Forum Name: CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16664
Printed Date: April-27-2024 at 7:31pm

Topic: SJRR 2011 dates?
Posted By: skibum1110
Subject: SJRR 2011 dates?
Date Posted: February-27-2010 at 10:13pm
Are there any dates set for 2011? The Daytona 500 is the week after valentines day next year and bike week starts that following weekend.Im just trying to reserve my campsite for next year.

-------------
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team

Replies:
Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: February-28-2010 at 3:15am
Chris,

I think that they are going to do the weekend after the 500. Bike week could make it hard to get a cabin or campsite. Something to consider.

Donald

Posted By: Swatkinz
Date Posted: June-25-2010 at 12:26am
any dates yet for this? My family really wants to attend, but we need as much notice as possible.

-------------
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: June-25-2010 at 1:21am
I think it's at the end of March next year. Check with the Boat Doctor

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: June-25-2010 at 11:13am
Gary is correct in saying that we're gonna move it to March to coincide with the Mt. Dora boat show. Sitting round the weekend a bunch of us tossed the idea around to change it. The weather would be warmer as well as the water temps. Those down for the race wouldn't have to hang out for a week to attend. More stuff for people to do an opportunity to go to the boat show and possibly find much needed parts for an old correct craft. The monkey run on Fri for those who didn't make it last year, a run to the Glenn Fri eve, boat show sat/ run to the Glenn, and of course a cookout Sat night.
   I know the Doc will chime in and fill in anything I missed.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: July-02-2010 at 2:11am
We were sure lucky with the weather this year Tim,making it later would help.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: August-27-2010 at 3:16am
Any confirmed dates yet?

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Date Posted: August-27-2010 at 9:26am
Billy called me just the other day and we had this discussion. We both had decided that it was in best interest of the site to NOT start talking up next years SJRR til the Official reunions were complete.

The tentative dates for the 2011 St. Johns River Run are March 25-27th. This is to coincide with the Mt.Dora boat show. The weather and water will be a bit warmer, and more cooperative. Think of it as an OD on Correct Craft's and Woodies. Tenative ground central will be Parramore's Campground. They offer cabins,RV parking,tent sites, and have a facility that we can host the Sat night cookout. I imagine that we will stick to the slogan......"The plan is that we have NO Plans" but may try to have some sort of schedule. Monkey Run for those that want to go and of course runs to the Glenn Springs and some sking on Lake George. Maybe a visit from some friends at CC HQ and such. Mark your calendar now and plan to be there with or w/o your Correct Craft.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: September-19-2010 at 12:41am
Great idea. Patti and I attened the Mt Dora show this year and had a great time. Can't wait!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: September-19-2010 at 2:59am
Our schedule looks pretty clear! May have to burn some frequent flyer miles!

-------------

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: September-19-2010 at 1:42pm
SJRR 2011 is planned for the last full week end in March to coincide with the Mt. Dora boat show.This will only add to our event.
..........More details to follow at a later date......
The only change for 2011 will be on line reg. for members thru this site. Hope to see all that attended in 2010 as well new attendees for 2011.............See Ya THERE...............

info available @ 318-386-2825 The Boat Doctor
                 319-299-8547 CorrectCraftParts

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: September-20-2010 at 12:49am
Planning on it so Billy can beat me up.

-------------

Date Posted: September-20-2010 at 1:14pm
Tim, that attitude may be acceptable on this site, but will not be tolerated at River Run.
If you want to come and be a "part of" please do,if your reason is other than that , don't spoil it for everyone else.
Each year SJRR adds a few more attendees that want to start off the new year with a tradition started in '08.It will continue to grow with or without you.
The ball is in your court Tim, Keith will not be there to referee your behavior.Looking forward to meeting and sharing with you at SJRR 2011..............Billy

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 10:21am
I'd be interested to know if this event will be well attended by the wives and children. My whole crew wants to go but only if it's going to be more of a family thing. Donald80SN's family is planning to attend with him. Anyone else? Just don't want my crew standing around while I talk boats.

