Printed Date: May-03-2024 at 3:09am

Topic: Sport Nautique 200 Sneak Peak Video
Posted By: raygunclan
Subject: Sport Nautique 200 Sneak Peak Video
Date Posted: August-03-2010 at 6:16pm
Check out the new boat - looks sweet.
http://www.nautiques.com/videos/index/sport-nautique-200-sneak-peak

-------------
who needs a mortgage when you have a boat!?!?

Replies:
Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: August-03-2010 at 6:52pm
I turned it off when I saw the tube!

Wait till they release the new TUBE-TIQUE 200 in 2011, sure to be a hit!

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Posted By: C-Bass
Date Posted: August-03-2010 at 7:00pm
Looks like it would make a great family boat. That slalom wake looked terrific, let alone for a v-drive. The removable pylon doesn't look as sturdy though, look how much that thing is flexing side to side when the skier pulls.

Overall I'm sure people will love that boat as an all-around great boat.

-------------
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6103" rel="nofollow - 99 Sport
85SN

Posted By: soozeq
Date Posted: August-03-2010 at 7:00pm
haha! spoken like a guy who doesn't have kids.
we have almost as much fun tossin' our kids around the lake as we do on our boards.

Date Posted: August-03-2010 at 7:15pm
There will be plenty on here with kids who will bash tubing.

I don't have kids, but I won't bash tubing. I prefer to slalom 100x more, but tubing has it's place, especially with friends who don't feel like learning how to ski when they're only going to be able to try it 2x a year.

-------------
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6103" rel="nofollow - 99 Sport
85SN

Posted By: raygunclan
Date Posted: August-03-2010 at 7:16pm
Our day starts with the kids on the tube. Then wakeboard, wakesurf and even carry a kneeboard on the boat just incase :) At lunch the kids float on the tube and eat - helps keep the food out of the boat :)
200 looks nice - wish I could drop the rope when I wakesurf...

-------------
who needs a mortgage when you have a boat!?!?

Date Posted: August-03-2010 at 7:20pm
oh, no. i meant that for sn206.
and i agree, something for everyone. i'm not coordinated enough to slalom so i usually stick to wakeboarding. all of my kids wakeboard and are now getting into wakesurfing but they all also love to tube. in fact, we're having a birthday party this weekend and all of the kids can't wait to tube. i'm not sure why people hate it so much.

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 3:51am
The pylon flex does not appear to be abnormal to me, any good skier will flex that pylon when they are tearing it up. As far as the tube's, CC would be insane not to include it from a marketing stand point, look at the latest Overton's, Barts, or whatever catalog these days, there are more pages devoted to towable inflatables then anything else, that also is more and more evident on the public waterway's I have been on this year.

As far as the Tube dislike, from my perspective it's more about the complacency of today's water sports participants, fewer people are willing to put in the effort to learn the more complex disciplines, trick, slalom/skiing, barefoot, etc., they want the instant gratification that takes zero skill.

Miss the day's of wood ski's and cut broom handles at the end of the line.

Regarding the Sport 200, it really appears to be the closest any manufacturer has ever come to a true crossover boat.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: TX Foilhead
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 4:09am
I like it, should be affordable about the time I retire. Tubing takes just as much effort and skill as the Next worst thing on the water, the sit down PWC. Anyone who has an inboard should have a boom to teach the kids something, then you don't need the tube.   My 9 year old can ski, foil and kneeboard and he has to help teach all his friends so he has someone to ride with, works great nobody even asks about tubing. Any one can get up holding on to the boom so even those we only see on e or twice a summer can do something first time they come out.

Posted By: Swatkinz
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 10:55am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Regarding the Sport 200, it really appears to be the closest any manufacturer has ever come to a true crossover boat.

I had 2 Malibu VTXs and they are great crossover boats, but quality was an issue with both. I'll predict that the Sport 200 will be a great seller.

-------------
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)

Posted By: 63CCSN
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 2:28pm
A "crossover boat" that performs really well at all the different activites that folks want to use a crossover for, has been the holy grail of the watersports boat industry. To date "crossover boat" should have been called "compromise boat".

