Forum Name: CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16526
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 7:36am

Topic: 51st Masters and CorrectCraftFan.com
Posted By: Keith
Subject: 51st Masters and CorrectCraftFan.com
Date Posted: February-12-2010 at 4:05pm

Based on last year's display of the 1949 Correct Craft Dart at the 50th Masters, I have been approached by those running this year's Masters (Meloon relative contracted by Correct Craft and Callaway Gardens) to see if there is interest in larger participation by CorrectCraftFan.com at the 51st Masters.

As we all know, The Masters Waterski & Wakeboard Tournament is well known as the most prestigious watersports tournament in the world and the primary sponsor is Correct Craft(Nautique). The event began in 1959 at Callaway Gardens and is held annually during the Memorial Day weekend.

So, what is meant by 'participation' ...

Near the pavilion there is really only room for approximately 5 boats. So, I had the thought that with the new 2010 Ski Nautique 200 pulling the ski events, it might be cool to display the 'Generations of Ski Nautiques' - a representative display of the evolution of the Ski Nautique from the 1960's though today. Of course, we wouldn't be able to have one of each generation but perhaps we could have enough to make it a representative sample.

In addition, there is space to display more boats in a parking lot across the lake on the opposite side of 'the beach'.

Beyond displaying boats, there is a chance I could coordinate a group buy for tickets and/or lodging and possibly coordinate a group BBQ on the grounds during the weekend.

Although we won't be able to launch the boats on Robin Lake, I'm told there is a nearby lake which would be ideal for getting the boats on the water (Mountain Creek Lake).

So, I have the following questions for the group:

1. How many people are interested attending The 51st Masters Waterski & Wakeboard Tournament, at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA - Memorial Day weekend, May 28-30, 2010 with or without your boat?

2. Can we find five nearby Ski Nautiques to put on display that would be a good representation of the 'Generations of Ski Nautiques'?

3. How much interest is there in displaying boats on the opposite side of the lake throughout the weekend?

4. How many are interested in a day on the water (Monday?) at nearby Mountain Creek Lake?

I appreciate all your feedback.

Thank you,
Keith

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Replies:
Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: February-12-2010 at 4:18pm
Keith, I'm glad that all this is going through you. I'd be happy to take my 88' 2001 to be 80's generation SN. I'm less than 2hrs from Callaway Gardens and have been going to the Masters the past several years. My three girls LOVE going and look forward to it every year. I've been told that my boat was indeed a Tow-Boat for the 88' Masters so it would be a somewhat of a homecoming for it. Count me in and let me know if there is anything I can do down here in Atlanta to help you out.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: February-12-2010 at 5:07pm
1.My group will probably be there again as usual.
2.No Ski Nautique for me. A barefoot and a Skier.
3.Can do.
4.Never been there, but I'm in. I probably won't have any work to get back to by then anyway.

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: February-12-2010 at 7:12pm
I would be interested.

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: February-12-2010 at 9:36pm

WOW, what an honor to be able to do something like this.

And for them to ask CCF to be present at this event.

Well count me in.......

Dave

Posted By: critter
Date Posted: February-12-2010 at 9:43pm
I would go and pull the 80 but will be out of town   
Hopefully pictures will be taken and shared.

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Posted By: dominyhataway
Date Posted: February-18-2010 at 5:42pm
I'm interested, I live too far away to haul my boat though.

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: February-19-2010 at 1:22pm
We'd be interested, but my boat isn't really a prime example.

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Posted By: ScottZ
Date Posted: February-19-2010 at 3:36pm
I have a 1964 Ski Nautique that was won (prize) in the 1964 Masters. It is currently in restoration but I think I can have it ready for show then. I amd intersested in participating that weekend. Let me know Keith. I also have a '71 and "72 Ski Nautique that were recently restore that would be available. I live about 2 1/2 from Callaway!!

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Date Posted: February-19-2010 at 5:03pm
Wow, if we could have two boats from past Masters - that would be cool!

Looking for some 90's Ski Nautique owners. Anyone out there?

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: February-19-2010 at 5:14pm
Last year, my '74 SN was invited to be on display at a local Tournament.
One of the AWSA Officials walked over and pointed at the Fake/Reproduced decal, and said:    "You know, we have those at Headquarters"

Meaning: You need to be a member, to have the right to sport that decal.