-------------
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 1:03pm
Steve I cannot say this will be an event centered around wives and children, but they are welcome .This event is about boats and the people that own these boats, entertainment of your young one's along with the husband duties are your responsibility.
All CCFan gatherings are family events,my Mom would feel right at home.And this is all we ask of those that choose to join in the SJRR.
As far as your "crew" standing around while you talk boats, there is a long list of "things to do" at Parramores.Swimming pool, tennis court,fishing, and do not forget the alligator rides.
This will be our first year using the later dates to include the Mt. Dora Boat Show, The Monkey Run will also be on the list of must do events also.
There is talk of a river trip Friday, North for about 30 miles, have a bite to eat , and cruise on back to Parramores.
The invite is there for all to come and enjoy a "kick off " to a new CCFan Year................Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 1:21pm
understood, boat dr.....thanks

-------------
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 2:33pm
Steve, I agree totally with what the Dr. had to say. There are indeed more wives or girlfriends there as a norm but the ladies are still outnumbered. The Godfather brought his neice last year and that was it for small children that I can remember. Adam T brought his teenage boys but that has about it for that age group. I think your girls would enjoy the Monkey Run but no promises that they'd see any. I've heard that some days you do... some days you don't.. Gators are every where so they'd enjoy seeing them in the wild. It's about a 4 hour ride round trip at idle speed so be sure the family knows that.

There has been talk about changing the gathering on Sat to either a different local on Lake George or at the entrance to Glenn Springs. It's about a 10 min excursion to get to the springs so it's a little more difficult for folks to leave just to ski/ride like at the two gatherings you've been too.

If we were to move it to the spring entrance and tie up there then if you wanted to go for a ski/boat run then you are already on the main lake and can rejoin the flotella quickly and easily. The only draw back is that this lake is HUGE and if its a windy day then it won't work. I believe we've got some scouts working on a plan or a possible different locale for this very reason.

STAY TUNED............

-------------

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 2:54pm
I think anytime we get together and it is not during summer vacation it is destined to be less than a full family affair. You will also have more people flying and spending less time as it is difficult to be away from the wife and family that long. That is not to say that we haven't had a pretty good turn out from the locals in terms of WAGs and kids at the weekend events just that those of us flying in will make them outnumbered. With the later date I am hoping this event draws some longer winter getaway family trips south this year, as it is the premier winter CCfan event. Compromise with the wife and kids.. a couple days with the mouse, a couple days on the boat.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

and do not forget the alligator rides.
..Boat dr

Holly Smokes, I will gladly give Steve my turn at the alligators rides. Just call me a giver and not a taker.   

Donald

Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 4:09pm
Joe writes....
With the later date I am hoping this event draws some longer winter getaway family trips south this year, as it is the premier winter CCfan event. ....

I do not think you can refer to SJRR as a winter event, all else I agree with.We have a different season here in late March , it is called LATE SPRING. With that being said SJRR is the Season Opener for all the other CCFan get togethers that follow......Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 5:13pm
Steve,

While the campground is really a neat place and does have the items the Doc mentions for kids, the fun stuff really about stops there for little ones..

Like Tim mentions, the monkey run is cool, but for 4 hours, there no getting out of the boat, no bathroom stops, no swimming, unless you want to play with the locals (gators)....

The run to the Glenn is great, the raft up, the cook out and the comraderie is second to none, you just have to keep in mind what's important to keep everyone happy and out of your "crawl"...

I think it was mentioned, If you have a high maintenance crew, you'd be better off leaving them near Disney, while you go hang with the boys..

Just my 2cents..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 5:54pm
Dave, do you plan a return to the Blackwater on Thursday nite......Is Mr. Ralph buying the first round of appetizers, your first one is on The Nurse and I.............

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 6:42pm
Way to early to call Billy... But man it sure would be funny to hear your voice going crazy looking for Mr. Ralph while getting 3 shrimp on a plate hahahahaha.... oh man that was funny stuff...