But,if it's a great family V-drive, that performs for the kids, the wakeboarders, surfers, and skaters, that also skis really really well... they are on to something.

If this boat can take the crew AND skis as well as or better than boats like the Mastercraft 214, Moomba Outback, Malibu Response FXI, etc. (all of which are bigger heavier boats, focused at families due to their size...not really their performance/ski wake)... then I think Nautique really has a winner with this boat.

They gotta start using boats with better color layouts for the videos though. That color scheme didn't do anything for me with launch video of the Nautique 200 and I still think it's butt ugly. LOL.

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 3:08pm
I guess I apologize if I offended any tubers out there. The rationale behind my statement was that CC's and Nautiques are specific in their design for a specific discipline of sport. I just don't see the discipline behind a tube. I know that CC's have not always been strictly a ski boat, and that part of that history has unfortunately been left behind. In fact I would love to see limited addition CC/Nautique throwback wood boat come out with modern equipment. As far as the tube, any brand boat will pull one and that’s O.K. As far as the A-Holes who pull them into the deepest of coves and screw up the butter for everyone, not O.K.

-------------

Posted By: MI-nick
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 3:14pm
[QUOTE=raygunclan] Our day starts with the kids on the tube.QUOTE]

seriously?? so, you like to f up the whole lake and then go wakeboarding??

-------------
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...

Posted By: MI-nick
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by soozeq soozeq wrote:

i'm not sure why people hate it so much.

the boat drives erratically, sends rollers all over the place, requires no skill, just plain annoying.

tubing should only be allowed between the hours of 2 and 4PM...same with sit down jet skis (stand ups are ok).

and the 200 sport looks pretty sweet.

-------------
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 4:04pm
i guess we just didn't realize that you owned the lake.
i know that my kids enjoy doing more than one thing all day long. so we like to tube, we like to wakeboard, we like to wakesurf. if there are people in a cove, we certainly avoid that area, but i'm not going to bring my boat to a complete stop because someone is skiing across the lake.
i'm pretty sure that the point of the boat is to have fun. not everyone is a world class skier like you clearly are. so what if it requires no skill. the kids have a blast and that is why we have a boat, to give our kids something that they enjoy. they not only love to go out on the boat with their parents, they love to invite their friends out on the boat. i know where they are, what they are doing and who they are doing it with and we are all having a great time. true, there is no skill to holding onto a tube, but my kids are being kids and that is what it is all about for us.
206- i didn't even mean to make you feel bad. i meant it as a joke and clearly an unsuccessful one at that! i would say that there are a minimum of 50 correct crafts on our lakes. i would bet dollars to donuts that the only ones who don't own a tube are the ones who don't have children under the age of 12. and that was my point. certainly not to get into a pissing match about the glory of the tube.

all that being said, i really like the look of the boat. i like the color and the graphics. i especially love that teak-look deck. i also love the old school boats and really think that the brown decking (i know that there is a specific name for it, but i don't know it.) is a great throw-back look.

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 4:26pm
I have a feeling most of the people on this site that pull tubers are not the same "tubers" that piss everyone off. The ones that piss everyone off are the ignorant ones who will whip around on a perfect glassy cove right in front of a skier/rider ready to make a pass, and who generally just have no etiquette.

-------------
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
85SN

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 4:30pm
soozeq,
No offence taken and further more welcome to the sight. Try to take some time to update your profile with at least your first name and location. You might be surprised how many of your neighbors are CCF's. Lastly, I guess my thing is not with the tubes, but more with the walley drivers. Many of times we will have butter to ski on, a handle in the water, and a footer ready to go and some idiot will come trolling by with a tube sending rollers when he has all the lake and the roughest water to do that in. It's called being courteous, hell if I see another footer, slalom, or wakeboarder pulling some cool tricks I'll shut it down to idle or stop and enjoy the show.