Repro's have been removed.

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-19-2010 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

One of the AWSA Officials walked over and pointed at the Fake/Reproduced decal, and said:    "You know, we have those at Headquarters"

Meaning: You need to be a member, to have the right to sport that decal.

Al,
Did the offical actually state you need to be a member to have the decal on the boat? The way you stated it above sounds like a assumption on your part? I guess I'm confused because of all the years CC put them on their boats. Every CC owner wasn't a AWSA member!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: dwcar
Date Posted: February-20-2010 at 2:17am
DR CC

What decal are you talking about??

-------------
83Ski

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-20-2010 at 8:54am
Don,
The round AWSA decal that CC put on the hulls just aft of the flag?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: harddock
Date Posted: February-20-2010 at 10:32am
You should have responded with "Great news, If I give you my address can you send me a couple"

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4487" rel="nofollow - 1998 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Watarski
Date Posted: February-21-2010 at 8:10pm
I am taking my wife and 2 kids (3 and 1) this year - will be all of our first times. Won't be bringing boat, but def up for any other ccf activities!

-------------
1985 Ski Nautique 2001

Posted By: skierbrant
Date Posted: February-24-2010 at 2:48am
I would love to go this year but my daughter is graduating from High School that weekend and we are having family from out of town. I have family that is only 1 hour from Callaway Gardens.

Hope to see many good pictures!

-------------
mailto:skierbrant@aol.com - Brant Augensen
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1536&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1989&yrend=1989 - My 89 Nautique

Posted By: Dieseldawg
Date Posted: February-25-2010 at 1:59am
I will be at the Masters on Saturday and possibly Sunday. I look forward to meeting some CCF members that I have yet to meet as well as talking to members I met at last years Masters. Keith I would love to bring my 90 SN, but it is not the best example of a 90 "at least not yet"!

Hey Morfoot, Are you still able to make those carbon fiber glove box lids? If you are, I may want to pad your pockets a little in exchange for one.

Matt

Date Posted: February-25-2010 at 11:54am
Keith,

I did some digging and we're going to have to take the boats to West Point lake if your wanting to spend a day on the water. The Mountain Creek Lake is on Callaways property,only 175 acres and it's fishing lake. Unless of course they are going to let us use it for ski runs; if that's the case, then bring it on!   

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: February-25-2010 at 12:25pm
Tim,
No deal worked out with Gallaway yet, so you are correct about West Point lake. Thank you!

So far interest is a little low but we'll see how it goes.

At a minimum, I'm hoping we can get the 'Generations of Ski Nautiques' display coordinated.

Thanks,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: MartyMabe
Date Posted: February-25-2010 at 5:01pm
Keith,
Which boat would you need from me?
     The 66 Skylark ?
     The 93 SN ?
   Or just bring one of 'em and enjoy the weekend?

-------------
66 Skylark
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5041" rel="nofollow - 93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!

Posted By: slf144
Date Posted: March-09-2010 at 1:00pm
Definetly would be interested in a deal with Callaway. Family would love to go. We live about 700 miles away,so too far to take boat. Only drawback is missing Memorial weekend festivities on river at home. Looking to rent a cabin at Callaway beginning on Thursday. If anyone has a boat nearby I'm sure husband and daughter would enjoy a ski ride.   

Posted By: emccallum
Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 5:06pm
Keith,
Any new news on this? Just saw this post. I have a 95SNOB in very good shape, and I am within a couple of hours. I haven't been there since I was a kid. We usually have a big weekend planned on Lake Thurmond, but, I could possibly make it a day trip. I need to see if our local skier, Jeff Rodgers, is going. That may get the gang on board.

Date Posted: April-07-2010 at 4:11pm
We are planning on going to the Masters at Callaway. I have never been there. We are looking at renting a Villa or Cottage. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one is nicer and closer to the Lake.
thanks

Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: April-07-2010 at 4:41pm
Also interested in an update. Let us know how the planning is going.