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 9:34pm
Its not that far to go to Ocala.Last year my wife went shopping there on Saturday while I caught a ride with Jbear.Worked out well for both of us.

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: September-29-2010 at 11:34pm
and me and the Lurker (my brother) sure were glad Gary joined us!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 12:59am
Yeah I know....look at those white legs that Gary is sporting. True Yankee in the south. You can spot em a mile away!

-------------

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 1:11am

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 1:58am
legs that oughta see a tanning booth before heading south;

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:32am
I don't think I can afford the Obama tanning tax,I'll have to get some spray on tan and maybe some Popeil's hair in a can.

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:34am
visit here first for a few days. Or work some OT so you can afford the tax.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:40am
Another 600 was hit Tuesday and a little 200 today.Could have got in on the 6 but it was again an all nighter

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

an all nighter

A favorite of mine...on a couple of different levels.

Can't believe you didn't stay and help 'em out. Better now than in Jan or Feb. Plus when they are giving money away it is your duty to help them.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:47am
Taking too long to recover.I can't figure whats happening,nothing hit all summer,now it's every 3-4 days

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:50am
Gotta love those contractors that are marking the cable!

Plus; I have not cracked that bottle of Beam that you sent home with me last year....saving it to share with ya!

After a visit here...the River...then continue South to see your Dad.

Got it all planned for ya!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 3:11am
Thats what I'm thinking and thinking about bringing the boat too.

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 3:13am
Sounds like a plan to me.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: MartyMabe
Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 11:35am
Gary

Just get a Barefoot suit and look important

-------------
66 Skylark
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5041" rel="nofollow - 93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: September-30-2010 at 10:38pm

Did I hear someone say Keith is coming to Fla.

Posted By: Boat Nurse
Date Posted: November-07-2010 at 11:22am
Time to move this back to the top of your gotta do list.......

Saint John's River Run

March 24/25/26 2011

-------------
The Boat Nurse

Posted By: Fl Inboards
Date Posted: November-07-2010 at 1:02pm
Wow! I will be back from Moomba by then and even had the jetlag worn off! Looks like Mrs. Jody will be available also.
Cool!

-------------
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0

Date Posted: November-07-2010 at 2:03pm
Jody, sounds like the same song and dance we have heard for the last two years. I hope ya'll do come this year, was a lot of fun .
Mt. Dora will be a "Must Do" but all else is do what feels good...We should arrive Thursday AM for the boat show, and be back at Parramores by that evening.
On a side note, Is there interests in adding a "swap meet" to the agenda this year ?That would give us time to post the Pro's and Con's . Any more input?????

-------------
The Boat Nurse

Date Posted: November-07-2010 at 2:24pm
Planning on coming again, but was hoping someone in OK,TX,LA wuld like to go with me and help with the driving /towing.

-------------

Posted By: Salty
Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 12:13pm
Okay - I am looking forward to my first trip to "The River"!   Tim sold me on it when we met several weeks ago (I need to get your prop back to you Tim!).   The boat show sounds great as does the "Monkey Run" - too funny.

I am definitely making this trip.   My wife and kids will be staying at home so I am bringing a buddy of mine - he will leave with the passion for owning a Correct Craft of his own!!!

Any details on exact locations of where everyone typically stays so I can go ahead and make reservations?

Since my history around Correct Crafts dates back to the mid 70's, I am looking forward to meeting Art C., Woody (spoke with him many times back in the day getting advice on our first CC), and the Melloons!

-------------
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com

Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 12:15pm
Okay - I am looking forward to my first trip to "The River"!   Tim sold me on it when we met several weeks ago (I need to get your prop back to you Tim!).   The boat show sounds great as does the "Monkey Run" - too funny.

I am definitely making this trip.   My wife and kids will be staying at home so I am bringing a buddy of mine - he will leave with the passion for owning a Correct Craft of his own!!!

Any details on exact locations of where everyone typically stays so I can go ahead and make reservations?

Since my history around Correct Crafts dates back to the mid 70's, I am looking forward to meeting Art C., Woody (spoke with him many times back in the day getting advice on our first CC), and the Melloons!

