to the Boat Nurse was the fastest in 09. Should be interesting to see who has the fastest in 2010', Hmmmmmmmmmm?

You might want to refraise that as the fastest Nautique!
I can show up with a tripple digget Flat! Wanna race?

-------------
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 5:32pm
Okay Jody,I'll give you that one. I think we all know that this is a Correct Craft website and NOT some other racing boat website. We all know that the Doc's days are numbered and the American Skier's rein on the river will be short lived. We can see from his post that "Waitin on the Doc" will be coming so maybe............ "The One" will be the boat to beat.

-------------

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 7:13pm
It's nice to hear this being knocked around! If I could get in touch with Eric I might be on my way to the hunt.   

Heck, he's probably frozen...we had solid rain falling last night(southern boys run for shelter in these traumatic times) and damn, the shop was cold this morning! (jk Eric)

Billy, you'll have to get the throttle off the steering wheel to make that one get up and boogie!

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 8:15pm
Jody, No Nautiques in the stable here.Several CorrectCrafts scattered here but notta Nautique in sight.............

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 8:49pm

Jody, No Nautiques in the stable here.Several CorrectCrafts scattered here but notta Nautique in sight.............

Happy New Year and tell Chip the same and thanks for the package if he's with you. Out chasing woodcocks on NYE...what are they gonna say?

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

Date Posted: December-31-2009 at 10:56pm
Did you guy's think I was talking about an boat race...

I meant who would be the first one at the camp site.

The Big Race 2010 to St John camp site !!!

And if you believe that, then you don't know me that well.

Put the piece's to the puzzle together first. Do we have a stock class????

10 mph more.... let me see, the Doc is bringing the Dart.

I already know about the 409... NY Joe is on leave, Tim's family crew ??, so would I think the 72 has enough.

Or maybe I'm bringing a surprize to the roasting. Or maybe I already know a boat that is coming to be very very fast... And just maybe the owner of this ghost boat works for CC.

So stay tune my friends this thread is getting started.

Dave     

P.S. Jody don't let the cat out of the bag just yet.... let them smell the bait first..hehe   

Date Posted: January-01-2010 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Or maybe I'm bringing a surprize to the roasting. Or maybe I already know a boat that is coming to be very very fast... And just maybe the owner of this ghost boat works for CC.

So stay tune my friends this thread is getting started.

Dave     

P.S. Jody don't let the cat out of the bag just yet.... let them smell the bait first..hehe   

I hate it when he does that!

-------------

Date Posted: January-01-2010 at 12:11pm
IIIIII KNOWWWWWWW    

Date Posted: January-01-2010 at 1:32pm
Lets all try to keep the hype to a min.
This is not a reunion, repeat , This is Not A Reunion

This is called "River Run" for a reason,no hype,no stress,and everyone enjoying everyone else's company.Lets see if we can reproduce last years attendence and atmosphere.Maybe add an informal SWAP MEET to the agenda.............The Plan is NO PLAN.....................

Please Dave do not bring the dirt bike

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: January-01-2010 at 2:50pm
O.K. Billy,

I will not bring the bike. I will bring the sunshine for us to enjoy.

Dave the quiet one

Date Posted: January-01-2010 at 9:50pm
Dave, You did so well with the weather last year, Please Please Please give us a repeat .............
The water at the Glenn was a nice touch too, can you see if the water temp could be raised a small bit, 75 would be about correct........
All else was just fine............Hope for a encore Weekend.........

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: January-04-2010 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Did you guy's think I was talking about an boat race...

I meant who would be the first one at the camp site.

The Big Race 2010 to St John camp site !!!

And if you believe that, then you don't know me that well.

Put the piece's to the puzzle together first. Do we have a stock class????

10 mph more.... let me see, the Doc is bringing the Dart.

I already know about the 409... NY Joe is on leave, Tim's family crew ??, so would I think the 72 has enough.

Dave     

Dave, I've been on vacation but lurking from my iphone. So in terms of you making a splash in the races, if Team Seal is bringing an '09-409, should you not be worried about that? And if Team Seal is indeed bringing their '09-409 should they not be worried about ORANGE CRUSH?!     Third place is still in the medals though. But I'm not sure I see an official stock class race happening. It's brutal, run whatcha brung (as long as it's a CC) racing. And I'm sure Maddmarxx will be back this year with SkiLime in perfect tune after a disappointing run last year. And remember that quick little light blue '69 Mustang I used to own...................?    