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: April-07-2010 at 11:44pm
slf144 (aka no name), I can't recommend one or the other because I have never stayed overnight as I'm only 2 hours away. I believe that you can go to the Callaway Gardens website and see a sample of all the accomodations . If you have bikes then bring em cause there are bike trails everywhere. The kids took their bikes last year and had a ball till the tornado sirens went off. Bring beach chairs and a sunbrella if you got em and lots of sunsreen and your favorite cold beverage.

If your in the market for ski equipment they'll have all sorts of vendors with so-so deals on the latest and greatest stuff. They will also have autograph sessions with the CC athletes free of charge. Most of the time you can find Andy Mapple and Chris Parrish just hanging around like most of the athletes. You can just approach them and start a convo with most of them. Pretty cool. Overtons is always there givening out free T-s, visors ,floating keychains, catalogs. Polk Audio is usually there sling shooting T's out to the crowd every once in a while. The CC tent usually has all the current models on display for you to check out etc. My 3 girls always enjoy going and look forward to going every year. Nice thing too is that there aren't to many beached whales either.

Here's the link to the map of Callway Gardens. The Masters is on the Blue waters of Robin Lake.

http://www.callawaygardens.com/callaway/SiteAssets/images/main/callaway.map.gif - Map of Callway Gardens

-------------

Date Posted: April-08-2010 at 4:16pm
Thanks for the info Morfoot. I did check out the Callaway website, but thought maybe someone had first hand experience. It sounds like a good time. We are driving from Pennsylvania for a 4 day weekend. My husband has been an avid skier since he was 5 and my teenage daughter, who loves to ski, is very excited to go. We love CC and have a SV211. Although we are tournament virgins. We are looking forward to a good time.

Posted By: Rglover
Date Posted: April-15-2010 at 7:00pm
Was there ever a decision made on a group buy for tickets? I am about to book my campsite and buy the event tickets but wanted to check here first. Thanks

Date Posted: April-19-2010 at 1:30pm
I'm still waiting on group sale details. I will try to get details today.

Thanks,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: Air206
Date Posted: April-19-2010 at 4:03pm
Karras Klan will be there - 5 in all......... (18th year for us)

'78 Ski Tique if needed.........(I agree -Bikes are great for the kids.....)

Steve

-------------
https://tinyurl.com/y6t5e3bu" rel="nofollow - 04 Air206
http://tinyurl.com/9urzgls" rel="nofollow - 91 Barefoot
78 SkiTiq

Posted By: pmccook1
Date Posted: April-21-2010 at 1:45am
I'll be there the whole weekend.   I guess I need to get me a CCF Tshirt.    

How many boats have you got lined up to show ?    I could possibly bring mine, but how clean and perfect would it need to be ?

Will you have some type of tent for CCF members to come and visit ?

-------------
pmccook1

Current boat:1993 Ski Nautique " Purple "
Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental

Date Posted: April-22-2010 at 3:11pm
UPDATE: There is room for four (4) CorrectCraftFan.com boats at the 51st Masters. I will be reaching out to each of you individually with more information.

Correct Craft, Inc. and Callaway Gardens is offering discounted event passes and lodging to members of CorrectCraftFan.com. Please contact mailto:jabel@correctcraft.com - Jen Abel with more information.

Thank you,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: April-22-2010 at 3:47pm
I'm working out the four boats and need a 70's Ski Nautique. Anyone out there with a great condition 70's Ski Nautique that wants to display it at this year's Masters?

Please contact me - mailto:keith@correctcraftfan.com - Keith@CorrectCraftFan.com .

Thanks,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: May-06-2010 at 4:13pm
It's now official, we'll have four boats, plus the '61 Nautique from Corporate, on display at the 51st Masters - one Ski Nautique representing the first five decades this boat has been produced:

1961 - Art Cozier
1972 - Scott Zuelzke
1988 - Tim Morfoot
1993 - Marty Mabe
2009 - CorrectCraftFan.com Edition 196 - brought by Steve Karras

... and the 2010 Ski Nautique represents decade number six!

What a great display of the 'Generations of Ski Nautiques' and who better to make this happen than the great members of CorrectCraftFan.com. Thanks to Jen Able, all the boats will be under a large corporate tent right in the middle of all the action.