-------------
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 12:47pm
The "command center" is located at Parramores Fish Camp...Call Lori and make those reservations soon.
We hope to have a repeat of last years fun and sun along with a bunch of old guys w/boats.There was a mix of old and new there last year, hope to have a mixture of wood and plastic.
Food and beverages for Saturday nite will be BYO, grills will be provided, sharing is mandatory.
As time gets nearer we will warn all of the coming events.......

-------------
The Boat Nurse

Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Planning on coming again, but was hoping someone in OK,TX,LA wuld like to go with me and help with the driving /towing.

Ryan, when are you leaving? If my schedule stays clear I was thinking about going. I can find cheap tickets to Dallas and have a buddy who splits his time between dallas and houston. Would be a good excuse to visit my friends in Dallas for a day.

-------------

Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 2:20pm
For you new Fans that are planning on attending I can personally guarantee you that you will NOT be disappointed. I've spoken to many of the regular attendees and ALL of them are already fired up and ready for this event NOW! I would suggest that you plan on getting there THURSDAY evening if at all possible so that you have the necessary time it takes to do the "Monkey Run" on Friday and still get plenty of River Run/Lake George time. We got a late start last year as folks were lazy getting up and kinda putzed around. The launch point is about 45 min from Parramore's so that kinda got us a bit behind too. I would suggest that those of you wanting to do the MR on Friday, look into staying in Ocala Thursday night as the ramp is allot closer to town. You might catch a break on a hotel there as Parramores is about $100 a night for a cabin depending on the size. Might be a little easier on the wallet for some as we all know, times are hard.

Many of the newbies last year caught the bug and caught it bad and have attended several other gatherings because of the whole CCFan experience.Mark it on your calendar and plan to be there. This one you don't want to miss and if you don't believe me ask the newbies from last year.

**Post Edit**...... Of course staying up til 2 am Thursday night drinking beer and eating wings with Joe, Mojo, Reid and Paul didn't help a whole lot either and the fact that Paul went for a swim looking for Gators after midnight kept us in stitches for a while too.

-------------

Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

We got a late start last year as folks were lazy getting up and kinda putzed around.

**Post Edit**...... Of course staying up til 2 am Thursday night drinking beer and eating wings with Joe, Mojo, Reid and Paul didn't help a whole lot either and the fact that Paul went for a swim looking for Gators after midnight kept us in stitches for a while too.

Hey mister,I didn't see your hand empty when the beers were being served haha Fun day for sure.. We'll it would have been better if the monkey's would have slung some dung on Billy when we was up close hahaha..

Word of advise here people.. The monkey run is a pretty cool thing to experience, but it is a long day, so you have to get going early !!! Please note, there is no place to get off the boat period, so make provisions, or less provisions/libations, to allow you to make it through the day on the boat.. I also suggest consolidating boats, so you have less to launch and deal with in the narrow passes... I believe we did that to some extent last year but it still seemed we took hours to launch and retrieve boats...

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 4:22pm
Tim - where is the launch point near Ocala? I am looking at the map and working on the details of my trip down from Atlanta.   I am considering driving down to Mt. Dora Wednesday evening and staying somewhere there so I can hit the boat show all day on Thursday.   Then head up to Ocala and get a room there so I can meet up and do the Monkey Run on Friday - then head over to Parramore's for Friday and Saturday night.

Does that sound like the right logistics if I want to work everything in?

-------------
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 4:31pm
By all means one of you veterans correct me if I have the days messed up here - I prefer to be where everyone else is hanging out or nearby.

-------------
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 4:37pm
I dunno the 45 min drive doesnt really justify the extra check in check out and not being at party central on the night before to me. There certainly was some futzing about in terms of who was gonna leave thier boats behind and ride along... some understandable as not everyone knew everyone real well and heck you drove your boat 1000 miles and you want to ride in it etc.. We might have even had a boat launch and experience mechanical issues IIRC.. As for pulling the boats out.. well that was probably more slowed down by people running/stumbling for the bathrooms instead of running for the trailers..