And to answer the question about GPS verification last year, Alan was holding it and Crush topped out at 57.1. Billy was right neck and neck as was Marshall's boat, but Billy still had his extra rider in the passenger's seat beside him, which cost him a good mph I'm sure, so we gave him the nod.    

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Date Posted: January-04-2010 at 7:59pm
Carefull Reid I do have access to a Bass Nautique with a very much performance enhanced 150 Merc on it! It will go over 90 mph and we think proped right it will hit tripple diggets!
Also since PCM reissued me a new ECM for my 409 it now goes 54mph with two people in the front seats, no BS-ing with sitting people in the back.
So Third place Nautique??? BASS Nautique Maybe????

-------------

Date Posted: January-04-2010 at 8:44pm
A Bass Nautique would be quite a nice addition to the boats in attendance. There was supposed to be a Fish last year but they did not show.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: January-04-2010 at 8:45pm
How come Jody's 409 isn't fast like the Orange Crush?

-------------

Date Posted: January-04-2010 at 8:46pm
Reid has his own set of rules when it comes to boat racing......

Reid, all things being said , you tried every tactic to win that race.You would not do a drag race, you would not do a idle roal out nor would you allow a 25 mph punch. We tried every way "YOU" wanted. The final race was a 40 mph punch with 400 pounds in the rear seat of your boat and Karen sitting in the passenger seat, fair race playing by your rules. And all your reply is that "I'm sure, so we gave him the nod."
If you really feel that that the Blue machine or the Crush can run "Drag Race " toe to toe from a dead stop to max MPH , I will leave the Dart at home and bring back Karen's.But we will race by my rules this time,One driver/One passenger sitting in their seat, dead stop , with a flagman.
We can also sweeten the pot a little Reid,I wouls rather have your money than "the nod you gave me last year"It will buy gas back to LA......

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: January-04-2010 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I think the Crush is a one-of. The offical word is that the hull was tweaked to "perfect the slalom wake"... but i think it was tweaked for speed. It runs bow high like no other modern ski boat Ive seen! The orange overspray we found on the prop and rudder may be a sign that the hook was ground out to the glass and they had to regel a bit to cover it back up.

Just a theory!

-------------

Date Posted: January-04-2010 at 10:22pm

Reid has his own set of rules when it comes to boat racing......

Reid, all things being said , you tried every tactic to win that race.You would not do a drag race, you would not do a idle roal out nor would you allow a 25 mph punch. We tried every way "YOU" wanted. The final race was a 40 mph punch with 400 pounds in the rear seat of your boat and Karen sitting in the passenger seat, fair race playing by your rules. And all your reply is that "I'm sure, so we gave him the nod."
If you really feel that that the Blue machine or the Crush can run "Drag Race " toe to toe from a dead stop to max MPH , I will leave the Dart at home and bring back Karen's.But we will race by my rules this time,One driver/One passenger sitting in their seat, dead stop , with a flagman.
We can also sweeten the pot a little Reid,I wouls rather have your money than "the nod you gave me last year"It will buy gas back to LA......

Thats Right!!

-------------

Date Posted: January-04-2010 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I think the Crush is a one-of. The offical word is that the hull was tweaked to "perfect the slalom wake"... but i think it was tweaked for speed. It runs bow high like no other modern ski boat Ive seen! The orange overspray we found on the prop and rudder may be a sign that the hook was ground out to the glass and they had to regel a bit to cover it back up.

Just a theory!

Perfect The Slalom wake!! Thats good!
So the truth comes out! No hook, flattened rocker!! Yea! Thats how I got another 3-4mph out of the ski fly boats also. some one at CC remembered!

I will be bringing my 09 because I need to ski a bit as I have a tournament the next weekend in Bridgwater Australia.

-------------

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 10:54am
Sounds like a re match is in order! The Crush's hole shot is deceiving, I think because of the fuel injection. It's so smooth, it doesn't feel as quick as an older inboard, not nearly as quick as Marshall's Mustang, but it is. Both of those boats came out of the hole neck and neck when we were driving them.