-------------

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 4:43pm
Anyone notice that Correct Craft branding is non-existent in the video?

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 4:52pm
Noticed that on last years video. You won't find it anywhere on the last few years of boats either, except for the crush kinda.

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 5:31pm

there is no skill to holding onto a tube, but my kids are being kids and that is what it is all about for us.
i would bet dollars to donuts that the only ones who don't own a tube are the ones who don't have children under the age of 12. and that was my point. certainly not to get into a pissing match about the glory of the tube.

What's this about 12 years of age?? Kids under 12 don't ski?
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14181&PN=1&title=get-the-kids-out-on-the-water - get the kids out on the water

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

BKH

I think it's been headed this way for a while...and my feeling is it'll soon be a thing of the past.

Nautiques is easier and cooler....I suppose.

-------------
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
85SN

Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

BKH

Nautiques is easier and cooler....I suppose.

I wonder what WM would think about that?

-------------

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

i would bet dollars to donuts that the only ones who don't own a tube are the ones who don't have children under the age of 12.

What's this about 12 years of age?? Kids under 12 don't ski?
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14181&PN=1&title=get-the-kids-out-on-the-water - get the kids out on the water

At age 14 you are on the "senior" team with the Aquanuts. Minimum age is 8 for JRs, and not because they can't ski, but because it's a safety issue. Many other teams are not large enough to split, they have 12 yr olds topping 4 high pyramids and skiing beyond any level I'll ever reach.

-------------

Posted By: akabulla
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 11:17pm
I guess it has ballast tanks?

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

At age 14 you are on the "senior" team with the Aquanuts. Minimum age is 8 for JRs, and not because they can't ski. they have 12 yr olds topping 4 high pyramids and skiing beyond any level I'll ever reach.

From what I hear HW they are thinking about moving you up to the Senior team, Way to Go!!!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: Luchog
Date Posted: August-04-2010 at 11:58pm
Did anyone notice how high and straight this boat rides on the water?

is there any picture of the bottom of this boat?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2095" rel="nofollow - 1980 Ski Nautique

Commander 351W

Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 12:30am
Thought the video said it was the same hull as the SN200, pic's of the hull are available at the wesite.

-------------

Posted By: Luchog
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 12:45am
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

pic's of the hull are available at the wesite.

Please enlight me

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2095" rel="nofollow - 1980 Ski Nautique

Commander 351W

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 12:45am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

At age 14 you are on the "senior" team with the Aquanuts. Minimum age is 8 for JRs, and not because they can't ski. they have 12 yr olds topping 4 high pyramids and skiing beyond any level I'll ever reach.

From what I hear HW they are thinking about moving you up to the Senior team, Way to Go!!!

I thought he was doing girls pyramid now! It sure would be a advance in his carrier!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: bhectus
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 1:11am

The rationale behind my statement was that CC's and Nautiques are specific in their design for a specific discipline of sport.

hmmm, coming from a guy that owns a slalom boat and put a wakeboard tower on it?.....

-------------
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 1:16am
Towers are good for lots of things, especially resale value.

Posted By: bhectus
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 1:26am
Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

Towers are good for lots of things, especially resale value.

I don't disagree, but there are lots of old schoolers on here who will beg to differ. I was just messing w/ him anyway, his boat is badass!

-------------
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 1:33am
Resale value is a bonus, tower funtion working on long lines helps, a Fly High tower extention this weekend and trying some ADV's. Priceless

-------------

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 2:47am
That boat is fugly.... but damn it looks useful.. great looking slalom wake and still able to board, and surf... I can see the market.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 10:37am
Ryan, remember if there is no video then it didn't happen.

Posted By: 05 210
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 10:54am
   I'm with Joe. Seems like a great concept,and if it's a slight compromise for each discipline who cares...the average skill level person will never know. Problem is, I can't get past the looks.

Mike

-------------
http:/diaries/details.asp?ID=2219" rel="nofollow - Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 11:58am
I'm with Don.

-------------

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 12:02pm
Whats the MSRP on the 200 sport?