"With the debut of the revolutionary Ski Nautique 200 at the prestigious 51st Masters, we couldn't think of a better time to pay tribute to this model by showcasing each decade since its conception", stated Nautique President/CEO Bill Yeargin. "We want to thank CorrectCraftFan.com for their passion and dedication to the brand and for all of their hard work in putting together a pristine representation of the evolution of this boat."

Thanks everyone!

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: May-06-2010 at 4:23pm
Spoke with Jen this morning..........

Gonna be GREAT!!   

Steve

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: May-06-2010 at 8:20pm
Congrats to everyone.

Cool stuff.

Donald

Date Posted: May-06-2010 at 9:56pm

Sounds like a great time to display and enjoy the event.

Dave

Date Posted: May-07-2010 at 12:19am
Looking forward to it. Thanks Keith

Nice Avatar Dave. Great shot of "The One"![/B. Just who did take that picture?

-------------

Date Posted: May-07-2010 at 2:00am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

WOW, what an honor to be able to do something like this.

And for them to ask CCF to be present at this event.

Well count me in.......

Dave

DOES this still stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me know

Marty

-------------
66 Skylark
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5041" rel="nofollow - 93 SN

Date Posted: May-07-2010 at 10:55pm

Just drive the bus over me....hehe

To soon to answer your question, so I will leave it hanging for now.

Dave

P.S. do they have chickenwings..

Date Posted: May-10-2010 at 10:07pm
Hey......... Let's get a Roll Call going:

I had a great time with CCFan folks last year, Wanna put more faces with names and boats.... look forward to a "mini" - reunion.....

Steve Karras (Air206), Wife Val and 2 daughters...... who else is comin?

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: May-10-2010 at 11:25pm
[QUOTE=Air206] Hey......... Let's get a Roll Call going:

I had a great time with CCFan folks last year, Wanna put more faces with names and boats.... look forward to a "mini" - reunion.....

Steve Karras (Air206), Wife Val and 2 daughters

Marty Mabe,son-in-law,Brent Yates,grandson Bradyn and The Purple Rain(93 SN)

-------------
66 Skylark

Date Posted: May-11-2010 at 12:22am
Me , My wife, and daughter , staying at the pine mountain rv resort.

I'll have my new T'shirt on.

-------------
pmccook1

Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental

Posted By: Rglover
Date Posted: May-11-2010 at 12:12pm
Me, my wife (Tara) and two daughters. Also staying at the Pine Mountain RV Resort. It will be our first time and we are really looking forward to it.

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: May-11-2010 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Looking forward to it. Thanks Keith

Nice Avatar Dave. Great shot of "The One"![/B. Just who did take that picture?

Tim,
We'll all expect some awesome camera shots from you during this event...

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: cphase
Date Posted: May-11-2010 at 8:18pm
Hello everyone! New to the forum, glad to be here. Looking for another SN! A BIG word of CAUTION: if you take youre boat to West Point BE CAREFUL!!!! Stay in the channel and then you still take a chance on hitting floating debris. I used to ski/foot there w/ my SN and quite. Dont mean to be a party popper but I would hate for anyone to tear up a nice boat.

Date Posted: May-11-2010 at 8:41pm
The Army Core of Imagineers pulls the lake up/down to generate elec. and according to rainfall. They bring it down to winter pool starting labor day weekend and start bringing it up to summer pool Memorial day weekend. Trash on the shoreline starts floating out onto the lake. I have had a lot of great times there but I also bent the prop the first day I had my "85 2001" in the water. That was @ Holiday day use ramp. Please be very careful if you decide to go!!!!

Date Posted: May-11-2010 at 8:46pm
Cphase:

I see your a local........ hope to see you at Callaway. I am only taking Orange Crush there and back; no partying nearby. She will be safe.

Steve

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: May-11-2010 at 8:51pm
Steve, good to hear from u! My wife and I r considering going, it has been about twentyfour years since I have been. Would really like to go back!! If I do I would love to meet everyone!

Jeff

P.S. Love ur Ski Tique!!!!

Date Posted: May-12-2010 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Tim,
We'll all expect some awesome camera shots from you during this event...

Moj, I never never home without it. You can count on it.

Correct Craft has asked us to bring the CCFan.com boats on Thursday so we can get them in under the tent before the tournament begins on Fri.

Here's who we got so far.........