-------------

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 2:43pm
Okay then..........changing the subject I did a little digging on the area down there round Ocala and it seems that the state of Fla allows motorized boats on the Silver River (IDLE only). It's most famous for the tourist trap Siver Springs, and many movies have been made along the spring fed river. Is there any interest in a possible river run up the Silver river on Fri. morning? The scenery is supposed to be fantastic and the river even has wild monkeys that have inhabited the landscape. Sounds interesting and fun. Any takers?

-------------

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 3:06pm
Sounds like a trip for the Sutton clan to attend.We are bookee at Parramores for Thursday nite.How far to back track from Astor?

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 3:36pm
Great idea Tim. We took the ride several years ago and aside from the all-idling part, it's a really neat cruise. Monkeys in the trees and all. The really nice launch area is just about 30 miles west right down Hwy 40 from Astor. Because of the potential time constraints and logistics of lauching and retrieving 20+ boats together, it might be a good idea to sign up a certain number of larger capacity boats with more folks in each. Might make for a better rolling party as well. Just a thought.

Oh, and as for the last years racing, I'm pretty sure the trophy plaques all say "Fastest" Boat on the River. Not "Quickest" or "Best Hole Shot", and which was our goal when running that afternoon, neck and neck for an extended distance. I don't think anyone was doubting the quickness and acceleration of Karen's boat. She was reigning supreme in those departments.     

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 3:58pm
Reid, did you think it was an equal comparison between the two boats? I choose to think that the scale was skewed a little more towards your boat than Karen's.But you lost , even with the extra 3 guys in the rear of the Crush,guess her boat was the quickest and the fastest.........

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:00pm
Sounds to me like the Dart may stay home this year.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:12pm
Only if it's an equal comparison this time.

-------------

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:15pm
Okay, you guys am I gonna have to sit between you two?

Can't you just feel the love?????

Reid, I think that sounds like a good idea. I know that those that can be there will be itching to get to the St.johns as everyone starts rolling into camp. I figure we won't be on the river too long as landing a boat is prohibited. I'm guessing you can enter the main springs but you'll have to watch out for glass bottom boats. Sounds like a fun trip.

-------------

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:15pm
I have a month to find a little more speed out of the old girl,but will not drag her there just to win a piece of wood.Got a wall full of plaques,trophies and pictures, I need money for fuel.

.......Remember Reid, Second place is for losers...............

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:30pm

If your not first....your last!

-------------

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:39pm
Chris, stop posting during English class.

-------------

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 5:25pm

I have a month to find a little more speed out of the old girl,but will not drag her there just to win a piece of wood.Got a wall full of plaques,trophies and pictures, I need money for fuel.

I have a month to find a few fatter guys, or girls (sorry Joe and Alan) for the back seat of the Crush, but the boat's coming anyway. Got a bunch of plaques and trophies too. I just need to have fun.

If I remember correctly, I don't recall Reid raggin' on the good Doctor after mopping up at the first hyped-up racing at GL '07. And I believe those races were run from idle too.

There will certainly be more fun to be had, and less doubt to remain, if the KarenCraft comes. But I don't know about the money thing as I apparently won't have a dog in the fight.      

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 5:32pm
What Reid no paint on that 1st gen SN yet?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 7:37pm
Well Joe, I did. But I failed to read up on the Awlgrip fine print where it states the product only adheres up to 60mph. First run ripped the paint right off, so now I'm going with gelcoat and won't have time to wrap it up before the SJ.

Where's Dave? I want him to know that we're officially talking smack now, and all the credit goes to Billy.   

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 8:12pm
Reid all this started after "your comment" that "YOU GAVE US THE NOD" not that you were beat fair and square, nothing was said for the last year as to fairness nor the unfair tactics you used to Win at any cost.
With that being said I will refrain from posting further on the subject, what was and what will be.
I will be bringing the Dart, better to have the oldest and the slowest this year.I do not need a trophy nor a plaque to prime my ego....................Billy

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 9:18pm

I'll sit back and watch this time..