It is all a good time. I am hoping to make a week long vacation out of it yet again and that others have the opportunity to take thier families and do the same.. that is easier to do if all the activities stay loaded towards one side of the weekend... ie thursday through sunday morning or sat afternoon through monday ..   Are we saying here that is basically a week before target or a week after target?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Posted By: dmiracle
Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 7:14pm
Thinkin' bout it.....

-------------
Doug

Posted By: bud@cmenow.com
Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 9:02pm
The boat show is no longer in Mt. Dora. It is in Tavares, which is nearby. Thursday is the day most exhibitors are coming in, so not a good day to go. A lot of boats are out on Friday for show activities. Saturday(March 26) is the best day. Sunday, people start pulling out early, because of travel. There is a good public ramp between Tavares and Leesburg 441, just past the Dora Canal. Hope this info helps.

Bud Sellers

-------------
bud sellers

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by bud@cmenow.com bud@cmenow.com wrote:

The boat show is no longer in Mt. Dora. Bud Sellers

Bud,
Although true, everyone still calls it the Mt. Dora boat show!! I don't think that will ever go away. BTW, it's still on Lake Dora!

Did you ever join the ACBS and the Sunnyland chapter?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-10-2010 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Ryan, when are you leaving? If my schedule stays clear I was thinking about going. I can find cheap tickets to Dallas and have a buddy who splits his time between dallas and houston. Would be a good excuse to visit my friends in Dallas for a day.

Likely somtime late Tuesday or more likely early Wednesday, if your thinking about it consider Love Field, it's Southwest's main hub or American which is Dallas.

-------------

Posted By: bud@cmenow.com
Date Posted: November-11-2010 at 8:54pm
I have been a member of ACBS Sunnyland chapter for years. I started attending the show in 1981 when it was in Sanford, then went to Mt. Dora and now is in Tavares, Fl.According to the Sunnnyland chapter, the show is designated as Sunnyland Antique and Classic Boat Festival on Lake Dora, Tavares,Fl. I thought it might help people know it is actually in Tavares, Fl.Call it what you like.

-------------
bud sellers

Date Posted: November-11-2010 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by bud@cmenow.com bud@cmenow.com wrote:

I have been a member of ACBS Sunnyland chapter for years.

Bud,
I see your listing in the directory. Keep up the good work down there.

To help anyone with any questions they may have about the Sunnyland chapter or the show, http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/index.php - here's a link

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-11-2010 at 10:40pm
Pete , March should be about the "correct time" for you and the wife to bug out of the North and make a trip South.
Bud,I have refered to it here as Mt. Dora Boat Show. My mistake, but thought the old name was more "correct"....

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: November-11-2010 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Bud,I have refered to it here as Mt. Dora Boat Show. My mistake

Billy,
No apology is needed. I'd have to say the only ones who call the show by it's proper name are the Sunnyland chapter members! Everyone else still calls it the Mt. Dora show!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: November-13-2010 at 2:30am

Talking with alot of people at the plant and making plans as we
speak. Looks like we will have some new and old faces showing up
this year. With boats of course !!

-------------
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....

Posted By: Nautiquehunter
Date Posted: November-13-2010 at 10:00am
Parramores looks like a big place any suggestions what section to camp in? Just to be clear its the weekend of March 25 right?

Date Posted: November-13-2010 at 10:50am
Mike, Where have you guys been? Haven't seen you much since Lake Norman. Parramores tent camping is sparse at that and they really don't have tent sites per say as you accustomed to. Most of the tent sites are in the center of the campground and pretty close to the bath house.

Parramores isn't all that big but more congested as they really pack the rv's in there. It's a snow bird community and pretty quiet there at night. Our group actually kinda livens it up a little bit. Correct Crafts everywhere on land and in the water. Hopefull they worked on the ramp a bit as it's got one heck of a drop off. Of course they water level has been down the last two years so maybe we'll get lucky next year. Hope that helps.