Air206, Wife Val and 2 daughters - 2009SN A.K.A. "The Orange Crush"
Marty Mabe,Brent& Bradyn Yates - 93SN A.K.A.   "The Purple Rain"
Morfoot, Kim and three daughters, - 88SN A.K.A    "?"
pmccook1 ,wife, and daughter
Rglover, my wife (Tara) and two daughters
slf44, husband, & daughter
Dieseldawg

Looks like a great group so far and I'm sure there will be more. Chime in guys!

-------------

Date Posted: May-12-2010 at 4:38pm
Mr.Tim Morfoot

1988 SN 2001-AKA--"Red Thunder" ??????????????

-------------
66 Skylark

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: May-13-2010 at 2:52am
How about this ?

SPOONER

Just trying to help

Donald

Date Posted: May-13-2010 at 9:13am
Easy there Donald.......You CAN be replaced!

-------------

Posted By: srbranum
Date Posted: May-13-2010 at 11:43am
Keith,

I may be able to attend if I get my stringer rebuild finished. It's going to be close. Do you need a firm committment from me or can I just show up if I can?

Thanks,

Scott Branum
1975 Correct Craft Skiier

-------------
I have to keep her running 'cause I can't afford a new one

Date Posted: May-13-2010 at 4:14pm
I talked to Jen Abel today regarding whether or not she was going to mail the passes for the tournament or was it a will call type of set up. In conversation with her she told me that her grandfather "Mr. Ralph" Meloon will be there in attendance. If any of you are on the fence about going then maybe this will give you more incentive to do so. Rooms at Callaway Gardens are almost gone so you'd better call her now and get your tix early. She also told me that if you show on the day of the event you could have gotten a pavilion pass (in advance) for the price of a beach pass. So bring your familys, your CCFan T's, your coolers and come on down for good time with the rest of us!

-------------

Date Posted: May-13-2010 at 6:44pm
OMG!!!! The entire place will instantly become Sacred Ground when he steps out of the car.................!!!!!... Just kidding...but I would like to show him my boat if it gets ready.

We would be staying at a relative's house at lake martin, Alabama which is about 110 miles from Cypress Gardens. Would probably stay there friday and saturday night.

It all depends on the progress of my boat. If I can get off the computer, I may finish.

scott

-------------

Date Posted: May-14-2010 at 12:49am
Scott......

Lake Martin maybe 110 miles from Cypress Gardens (I think it is a lot farther)............. but we will be at Callaway Gardens, GA..........

Stop there on your way by........

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: May-14-2010 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Scott......

Lake Martin maybe 110 miles from Cypress Gardens (I think it is a lot farther)............. but we will be at Callaway Gardens, GA..........

Stop there on your way by........

Good One!!! My wife was cracking up. I work at night so I must have been out of it when I wrote that.

I hope to get the boat I have been working on ready. It's only about a four hour drive from my house.

I am putting the gas tank, bilge pump and battery box in today. Hope to by carpet this weekend. The only problems I see are getting the engine in and some bearing problems on the trailer.

-------------

Date Posted: May-14-2010 at 4:04pm
Scott,

You aren't the only one trying to get it all put back together. I'm got my 86' C-10 torn apart trying to get it repainted and put back together before the 27th. I've got the new(rebuilt) 350 motor in it with all its' issues fixed now I got the bed, 1/4 panels, hood, bumpers, front and rear windows out. All I got to do is shoot the cab red and put it back together. Time is creeping on us both I believe.

-------------

Posted By: emccallum
Date Posted: May-17-2010 at 12:21am
Just got a call tonight from a friend, and I think three of us are going to drive down for the day on Saturday. I will be wearing a "new" Correct Craft tee shirt that just came this week. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys.

Date Posted: May-17-2010 at 4:49pm
Keith,
My crew and me plan to be at Callaway late Thursday afternoon with the 1964 and 1972 Ski Nautique. See you then!

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Date Posted: May-23-2010 at 1:28am
[QUOTE=Morfoot] I talked to Jen Abel today.........

I tried calling Jen 20 times this week using the number a girl gave me that was selling tickets and all I got was a busy signal. What number do you have or can you tell me if I can just show up whenever, buy my ticket and bring my boat?

