Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18424
Printed Date: May-08-2024 at 2:36am

Topic: Brass Prop Repair
Posted By: starbucksdad
Subject: Brass Prop Repair
Date Posted: July-08-2010 at 6:08pm
Have not had a prop repaired in years. I live in southeast Ohio and own a beautiful 86 Nautique with a 3 blade brass, any suggestions..........Thanks

-------------
starbucksdad

Replies:
Date Posted: July-08-2010 at 6:12pm
P.S. no good boat shops in my area.......

-------------
starbucksdad

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: July-08-2010 at 6:28pm
Try one of or sponsors Delta Propeller. They have a link in that section. Many have had good luck with them.

BTW, never take a prop to a marina. They simply send it out to a prop shop and then mark up the cost!!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: July-08-2010 at 6:29pm
New England Propeller in Plymouth Mass charge $138.00 and do a great job. They know inboard props. We've used them for years

-------------

Posted By: C-Bass
Date Posted: July-08-2010 at 6:40pm
Literally just got off the phone with Delta...they're in Cincy, and they said it's $105 for a typical repair plus the cost of shipping.

-------------
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6103" rel="nofollow - 99 Sport
85SN

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: July-09-2010 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

New England Propeller in Plymouth Mass charge $138.00 and do a great job. They know inboard props. We've used them for years

Bruce,
You must know where all the rocks and stumps are in your lake!! I honestly don't remember when the last time was I sent in one of my props! The only recent incidence I had a couple years ago was thowing a blade on the Atom. I never got a replacement and am just running the lesser pitch spare.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: FUN-9C1
Date Posted: July-09-2010 at 10:34am
When I bought my boat, the prop was a little dinged up on the outside, and a little material missing toward the center. I had it redone locally at a reputable shop in Maine. I also bought a new one and although they did seem to do a pretty nice job on the old one, the new one (identical repalcement) gets me about another 3 mph and is smoother. Food for thought...

-------------
'86 2001
'50 Century Imperial Sportsman

Posted By: GottaSki
Date Posted: July-09-2010 at 11:16am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

They simply send it out to a prop shop and then mark up the cost!!!

And, i've observed one often doesn't end up with their own prop back, but somebody else's!

-------------
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: July-09-2010 at 11:30am
Carl, I've used delta props for rudder and prop repair on 3 different occassions. Been VERY happy with the quality and quickness of their work. They support the site and give us a a discount. I highly recommend them.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: July-09-2010 at 3:53pm
Brain fade, forgot about the links page. Delta will be my repair shop.Thanks to everyone

-------------
starbucksdad

Print Page | Close Window