-------------

Posted By: Nautiquehunter
Date Posted: November-15-2010 at 1:58am
A lot has happened since Lake Norman. We found and bought a new house in Flowery Branch GA. Lake Lanier. Although its not on the water like Reid's its only 1 lot off the water and 1/10 of a mile from the ramp. We are still skiing as of last Thurs water temp 65 degrees still OK with wetsuits. Still hoping to get 1-2 more days in this year. We are looking forward to seeing all in FL.

Date Posted: November-15-2010 at 10:40pm
Flowery Branch is a very nice area.

Welcome to the south.

Donald

Date Posted: November-15-2010 at 10:57pm
Donald, you and your family still planning on doing SJRR?

-------------
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Date Posted: November-15-2010 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Donald, you and your family still planning on doing SJRR?

Steve, it looks like they are not going to go to the SJRR. However, I will be at the SJRR and I will bring my boat.

My inlaws are into camping in a big way. They are actually trying to sell their home to go on the road full time. They purchased a new fifth wheel last week. They are headed to Ocala State Park in January. The kids will have some time off for some holiday or teachers work day deal. I will be taking the family to see the inlaws in Ocala during January. The wife is concerned about pulling the kids our of school for the SJRR in late March. My wife told me this weekend that the inlaws want to take us to a place that you rent a pontoon and you go up a river and see Manatee and Monkeys.

My wife did realize this was the same place I was wanting to take them in March (SJRR). This could change, but it looks like I am headed to SJRR without them. I am going to make a reservation soon on a cabin. We can spoon together if your family does not go to the event. Ask Tim Moorfoot, I am a great spooner. We shared a place last year.

Donald

Date Posted: November-16-2010 at 9:29am
Donald, I may be up for the cabin sharing, but will decline the spooning offer. No hard feelings. I'm not sure what my family is going to want to do with this event. I would like for them to go, but am unsure whether or not they will have a good time.

-------------
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Date Posted: November-16-2010 at 12:18pm
Steve,

Do not knock spooning until you have tried it. Tim was a little scared at first.

The family would have fun. They would be about 1.5 hours from the Disney Stuff if you really want to lay out some cash.

I had a blast last year.

Donald

Date Posted: November-16-2010 at 4:40pm
Donald,
I don't want to give Mickey my money, at least not that weekend. Disney's a whole trip in itself so if the family goes, they will be with me at the CCFan thing.
Sorry for the threadjack.

-------------
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Date Posted: December-26-2010 at 12:17pm
Okay Guy's and Gal's I'm bumping this one back up cause it's the Day after Christmas and time start thinking about WARM thoughts and spring time gatherings. March will be here before you know and you don't want to be left out in the cold. Use your Christmas Cash and start planning and making reservations NOW!

-------------

Date Posted: December-26-2010 at 2:26pm
Thats a great Idea Tim. Lots of cheap tickets out there these days if you look in the right places.

-------------

Date Posted: December-26-2010 at 5:36pm
Can a Mustang be considered as carry on,what is the cutoff Tim?

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: December-26-2010 at 5:47pm

Can a Mustang be considered as carry on,what is the cutoff Tim?

Yes, it is but has to be on a Military C130 Transport. Can wait for the River Run.

Donald

Date Posted: December-26-2010 at 9:02pm
Tim - any suggestions on where to stay?   I may have 1 or 2 buddies coming with me so I might even be interested in a house on the water if there is anything like this available. Any thoughts?

-------------
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: December-26-2010 at 9:46pm
Adding myself to the loop on this one.

My folks will be staying in Naples for all of March. Is St. John's near Ormand Beach?

Looks like it might be the other side of the state, but if I could make a day or two of the festivities, it sounds like a fun time.

Date Posted: December-26-2010 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Salty Salty wrote:

Tim - any suggestions on where to stay?   I may have 1 or 2 buddies coming with me so I might even be interested in a house on the water if there is anything like this available. Any thoughts?