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 9:28pm
Billy, quit acting like "all this" is bad. As for the nod, I believe you've interpreted my meaning completely backwards, as the intent was to simply state that YOU were at a disadvantage with an extra person up front, and had it been apples to apples, your boat would have easily been at least a MPH faster, instead of running side by side. I wasn't trying to take anything from you or making any excuses, but instead conceding defeat. I was giving a nod to you as being the faster boat, period. I'm sorry it wasn't clearer.   You still need to bring Karen's boat. xxoooxxooo      

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 9:37pm
As reported on 2-14-2009:
SPEAKING OF RACING: the Fastest Boat on the River 2009 contest was decided on the way back from The Glen, and while the water had calmed down nicely to a hull-raising ripple. With Alan GPS doing the recording, I was most surprised that the Orange Crush 409, with three boys sitting across the transom, registered an incredible 57.1 MPH. But guess what! That was only good for second place as the BoatDr's (or rather Karen's) boat bested the 409 by the smallest but definite margin to take top honors. Out of the hole it wasn't even close as Billy's 331 stoker pulls G's never before experienced by a mortal ski-boat, but I reminded him that it WAS a top speed contest. Coming in just a tenth or two slower was Marshall's 340 Mustang, with all three boats being within a 1/2 mph of each other. It was exciting. Coming in 4th but in the medals, was Adamt in his 302 Skier, as he was passing folks all day long. Thanks again to MaddMarxx for coming up with the idea and having the trophy plaques made.

-------------

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 10:21pm
Well just got back from the doctor's and come to find out he wants to perform and biopsy (hope I spelled it right) a week before the river run. He seems to think I might have the big "C" at age 36! Oh well, I may not be able to ski or load /unload the boat by myself, but I'm coming anyways.

-------------

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 11:10pm
There's some perspective. I hope your Doc is wrong.

Billy, you split a barrel this morning or something?

-------------

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 11:14pm

Ryan, after I read your post I felt real bad inside.

You know we always joke with one another on this site, but stop to think about bad things in life. And what could happen to people on this site in the years to come. That's why I live life to it's fullest everyday.
Even if people don't agree with me all the time. Some people say I talk to much, but that's just me. And yes if you give me a drink I can get silly.

But, the fun I had meeting everyone here makes my day. And in this world this site helps people everyday. So it hurts, to hear anything bad to an member.

If you come to St. John you can have a ride with me anytime.

I just hope everything comes out O.K. from the tests.

Thats why I think St.John Run is so simple. Just what happens their has no time set, just good food and fun with all in hand. "the simple things in life."

Dave The Godfather

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 11:23pm
        Bruce, this thread so far has too little for too long.

Been firing shots across Reid's bow, got very little "spunk" in return.So I just kept firing a few more rounds, got a call tonite from the other driver in the race. We will not drop names , but the shots seemed to have worked.

All is fair in love and boat racing

Where is the hype that should be happening right now????????????

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: January-05-2010 at 11:46pm
Thanks Dave and that's why I'm coming. Talked to the Doc(Boat) a little while ago. Still plan on towing mine down and meeting up with him in LA some where to convoy. I guess I need to put a rubber duck on my hood now.

-------------

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:17am
Yes, you guys can count me in, the ski-lime is running a sweet 55mph right now, a few gals of racing fuel and you never know, I don't think it will be a 1st place boat, but it should be better then last year, maybe Reid and boat Dr will wait for some of us to get off the sandbar before they take off this year! PS Godfather you can get turbo kit for around a grand!

-------------

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:29am
Mark,

I'll take your draft..

I going to get a cabin tomorrow, so leave your tent at home roomie..

Dave

Posted By: MartyMabe
Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:48am
Is there a trophy for the slowest boat? The ole' 66 might hit 40.It use to do 42 with the 1-bbl carb on her.

-------------
66 Skylark
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5041" rel="nofollow - 93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:52am

Marty,

If you come , we will get you something...

Dave

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:07am
Ryan,

That sucks to hear. I hope all is good. See you at the River Run!

Mike

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: critter
Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:31am
Marty,
Are you thinking about going ?
Cathie and I are leaving from New Hill, NC on the 17th or 18th and staying until Monday if you want to run down with us you are welcome
to come alone.

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:38am
Sorry to hear the bad news Ryan. Hope everything goes well!

-------------

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:38am
Trying to figure out how much the 83 SS will drink in gas,and then how much for a room.If so,it would probably be Thursday the 18th that would be fesiable for me.

-------------
66 Skylark
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5041" rel="nofollow - 93 SN

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Hollywood, I've got a big boy job now! No more english class for me, just slacking off at work!

-------------

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:41am

Hollywood, I've got a big boy job now! No more english class for me, just slacking off at work!