Thanks,

scott

-------------

Posted By: 84SN2001
Date Posted: May-23-2010 at 2:49pm
Hey Keith its Brian Kerlin, I just baught a 1984 SN 2001. I live in Columbus, GA at Ft. Benning not to far from Callaway. The boat is in very good condition and all orginal for the year, but the motor has been replaced with a 350. My wife's parents are Kim and Bill pilcher, they used to ski at sea world and are very familiar with Callaway Gardens, Kim used to work there years back. I would like to take the boat and display it, so that way I can ask a TON of questions, as this is out first boat. Thanks   Brian      bkerlin1984@yahoo.com

Date Posted: May-23-2010 at 7:33pm
Guy's I'm guessing it's too late to bring your boat to the Masters to be put on display representing CCFan. Those of us bring boats have been in contact with Jen Abel via e-mail or Telephone. We have also had to commit to having the boat there Thursday night as acess to the display tent that the boats will be under will be blocked off by venders rolling in early Fri morning. I believe you can still get tickets at the gate and by also calling the Masters Tournament website. I want to say that they will offer you a discount if you tell them you a member here but don't quote me on that.

-------------

Date Posted: May-23-2010 at 10:24pm
Well, I guess this answers a lot of questions for me. Now I don't have to be stressed out about getting my boat project finished this week. I thought all we had to do is show up with our boat. I tried calling Jen about twenty times last week and got a busy signal.

So am I correct in saying if we don't have a reservation and tickets, we cannot bring our boats?

Oh well, I guess the golf course will get the money I was going to spend in Georgia.

-------------

Date Posted: May-23-2010 at 10:57pm
Steve, Well I guess you could bring your boat and come out meet and hang out with other fans. The tournament is going on and that is always fun to watch. If you bring the boat it will just have to hang out in the parking lot with the rest of the vehicles.

I believe you can still get tickets at the gate. It may just cost you a few more $.

-------------

Date Posted: May-23-2010 at 11:06pm
Ok guys, This was an invitation opened up to CCFan a couple of months ago. Keith posted about what this entailed and we responded. Then Keith in turn with Correct Craft,I guess picked the boats to represent the different 'Generations'.
He then in turn contacted us to see if we were on board. And the rest is history. So he doesn't know if this will be an annual thing with The Masters or not, but this is an honor for those that got picked.
So no this is not a CCFan event for a so called 'Reunion', it was an invitation only event for these 5 boats.

So not to be harsh or sound indifferent but that's where this event stands. These 5 CCFan boats will be displayed on the grounds under a tent provided for them.
The beginning of this thread was to draw interest in just if people wanted to come to the Masters then meet up on a lake nearby just as a little get together. But then Correct Craft contacted Keith about an idea of getting some boats together to represent the 'Generations' of the CC Boats and how they changed through the years.

So don't be discouraged if you can't get through the gate with a boat, because this is not a CCFan Event per-say.

Thanks

Marty Mabe

-------------
66 Skylark

Date Posted: May-24-2010 at 1:37am
Marty is right on..

The Masters is a very structured event. The placement of these boats has been coordinated and are really in quite a prominent display area. Robin Lake is very controlled and very small. There really is no place for many more...

That being said, It is a fantastic event! Great for young families to enjoy on the beach, around the lake or on bikes. Hard core ski bums can park in the pavilion and have front row seats for terrific skiing....

Come on if you can, don't worry about the boats.... but definitely bring sunscreen........

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: May-24-2010 at 6:17pm
Thanks for responding Tim and Marty.

As was said, this is NOT A CCF REUNION but the 51st Masters where there is an invitation only boat display featuring four selected CCF Ski Nautiques (plus corporate's '61 Ski Nautique and the new 2010/11 Ski Nautique 200) representing six decades of Ski Nautiques.

By all means please attending the 51st Masters and connect with fellow CCF members - there will be plenty of you there! However, there is very limited room for boats and all boat displays have already been coordinated.

The selected boats for display will be:

1961 - Art Cozier
1972 - Scott Zuelzke
1988 - Tim Morfoot
1993 - Marty Mabe
2009 - CorrectCraftFan.com Edition 196 - brought by Steve Karras

... and the 2010 Ski Nautique represents decade number six!