Salty,

Reid P. rents a house nearby each year. He may be able to help you out. Call Race City Marine in Mooresville, NC to get his number. He has another business that he is at during the day. Paramores does have cabins. Actually they are mobile homes with log siding. This is where most will stay. It is called Paramore's Fantastic Fish Camp. They offer day slips for your boat. You can leave it in the water all weekend if you want to.

I hope this helps,

Donald

Date Posted: December-26-2010 at 11:07pm
Salty, glad you are showing an intrest in our little "throw down". We would love to meet and greet another CCFan.
There should still be cabins available , call Lori. Late March is a slow time for them.......
Side note Donald, I think Reid is going to stay at Parramores this year, to be closer to the "action" on Sat. nite.There should be plenty to satify everyones likes.
Monkey Run is still on for Friday AM, for those that wanna.
Mt. Dora Boat show all week end,300 plus antique boats on display and in the water.
New this year will be a River Run of about thirty miles thru Lake George to a small town for lunch.This will add to SJRR thrill factor.
More details will be posted here as the time nears....
As in years past all money raised at SJRR is donated back to the site.
If we can beg , plead and donate enough stuff, we will have a raffle on Saturday nite. If you wanna help the site and get rid of some of those gifts you will never use, donate to the cause CCFAN is a good one............More on SJRR later

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-26-2010 at 11:35pm
http://www.parramores.com/site_map.html - Parramore's

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: December-27-2010 at 12:08am
Thanks Gary for the link.......
Alligator Heaven will be command central this year. It has a large deck and plenty of room for sign in.The meet and greet will start there and continue all week end.........
we also have acess to the rec room all week end, we have quite a bit of room there to display a few boats.There were plenty of slips but they went fast last year@5.00 day......

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-27-2010 at 11:47am
Gary, If you can fit the Mustang in overhead bin then by all means bring her baby!

Dave, kinda like Donald and Dr. have said...most stay at Parramore's as that is where all the non river action is. They have "cabins" on the waters edge which makes it a shorter walk to the covered boat parking but most cabins are within a 5 min walk to anything. Most will accomodate 4-6 Fans and some will sleep more but if you're like me. I'll sleep when I'm dead so no worries there. So book you a cabin and as Donald would say "Spoon Up if you have too"

The rec room is where we have the community cookout, and where Mr.Ralph gave us all a history lesson. It was cold last Feb so we fired up a bonfire, passed around a mason jar or two and just had and grand ol CCFan time rekindling old friendships and making a bunch of new ones.

A second CCFan SJRR soundtrack is in production as we speak so for a small donation to the site on site will get you one. Those who were lucky enough to get one last have probably worn it out . Well at least two have that I know.

If Parramores fills up with CCFans we might be able to spill over into a campground next door. It too is on the river and just up stream of Parramores. There isn't a website for it but its called. South Moon Fishing Camp.

Just google it and you'll come up with a address and phone #. I've only been by the place on the river and it appears to be a decent place. It is a fish camp mind you so it's nothing fancy and the "cabin's" are white center block but you'd only be there to catch a few weeks anyway.

Glad to here that some new Fans are gonna make the trip this year. You won't regret it and excitment is starting to build. We're working on a few surprises but will reveal them as they develop.

STAY TUNED!

-------------

Date Posted: December-28-2010 at 12:16am
where do I get one of these "SJRR soundtracks"? Never heard of these being offered before.

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: December-28-2010 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

where do I get one of these "SJRR soundtracks"? Never heard of these being offered before.

John,

Tim made them last year and I believe that he forgot to give them out until the very end of the event. Many had already gone home. However, I did get one.

Donald

Date Posted: December-28-2010 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I was gonna say; Only the cool guys got one so if you didn't get one then.......

-------------

Date Posted: December-29-2010 at 12:26am

I was gonna say; Only the cool guys got one so if you didn't get one then.......

Don't let him kid you John,more likely he ran out more cool guys showed up than he thought

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: December-29-2010 at 1:10am
I will be booking my cabin first thing in the am. Preferably near Aligator Heaven!!

Looking forward to meeting all these great people here on CCF!!!