-------------

Posted By: critter
Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:58am
Marty,
I figure the 83 SS gets about what my 93 Motorhome gets... 8mpg. Per Mapquest you are looking at $360 round trip for an estimate.

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 2:41am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Is there a trophy for the slowest boat? The ole' 66 might hit 40.It use to do 42 with the 1-bbl carb on her.

I should have kept that American Skier with the 4 cyl 70hp Graymarine Marty,I'd have given you some competition,specially if I didn't clean the bottom

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:11pm

I will be bringing the Dart, better to have the oldest and the slowest this year.I do not need a trophy nor a plaque to prime my ego....................Billy

Billy, you better bring the Dart to GL next year too, otherwise Id have to beat that American Skier fair and square. Your boat is slow.

Reid, yours is slower.

Youre both lucky that I cant trailer one down to FL next month!

-------------

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:22pm
Timmy, do you need a tissue?

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:33pm
...or a jap slap back to reality?

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

...or a jap slap back to reality?

Didnt you take 2nd place at Lake George?

-------------

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:54pm
...or a roshambo into next week?

-------------

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:56pm
And what exactly does Lake George in 09 have to do with the SJ in 2010?

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Congratulations! Now I remember you said you were graduating in December.

-------------

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:30pm
Better snap up that stringer job in the BFN, Tim. Head to FL next month.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:52pm
Maybe he's been sandbagging everyone and has been posting pics of progress from a few months ago?!

-------------

Posted By: prosweep1
Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 2:10pm
I will have the Al Tyll Skier at the glen this year, doing a few test runs this month with her in st cloud, fl. I am looking forward to the race across lake george.     I'm hoping to also bring my 1970 mustang with the 273. If it's cold as it is now, these boats will fly.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=402&yrstart=1925&yrend=1970 - 1967 Al Tyll Skier
Former Owner of: http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=643&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1925&yrend=1960 - 1949
Utility Runabout Special

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Maybe he's been sandbagging everyone and has been posting pics of progress from a few months ago?!

Ha, I wish. It should be on schedule for a sping launch, but its not happening in Feb. I wish I could make the trip to FL, but its not looking good at the moment.

And what exactly does Lake George in 09 have to do with the SJ in 2010?

Well, I guess it doesnt have much to do with SJ '10, as I most likely wont be there- but I would think you'd be used to 2nd place by now!

-------------

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 10:33pm

Did anyone ask which boat reid was bringing to St.John ??

I got your back reid, the smoke screen worked.

Is Jerry almost done with the new parts in the Mustang..

Should set some new records, before one of these guy's blow a motor.

Date Posted: January-06-2010 at 10:44pm
He's taking The Orange Crush. But he's going the week before cause he's going to the Daytona 500.

-------------
66 Skylark

Date Posted: January-07-2010 at 12:00am
I know Marty thanks anyway, just adding some fuel to the fire.

My man reidp is getting shot at from both sides. North and south.

And its all because someone talked about a Big Race....hehe

I just love the warmth in here..

Date Posted: January-07-2010 at 10:51am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Well, I guess it doesnt have much to do with SJ '10, as I most likely wont be there- but I would think you'd be used to 2nd place by now!

You think Mark Martin's ever gotten used to finishing second? I doubt it. (Please don't ask who MM is)

I was only planning to take the Crush, and Rodney will probably be taking down his Moody Blue (72 light blue Skier). Speaking of blue, I wish we could get Larry Snyder to bring his light blue 71 SN feature boat down.   

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: January-07-2010 at 11:31am

Speaking of blue, I wish we could get Larry Snyder to bring his light blue 71 SN feature boat down.

I was thinking the same thing reid after looking at the home page. THAT is a nice boat!   

Whadda'ya say Larry? Are you In?

-------------

Date Posted: January-07-2010 at 6:02pm
OK- how about this

I meant to say Reid was bringing

The 'Orange Slushie' to the river.

-------------
66 Skylark

Date Posted: January-07-2010 at 7:36pm
It took me damned near as long to drive to work this morning, as it is going to take me to fly to Florida for the River Run.
This is getting old already and it is only the beginning of winter.... Windchill advisories tonight to -50*F

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: January-07-2010 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

It took me damned near as long to drive to work this morning, as it is going to take me to fly to Florida for the River Run.
This is getting old already and it is only the beginning of winter....