As Marty indicated, there may be another opportunity to display CCF boats at a future Masters. Last year there was The Dart; this year four Ski Nautiques from CCF; next year, who knows??

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: M3Fan
Date Posted: May-24-2010 at 8:25pm
No TSC1 represented? Sad! I guess upon re-reading it's decades, not hulls.

-------------
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Date Posted: May-26-2010 at 10:00pm
Ok Fellas -

Taking off tonight.   Email or get in touch w/ Reid or Keith (they have my #) if anyone needs anything or to meet up down there........

Steve

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: May-26-2010 at 10:51pm

Steve drive safe with the cargo.....

Just to let everyone know, I will not be able to make it..
Due to some timing of events down here.

But I have been in contact with the crew that is going and wishing them well on thier travels. But most of all I will miss seeing the CCFans.

So if anybody is going please tell them all Dave said: "Hey" !!

But the good thing is that I will have my camera man on the site to take all great photo's to share.

Tim we thank you for that... Get a shot with Marty grinning from ear to ear..   

Dave

Date Posted: May-27-2010 at 2:29am
My brother Drew and I will be at Callaway about 6:30 tomorrow evening with the boats. What time are the rest of you planning to be there with you boats? I look forward to meeting each of you.
Keith. Will you be at Callaway Thursday evening?

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Date Posted: May-27-2010 at 3:45am
Brent,Bradyn, and I are planning on leaving around 8 AM Thursday morning. 3 or 4 ish pm arrival time. Be SAFE everyone and see ya there!
And the surprise is I got us Nametags made.

-------------
66 Skylark

Date Posted: May-27-2010 at 11:59am
Marty does it again !!!! does the guy ever stop?

I'm planning on leaving around 4-4:30 so I should be there around 6:30 or so too. You guy's be careful out there as the GA DOT has already posted warning signs of traffic nightmares on Thursday. See you guy's in a while.

I'll be sure to post as to what's going on down there either this thread or a new one. Pictures WILL be taken I can assure you of that!

Foot

-------------

Date Posted: May-27-2010 at 3:25pm
I know everyone knows this bit I want to let you know that the speed traps are already out South of Atlanta on I 85(Union City, Fairburn, Newnan & Hogansville) and down I 185. Be careful!!!!

-------------
Thanks,

Jeff
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6549" rel="nofollow - 82 SN
http://www.archlinux.org" rel="nofollow - Arch Linux

Date Posted: May-28-2010 at 2:04am
Just a quick update on what's going on. All the ccfan boats are quietly tucked away side by side according to year under a big tent right on the main lawn. I wasn't here 10 mins before we started playing boat shuffle and had the truck hooked up to a new 200. I was very tempted to just "Borrow" it for a while but figured I wouldn't get too far. I saw Andy Mapple cruising round on a bike, Scott Byerly hanging round the hotel lounge and Marty said he has already bumped into Mr. Ralph. It's already sizing up to be a great weekend!

-------------

Date Posted: May-28-2010 at 4:54am
PICTURES PLEASE!

-------------

Date Posted: May-28-2010 at 2:45pm
Hey Guys,
Wish I could be there with you. Spoke to Marty this morning, Tim and Steve yesterday afternoon. Sounds like everything is going great!

Spoke to Jen Abel this morning and she is thrilled with the boat display. She is very impressed, not only with the boats but the people there as well. She said everyone is an absolute pleasure.

Great job guys representing CCF!

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: May-28-2010 at 5:35pm
I'm enjoying the live webcast over here... Ain't internet great!!

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Date Posted: May-28-2010 at 7:32pm
Watch the Masters http://www.masterslive.net/ - LIVE here.

-------------

Date Posted: May-29-2010 at 1:19am
Can't wait to get there Sat afternoon.   I'll have my flip video with me so I'll get some shots of the boats at the tent.   

-------------
pmccook1

Date Posted: May-29-2010 at 10:05am
The car is packed and we are headed to Robin Lake!!!!!

-------------
Thanks,

Jeff
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6549" rel="nofollow - 82 SN

Date Posted: May-29-2010 at 6:47pm
Andy Mapple just signed the boat!! I'm on cloud nine.

-------------

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: May-29-2010 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Andy Mapple just signed the boat!! I'm on cloud nine.