-------------
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

Date Posted: December-29-2010 at 1:16pm
I am booked in the "Eagles Nest" right next door to Aligator Haven.

Looking forward to a great time in Florida!

-------------
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

Posted By: Keeganino
Date Posted: December-29-2010 at 3:34pm
Looks like a blast! I am going to try to get the time off to make it. Should know by next week. Any excuse to go to migrate to warmer weather is good enough, but it looks like this event is a do not miss affair! I cant wait to meet more of the fanily!

-------------
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4897" rel="nofollow - 1973 Skier

Date Posted: December-29-2010 at 11:37pm

Gary, If you can fit the Mustang in overhead bin then by all means bring her baby!

Good news Tim,talked to Delta today,they said bring it on.Seems that they have a guy in Atlanta who can fix the overhead or even buff out the boat if need be

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 12:09am
Too funny!!

-------------
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 2:54am

Good news Tim, talked to Delta today,they said bring it on. Seems that they have a guy in Atlanta who can fix the overhead or even buff out the boat if need be

Touche' Gary!   

-------------

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 12:57pm
.........Wanna have breakfast of lunch at Parramores.........

Buck and Caps restraunt will be open for SJRR2011

Available rooms at Parramores

Bass Bed.... 2 bedrooms water front

Fox & Otter.....2 bedroom log cabins

5 cabins w/ 2 bedrooms...........

As of today lori only has 11 cabins not spoken for.

Make that call now to avoid having to spoon a bed....

March is not far off, how many want to leave the snow ?????

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 1:36pm
I have reservations At Casa "De Guyer" about five miles from the river. It is a beautiful lakeview mansion overlooking two slalom courses and the masters jump ramp. Two ski Nautiques and all the skiing I can get done in one weekend! And a river trip too!!

-------------
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 2:19pm
Then there are those that need to be different. Ask Reid about staying elswhere.He will be staying w/ us this year.
No ski ramps or slalom courses at Parramores, just hangin' with the CCFans is reward enough.
But we get to eat, sleep and be merry and not have to leave camp site............Billy

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 2:43pm
Okay Guy's you better get rolling on this one.

Bream Beds is booked

Another Cabin spoken for, get em while you can.

-------------

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 2:44pm
It does not meen I won't hang, just meens that I will be turning a few bouy's in the fun process of the weekend. Parramores is a rocks throw from La Casa!!

Bring you woodie ski we can have as big spray contest!!!

-------------

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 3:36pm
Anybody into splitting up a cabin? I am fine with tenting it since I will probably be solo, but would spend a few bucks on a bed if anybody else is in the same position and wants to split the cost.

-------------
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4897" rel="nofollow - 1973 Skier

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 5:10pm
I booked the Mannatee Cabin on the water months ago. Not sure if I will be bringing anyone( I was hoping I could get someone to help me split up the towing/driving), but if not would be interested in splitting the cabin with someone. I know it is on the water with a boat slip and has 2 bed/bath and a pull out couch.

-------------

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 5:55pm
Cool Ryan I will keep in touch about that.

-------------

Posted By: MartyMabe
Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 5:56pm
Keegan, you can trust Ryan-SN206.

Depending on who's going with me, you might can ride with 'us' or 'me'.
Guess I'll be staying with The 'Godfather' although he hasn't said yeah or nay yet, says I got the standing- well 'sleeping' reservations with them while in his neck of the woods, and same with his family when their in my neck of the woods.

-------------
66 Skylark
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5041" rel="nofollow - 93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!

Date Posted: December-30-2010 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

I booked the Mannatee Cabin on the water months ago. Not sure if I will be bringing anyone( I was hoping I could get someone to help me split up the towing/driving), but if not would be interested in splitting the cabin with someone. I know it is on the water with a boat slip and has 2 bed/bath and a pull out couch.

Ryan, shoot me an email with your travel schedule. It's a long shot, but I may be able to drive down and meet ya and help with driving from there to the RR.

cmars(at)baproductionsinc(dot)com

-------------

Print Page | Close Window