<--at what you said, not you

Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

Windchill advisories tonight to -50*F

If that's an advisory, then I'd hate to hear what a warning is up there! It's cold here and even snowing just now, but it's nowhere near 50 below. I'll think of you in the morning when I'm whining about my shop being so cold.

-------------

Date Posted: January-07-2010 at 8:47pm
it will be like -12* actual temp, just windy as hell. And, no joke, 2:25 to drive in this morning. My flight to Orlando is 3:02, I believe.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: January-08-2010 at 12:17am

Was able to upgrade to an cabin today...

Still have some left, so I would call before it's to late or you might have to use a tent.

Me and the wife are going for a road trip Sunday, she wants to check the place out.
So I will take some pre pics for the guy's up north..

Date Posted: January-08-2010 at 12:56am
Did I hear mention of they had covered boat slips to rent out too?Does everyone usually leave 'em in the water all weekend or take 'em out?

-------------
66 Skylark

Posted By: adamt
Date Posted: January-09-2010 at 5:35am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Yes, you guys can count me in, the ski-lime is running a sweet 55mph right now, a few gals of racing fuel and you never know, I don't think it will be a 1st place boat, but it should be better then last year, maybe Reid and boat Dr will wait for some of us to get off the sandbar before they take off this year! PS Godfather you can get turbo kit for around a grand!

My money's on the LIME Crush this year...

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: January-09-2010 at 12:36pm
2:35am......can't you sleep?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: January-09-2010 at 9:46pm
Marty, everyone usually leaves em' in the water for the weekend. Covered boat slips are $5.00 a nite. I left mine tied up at the side dock last year and wished I would have paid the extra $5. Would have been worth not have to towel dry the boat the next morning while everyone was hanging out on the main dock gathering round & buying up the T-shirts.

-------------

Date Posted: January-10-2010 at 4:14pm
Where would be the best place to fly in if a guy was to fly down? Been looking at tickets...found some for pretty cheap!

-------------

Date Posted: January-10-2010 at 4:57pm
Storm34 -Chris- I think I heard someone say Astor- but don't quote me. Past thread, maybe last years,I think is where I saw it. Come on down-- you can ride or drive mine.That is if you think you can handle it from the port-side !

-------------
66 Skylark

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: January-10-2010 at 6:31pm
Chris, Astor is just a small town. I think you'd have to fly into Orlando or Daytona.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-10-2010 at 7:02pm
Orlando. Check with Dave, he'll be coming from Orlando and maybe you could ride up with him and the "One".

-------------

Date Posted: January-10-2010 at 9:03pm

Yep thats me,

I will be coming up Friday morning and if you get a thursday nite flight.

I live about 20 minutes from the airport.

Just let me know if needed.

And I just got back from Parramores, I will post pics later.
Billy the groundsman was very happy to see us coming again this year.
Nice guy.

Date Posted: January-11-2010 at 11:41am
What do yall think about doing the BBQ on Saturday night like we did last year? Billy said they'd bring boudin and maybe other stuff and we'll do toothpick surprise and could bring more.

Thoughts? Ideas? Frustrations?

-------------

Date Posted: January-11-2010 at 2:04pm
Sounds good to me Greg. I like the idea and I'm glad you brought it up. Its only 5 weeks away and we've only got TPS and Boudin on the menu so far. I think Azeus brought the burgers last year but doubt he'll be in this year being in Ark. I'm in for something just don't know what yet

-------------

Date Posted: January-11-2010 at 2:15pm
Adam moved to AR?

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: January-11-2010 at 2:27pm
Yeah Mike he did. You musta missed that link. Here's the scoop.......

http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15060&KW=&title=any-lakes-near-jonesboro-ar - Adam's "Azeus17" new home.

-------------

Date Posted: January-11-2010 at 9:35pm
Anyone bringing a fryer?

-------------

Date Posted: January-11-2010 at 9:44pm
Ryan,

Yes, they had one last year and we had about 3 to 4 grills as well.

I think Bj brought alot of gear..

I'm sure they will post soon. Im thinking about bringing all the goodies like
plates & forks, cups, fixing for the burgers and dogs..etc

And of course some meat..

Last year we had alot of food.. and thats what makes it fun, to have different stuff to taste. Great time

Dave

Print Page | Close Window