Kim, I hope you got a pic of that smile! <--after he changed his shorts!

Tim, did it turn out to be the boat he rode on in '88?

Sounds like yall are having a blast and making quite the showing. Please say hello for us and we'll look forward to the pics. I bet yall have those boats as clean and shiny as they've ever been. It's probably good for me that I'm not there to put a finger print on one of them!

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 1:02am
Here are a few pictures set from Tim's, Marty's and Steve's cell phones:

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 1:41pm
Hi ya all and Keith. I had a family emergency and had to leave around 8pm Saturday nite. Arrived home safely at 3 am Sunday morning.
Had a great time down there ,as did Bradyn swimming and drinking the whole lake- And I want to give a special shout-out to Kim Morfoot -for watching Bradyn for me for a couple of hours, man he wore this old man out this weekend--- Tim ya'll ready for a boy now!?
Again Thank-you so very much for that break Kim .
It truly was awesome and a great time was had by all.Just a few passing showers but no major rain during the event itself.What a beautiful place and hope we can continue doing something with the Masters.
Again Thanks to Keith for this opportunity,and hope he gets great response back from the Masters.

CCFan Logo on TV Screen but it's rolling up so I missed it!!!

That's all I got with my phone guys.My camera man was the one who was sick.

Keith can you tack on the end of the thread   'PICS' so people will know.
Thanks,
Marty

-------------
66 Skylark

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 3:39pm
Great pics Marty!! It was good to meet you yesterday, glad you made it home safe and hope all is well!!!!

-------------
Thanks,

Jeff

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 4:40pm
I meant to tell you Jeff-cphase--I lived at The Lakeside Apartments there on 34-I think- from Dec 2003-Aug 2004.
I installed the 1st digital cable for Newnan Utilities.

-------------
66 Skylark

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

I meant to tell you Jeff-cphase--I lived at The Lakeside Apartments there on 34-I think- from Dec 2003-Aug 2004.
I installed the 1st digital cable for Newnan Utilities.

Yes thats correct, behind the Texaco. I had Newnan U till about a month ago, great service for a long time! I switched to U-verse because I am an engineer for AT&T on the U-verse platform. Small world isn't it? Wish I had known you then.

-------------
Thanks,

Jeff

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 6:34pm

-------------
66 Skylark

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 8:58pm
Hey Marty, the one boat I came to see and you'd took off.   Just a empty space when I got there.   The guys told me you had to make a emergency run.

Me and morfoot were standing there when Freddy Krueger made the 230' jump,   We were both like holly smokes that dudes sailing.

I've got some quick clips with the flip I'll post up a link to youtube later.

-------------
pmccook1

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 10:47pm
Sorry, thought you'd make a Saturday trip. Had to go though, Son-in-law has to have an upper GI done Tuesday morning- got the gastricitis,gerd, whatever real bad. Sorry, guess you'll have to make a road trip up to the house 1 weekend, and you're welcome to stay!

-------------
66 Skylark

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 11:41pm
Yea, we got to the Rv park saturday but my little girl hit the pool and wouldn't get out.

-------------
pmccook1

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 11:42pm
Thanks for the pics Marty. Hope all works out good for the son-in-law.

So you used to be a cable guy? And we have an AT&T eng on here too. Lots of old phone and cable guys love these old boats.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 11:45pm
Heres some video of the masters.   link to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTGVV_BwIZM

You'll have to watch it full screen to see much detail. the flip video doesn't do to great long distance.   but you can see at the very end of the video it comes in nice and clear when your close up.
I realized looking back at the video I didn't get the orange boat in there. That thing was super clean , I want one.

-------------
pmccook1

Date Posted: May-30-2010 at 11:48pm
YouTube 51st Masters Video:

-------------
pmccook1

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: May-31-2010 at 12:17pm

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Date Posted: June-01-2010 at 3:25am
Damn Skicat,   what kinda lens and camera where you using ?   I can see the snot on that kids nose across the lake. And thats a long way.
Great shots.

-------------
pmccook1

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: June-01-2010 at 12:14pm
Who's 2009 in the water?    Jody's?

Who's '60's SN under the tent?

ScottZ,   Love your '72!   Nice!

Wish I could have been there.
AT

Print Page | Close Window