Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20564
Printed Date: April-30-2024 at 7:31am

Topic: Oil Drain Line
Posted By: MD11Skier
Subject: Oil Drain Line
Date Posted: February-05-2011 at 11:35pm
Been looking at the wide selection of oil drain lines for my 1997 PCM Pro Boss GT 40, on the CC part suppliers sites. The Discount Inboard Marine site says that I need to jack up the back of the engine to install. Anyone know of a drain kit that doesn't require jacking up the engine to install and where I can get it???

Replies:
Posted By: emccallum
Date Posted: February-06-2011 at 12:02am
I cant speak for the 97. The one I have just screws into the plug, pretty easy install (82,95), just make sure you buy the right size. I think I bought the wrong one the first time from DIM. if there is any question buy both sizes and send back the wrong one.

The one I have is just a long hose to go through the bilge drain.

Posted By: emccallum
Date Posted: February-06-2011 at 12:14am
just read DIM website....looks like you are going to have to move the engine. Shouldnt be too hard. I bet the folks at DIM can tell you the easiest way to install it. they are well worth the effort to have.

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-06-2011 at 8:27am
Go for it. It's probably time to do a alignment anyway. Has it been done recently?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: harriss28
Date Posted: February-06-2011 at 12:15pm
i went through the same problem with my 97. i installed a banjo bolt/fitting. They are common on turbos. I paid about $30 for the complete setup. I have not drained the oil yet. The only issue with this setup is that the bolt has a small hole....the oil may drain slowly. A cheap vacuum pump will solve that problem.

Shawn

Posted By: Kevin's '79
Date Posted: February-06-2011 at 12:58pm
I purchased an oil drain kit from Mid-West Correct Craft a few years back for my '97. I didn't have to raise my engine. The one I got screwed into the oil pan separate from the hose. The part that screwed into the oil pad had 3 tapped holes on 3 of the 6 sides. You screwed it in and then screwed plugs into 2 of the holes and the hose screwed into the 3rd hole. It was made this way because of the minimal clearance from the oil pan to the hull. The cost was $32.50 and the PCM P/N was RK024056CH. Hope this helps.   Kevin

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2575&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - My '97 SN

Date Posted: February-07-2011 at 10:51pm
Ohhh noooo, alignment??? We talkin' prop shaft alignment???...seems if I were to move the back of the engine to install this drain kit, I'll probably goon something up...do I need to plan for an alignment in the future??? Boat only has 300 hours...

Posted By: kapla
Date Posted: February-08-2011 at 3:45pm
don´t these engines come with the oil drain hose as stardart equipment? just wondering..
mine came with...

As for alligment its really not that hard to do once you figure out some of the tricks involved.
there´s a good thread on the subject..and also lots of folks here willing to help.

-------------
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Posted By: Keeganino
Date Posted: February-08-2011 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by MD11Skier MD11Skier wrote:

Ohhh noooo, alignment??? We talkin' prop shaft alignment???...seems if I were to move the back of the engine to install this drain kit, I'll probably goon something up...do I need to plan for an alignment in the future??? Boat only has 300 hours...

On a 14 year old boat I would say you are due regardless of hours. Not as daunting as you might think. Like Kapla said just read up on it and you'll be fine.

-------------
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4897" rel="nofollow - 1973 Skier

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: February-09-2011 at 1:16pm
My 93 came with one. I almost bought a replacement last summer because the "flats" on the drain end nuts are not perfect.

I hesitated because of the term "metric" on the 85 and up Ford Motors. So, the threads themselves are metric? Everything else about these boats seems to be SAE.
http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1054 - Ski Dim Oil Drain Kits

Date Posted: February-09-2011 at 10:47pm
Thanks guys for the great input...Kevin thanks for the part no. When I'm @#$holes and alligators up to my knees on the prop shaft alignment...I'll be looking for somebody!!!

Print Page | Close Window