I think its an ugly boat.

-------------

Posted By: AllianceBJJ
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 12:45pm
Hey Ryan, sent you a PM about some Lake Murray info..Give me a shout when you get a chance...

-------------
2013 G23

2012 SANTE 230 - sold

2011 SANTE 230 - Sold

2010 SANTE 210 - sold

2006 SANTE 210 - sold

Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by AllianceBJJ AllianceBJJ wrote:

Hey Ryan, sent you a PM about some Lake Murray info..Give me a shout when you get a chance...

Lost my phone and with that most of my contacts. I'll be flying into DFW and arriving @ 12:00. Give me a call @ 817-933-0105.

-------------

Posted By: robertbruder
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 8:27pm
Did the Sport Nautique ever really go anywhere?

If I understand correctly, there was a great boat from 1989 - approx 2000 (1993 - 2000 if you only count the second generation) called the Sport Nautique.

That boat eventually got re-branded as the Crossover Nautique.

So now we can go back to calling the entry level Crossover Nautique buy it's true name?

-------------
Current: 1988 Sierra Supreme
Past: 1986 Correct Craft Martinique, 1984 Ski Supreme, 1984 Bare Foot Nautique

Posted By: Nautique2001
Date Posted: August-05-2010 at 10:01pm
I love it. It's a Correct Craft. Awesome family machine.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Posted By: Randy_in_Ohio
Date Posted: August-06-2010 at 3:22pm
I like it too. I'm happy to see they brought back the name.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1602&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995" rel="nofollow - 1993 Sport Nautique

Posted By: kapla
Date Posted: August-06-2010 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

Anyone got an idea?

-------------
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Date Posted: August-06-2010 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

I like it too. I'm happy to see they brought back the name.

Wish they would bring back another name that comes to mind.

-------------

Date Posted: August-06-2010 at 3:56pm

Wish they would bring back another name that comes to mind.

I know right. Isn't it annoying how they use the Correct Craft branding on everything. Why not throw a couple of Nautique decals on there.

-------------

Posted By: harddock
Date Posted: August-06-2010 at 3:58pm
-1 on tubers. I have never seen one that dosen't drive like they are the only ones out there and that they own the lake. They are usually either 1/2 drunk or tourists. Either way they appear irresposible and erratic usualy more concerned with watching those on the tube than where it is they are heading.

+1 on a boom and teaching kids to ski, kneeboard, wakeboard, barefoot.

I do own a tube and a tube rope, just can't remember the last time it was used.

I was unaware of towers increasing the value of a Nautique. Maybe a Sport Nautique, but I always thought it had just the opposite effect on a Ski Nautique.

200 Sport now includes the new lifting ring tube puller feature. My 98 only has a lifting ring.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4487" rel="nofollow - 1998 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: August-06-2010 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

Anyone got an idea?

I'll take the over on $50k

I'm sure it comes in other color schemes.

-------------

Date Posted: August-06-2010 at 4:38pm
[QUOTE=harddock]

I was unaware of towers increasing the value of a Nautique. Maybe a Sport Nautique, but I always thought it had just the opposite effect on a Ski Nautique.
QUOTE]
Not around here, or anywhere else I can think of. To tell you the truth I seldom use the tower, and if not for the resale value the tower brings and the OB of the 206, I would have just stayed with the 196. This weekened I aqquired a Fly High tower extension from BI that will raise the pull point another 3 feet, so it will get some use this weekend. It would seem nobody wants a boat these days w/o a tower, hell people are putting them an Bayliners now.?.?.? Thank God for people like Pete and the Doc, otherwise you would see towers on Darts and Atom Skiers.

-------------

Date Posted: August-11-2010 at 10:30pm
http://boatspotter.com/Page.aspx/diid/2527610/list/InventoryList/pageId/4210/view/Details/2010-Correct-Craft-Ski-Nautique-200-Open-Bow.aspx - MSRP $70,821

Boat Spotter lists the MSRP at $70,821

-------------

Print Page | Close Window